Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-23-2020, 11:13 PM   #29
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Couple weeks ago I took my 2SS up to Orange County for the day to go to work... Coming back down the 5 through Camp Pendelton, some Audi S7 kept playing cat & mouse with me... I'd be doing 75 or so he'd come zipping (85-90 mph?) past... then he would slow down and wait for me to pass... We did this 3 or 4 times... Finally I was about 500ft behind him or so and laid into it with NPP in Track Mode and my GMP CAI and screamed past him at about 120+... I got ahead and slowed way down waiting for him to pass me again... No matter how slow I went he wouldn't pass me...

Lesson Learned... (well... Lesson Taught...LOL!)
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:25 AM   #30
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I get revved on by a lot of frs/86/brz owners. I think it's funny more than anything. I've had a guy at a gas station with his veloster turbo, that thing screamed ricer. Had unequal exhaust tips, rear wheels stance (only a 1/3 of the tire actually was on the ground), claimed he had cams, ported heads, and turbo upgrade. Fired up his little hatch and the exhaust note sounded like a joke.
Ended up leaving and telling him to have a nice day. He just needs to keep reading super street magazine and listen to his high school buddies lol.
I dont dis the ones who know what they're doing, but this one for example, cmon man ugh.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:07 AM   #31
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Ahh man, turning on the lights and siren after losing a drag race is just poor sportsmanship.

He never raced him the Acura took off speeding and the officer just left the light normally until I believe the acura got well over the speed limit. The lights came on then and that is when he closed the gap. EDIT: I think he just revved back to humor him in thinking he wanted to hear the officers exhaust. From my perspective based on how he left the light he never had the intention to race and didn't hit the gas until maybe a few hundred feet after traffic started moving from the stop light.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:37 AM   #32
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I wonder how often this happens to females.
Female friend of mine says when driving her ZL1 nobody revs their motor. Or when they do after seeing it's a chick they just drive like normal.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #33
acniv

Drives: Chev Camaro
I was on my way home from work one day, just 'normal' city surface street driving in Memphis, which means everyone is 10 to 15 mph over on the mad dash home from work. I moved to the center of 3 lanes to pass some cars, one happened to be a Dodge sumthin' er' rather (ugly green IMO). I honestly had no idea it was even there, was just passing and I hit my signal to pull back into the right lane and this dude floors it. So, I sped up, still not registering that apparently we were 'racing'(?) and pulled into the lane. We get to the red light, literally like 500 feet, he pulls on the shoulder to my passenger side, signals to roll down the window, which I obliged. Most people I run into want to talk shop...ask questions about the interior, what ever. Not this dude, he goes on for the duration of the light about how the Chevy is this and he spent more on his car that, etc. He also lectured me on the value of safe driving, to which I asked why he sped up when I signaled to move back into the 'driving' lane. He said, and you can't make this sh!t up, "I don't get passed"; Clearly not the case, but, he seemed to believe it...So, I'm letting this dude finish his vent, while watching the light, and when it turned green, dropped the clutch and left him sitting. I really just wanted to 'signal' to him I was not impressed nor intimidated by the ugly green machine. Once I slowed down in the right lane, he 'passed' me in the far left lane and had to stop at the left turning lane/signal. Seriously, what is the point of light-to-light speed antics in traffic. I do sometimes oblige if the road is clear, especially late at night at the state line (6 lanes of no cars, no one to blame of taking a wall but yourself), still, revving is usually just a 'my sh!t is loud' type thing and I find, as with this douche bag, younger drivers for the most part. I am out of my forties and frankly, I drive as fast as I want, when I want, where I think its safe to do so and I am willing to take the ticket if that's what happens. Sadly, I have the points and the cash to cover my momentary lack of self-control : ) Some of these knuckle heads can't afford the high octane gas to put into the car much less the sizable tickets for trying to race, speeding, etc.
I don't entertain any of the rice burners. They are loud, that's great. The smell awful, I have no idea what they put into the tanks but, its not worth my 2 bucks in gas to pass them in 5th only to reset my cruise control and have them barking at me again.
Most other real sports cars I see come in contact with are pretty chill, the older ones anyway.
All bets are off for anyone owning a stock Mustang though, they seem to think they have exclusive rights to loud factory pipes : )
acniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #34
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ssa_camaro View Post
Does anyone have neighbors or people around their neighborhood that have any types of sports cars that always rev it or floor it in front of your home when your car is parked outside in your driveway. �� This scat pack just did a burnout out when he saw my SS outside. Them mopar guys are the most scandalous and the most confident until they take an L and won’t admit to it.
A neighbor with a black S197 Mustang GT drives past with his automatic transmission in low whenever I’m working in the garage. He’s an older guy too. I think it’s “cute”.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:38 PM   #35
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
My 6th Gen, Nope. No one revs at me. Maybe I just haven’t noticed it?

My 5th Gen 1LE was a whole different story. Complete opposite. Cars revving at stop lights, cars revving on the freeway, everything.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #36
2017Darkness

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
I revved a fellow Camaro the other day getting off the highway. I don't see many 6th gens around me and when I got off the exit, there was a HBM SS sitting at the bottom of the ramp. I straddled the shoulder so I was in his/her mirror and revved the sh*t out of mine out of excitement. Couldn't tell if it was a real ZLE, but it had Z28's on it with the front canards. We had a enough of a gap in traffic that we both pulled onto the rode and did a mild pull to about 45.
2017Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #37
ryan01

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
In our neighborhood we have a '19 ZR1, Lambo Huracan and ACR Viper and I almost never hear any of those cars, but I wouldn't mind.
ryan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:34 PM   #38
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Not in the neighborhood, but constantly at lights when a Mustang or Challenger pulls up beside me. However, I have seen Back to the Future too many times, so I let them do their thing.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:15 PM   #39
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
A couple weeks ago I had some hillbilly in a lifted and obviously souped up Ram Cummins with exhaust stacks through the bed straight up - yeah, that guy - rev his engine at me at a light and pour that diesel on.

I accelerated like my Great Aunt in her 1977 Catalina. He was sooooo disappointed when I caught up to him at the next light
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:52 AM   #40
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I don't typically get anyone revving at me. But I do have people pace me or pace me right in my blind spot a lot. It's really awkward and frustrating at times.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #41
TBAtilidk

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS 6M HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I don't typically get anyone revving at me. But I do have people pace me or pace me right in my blind spot a lot. It's really awkward and frustrating at times.
The pacing is more irritating that the revving or racing by.
TBAtilidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #42
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
not too often.it happens more in my wifes civic coupe.blue with factory sport wheels so all the young kids think grandma wants to race their clapped out rice mobiles.worst thing is she could probably beat many of them if she were so inclined.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote