Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2020, 03:08 PM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Zero issues I have owned 3rd, 4th, 5th and a 6th gen I still do not understand the issue I see just fine I guess I am used to it.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:25 PM   #16
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Wow, you should change your name to "Camaro hater".
First the trunk and now the visibility...

Again, the second gens were called out for the same visibility problems. But back in those days, there weren't any cameras available. So, for the '75 MY they added the "wrap around" rear window.

They are sports cars, not SUVs. SUVs do not go fast nor handle well. Sports cars have small trunks and "poor visibility". That's how the world works.

Which, for the record, I agree the visibility thing is way overblown. It is hard to see stoplight though.
Eh, for the most part, he is pretty objective, but I think everyone in the thread did hit the nail on the head: it's blown out of proportion by magazines and reviews.

No one in their right mind will say Camaro visibility is great, but calling it "gun slit"(Was it C&D? Can't remember.) is just straight up exaggeration. It's not as good as other cars but if you can't live with one, you should have figured it out when you sat in one.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Eh, for the most part, he is pretty objective, but I think everyone in the thread did hit the nail on the head: it's blown out of proportion by magazines and reviews.

No one in their right mind will say Camaro visibility is great, but calling it "gun slit"(Was it C&D? Can't remember.) is just straight up exaggeration. It's not as good as other cars but if you can't live with one, you should have figured it out when you sat in one.
You just hit the poor sales nail squarely on the head. People sit in the car and if they notice it, feel cramped, less lit (that's a thing) they aren't buying it. Most people here are more concerned about the performance of the car and accept the trade offs.

Many say "you'll get used to it". You shouldn't have to get used to a new car.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #18
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Most people nowadays are in a small SUV’s or a mini van surrounded in glass, two door coupes have always had low profiles and limited windows openings. People freak out because coming from that and getting in a coupe from that a all glass world they are used to, is just so foreign now.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #19
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Is the visibility not as great compared to other cars? Sure
Did I buy a camaro to ensure I had good visibility? Hell no
Old 05-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #20
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You just hit the poor sales nail squarely on the head. People sit in the car and if they notice it, feel cramped, less lit (that's a thing) they aren't buying it. Most people here are more concerned about the performance of the car and accept the trade offs.
I think there's more to visibility to the poor sales thing. It's not like the previous gens had great visibility, either. If GM determined that it's such an issue, they would probably address it with the next car. As someone discussed in another thread, the marketing for the 6th Gen Camaro is non-exisitent so that probably has something to do with the poor sales as well.

And being slightly cramped(personally I would say "tight") in a sports car is a great thing. It makes you feel like you are in a fighter jet. If you don't like that tightness, don't drive a sports car.

Besides, I don't really know why the sales thing affects me. If anything, I kinda like it because I don't like driving a sports car that's a "me too" car. I don't work for GM, so I don't really care, LOL.

I also owned a car that has reliability issues that are blown out of proportion(RX-8). No one will say they are exactly reliable, but the "rotary engines last 10k miles lel" comments are just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Many say "you'll get used to it". You shouldn't have to get used to a new car.
OK, that's something I can't agree on.

Going off the Ferrari/Lambo comparison someone mentioned before, I have driven a Ferrari 488 Spyder before, and let me tell you, that car needs you to do a lot of getting used to. The turn signals are toggle buttons, you put it in Drive by tapping the right paddle shifter and Neutral by tapping both paddle shifters, while the Reverse is a button where a shifter in a normal car is. The list goes on. To make things worse, I was constantly shifting between driving it and an SUV so I do end up mixing the controls a bit. Still, I can't imagine someone turning down driving a Ferrari just because it controls differently from a normal car and they just refuse to get used to it.

Even the C7 I owned needs some getting used to with its low seating position and door-opening buttons, but again, it's a Corvette, get used to the thing unless you don't want to drive one.

Unless you drive the equivalent of a toaster for a car, where user-friendliness is a top priority, any proper sports car should need some getting used to because they should feel special. If you get into a sports car and it feels like a Camry, the designers absolutely have failed their job to design a sports car.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #21
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
It has better visibility than a work van, a truck with a topper on it, a truck with something in the back of it. It really isn’t that bad.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:35 PM   #22
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
It has better visibility than a work van, a truck with a topper on it, a truck with something in the back of it. It really isn’t that bad.
Exactly.... Learn to be a proper motorist and use your mirrors!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:40 PM   #23
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
As someone discussed in another thread, the marketing for the 6th Gen Camaro is non-exisitent so that probably has something to do with the poor sales as well.
GREAT! Another rant in 3...2....1....
Old 05-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #24
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Well, I have had people tell me about my poor gas mileage, visibility, etc etc... I certainly didnt buy a Camaro for its gas mileage...Or visibility. But hey I also dont let magazine reviews dictate my choices because THEY dont like the visibility.

I think its just fine. Have owned a 3rd gen, two 4th gens, three 5th gens, and three 6th gens. All great!
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #25
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I am siding with the others that have said it is exaggerated and overblown. I have no problems with it and in fact I have driven cars that were way worse than this. I also want add that when you tow with a truck like I have your rearview mirror becomes useless so you to have use your side mirrors. You just adjust your mirrors accordingly. I have yet to have any issues as far as journalists are saying regarding visibility. So yeah I do not consider it bad at all based on my experiences anyway.

Last edited by Devstrike; 05-23-2020 at 01:03 PM.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #26
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
If you want great "visibility", just get a nice upright boxy Fox body Mustang. lol!

When I first got my Camaro, the windshield seemed like a bunker looking out. Now, I'm totally used to it. In fact, when I drive other cars with more normal windshield heights, they look goofy to me. It's like being in the Popemobile or something.

Even though the 6th gen is about .5" shorter in side window height than the 5th gen, it wouldn't bother me at all. After you drive the car for awhile, you will adjust to the new sightlines.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #27
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
The one visibility issue I routinely encounter is illustrated below:

There are times when the top just can't be down, such as during a frog-strangler. Square up as best as you are able so you can see what is coming from the right hand side.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #28
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr8000 View Post
Well it does have those beat.

Quote:
Exactly.... Learn to be a proper motorist and use your mirrors!
Indirect vision is no substitute for direct vision. If you like good direct vision, and I do, indirect vision can be awesome but not a substitute. I’ve been evaluating camera systems at work and although they are capable of some very cool things, I’m not a fan. GMs invisible trailer is something I’d like to try first hand.

Quote:
GREAT! Another rant in 3...2....1....
I let that slide..NASCAR...cough, cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
If you want great "visibility", just get a nice upright boxy Fox body Mustang. lol!

When I first got my Camaro, the windshield seemed like a bunker looking out. Now, I'm totally used to it. In fact, when I drive other cars with more normal windshield heights, they look goofy to me. It's like being in the Popemobile or something.

Even though the 6th gen is about .5" shorter in side window height than the 5th gen, it wouldn't bother me at all. After you drive the car for awhile, you will adjust to the new sightlines.
No doubt you can get used to it. You can get used to a lot of things. However, there is nothing gained with a high belt, slammed roof Other than styling. GM styling lived by for years. You can only lose. Hard to sell a car with poor visibility to someone who cares.

Again, the very best car in the segment sells the poorest, and it isn’t marketing or advertising. If that’s all it took, Dodge would be number one by a mile.