Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #15
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
How long between when the check engine light came on again? I haven't had any issues since I cleared it the first time.
About two weeks. No odd behavior aside from the codes the first time. Started running like crap immediately the second. Still took two trips to the dealer to get it resolved after the second round of codes.
Also, mine could have been more extreme due to the fact that it was two injectors failing.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #16
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Just had the codes come back up today on a cold start after work. P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire) and P050D. Didn't notice it running bad though on the drive home and MPG's were the same as I always get. So odd. Wish it was able to tell you exactly what cylinders misfired.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:42 AM   #17
Snrub

Drives: Gone: 2017 Camaro SS
If you get a OBDII reader (eg. bluetooth dongle and android torque app) you can see current and longer term counts of misfires on a per cylinder basis.

If you have a tune, I suspect it's unlikely your warranty applies. How would they know it's not the tune and why would they spend time they're not paid for trying to rule out the tune?
Snrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:36 PM   #18
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub View Post
If you get a OBDII reader (eg. bluetooth dongle and android torque app) you can see current and longer term counts of misfires on a per cylinder basis.

If you have a tune, I suspect it's unlikely your warranty applies. How would they know it's not the tune and why would they spend time they're not paid for trying to rule out the tune?
I have HPTuners so I think i'll hook that up and see what it says. It came on again today after cold starting it after work. Same codes. Light came on right as the RPM's started to drop to normal idle RPM's after the high idle from cold starting. Again I didn't notice any driving issues or MPG changes. I'm going to check all the wires and plugs to start with.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
Old 01-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #19
EMTNLSS

So i've scanned a cold start with hptuners and it's cylinder #7. It only misfires during the cold start sequence. As soon as that's done I don't get any. I drove around and went to redline and didn't get any. What would cause it to misfire only during the cold start sequence?

Upcoming Mods:
Old 05-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #20
CaspianXPD8

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS

Old thread, I know. But you guys bumped it back in January, so I figured I'd air my $.02 in case any else comes across this in search:

CEL at 15k miles. Bone stock, so straight to dealer. Had same codes and they replaced an injector under warranty. At 19k miles now with no issue.
CaspianXPD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #21
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaspianXPD8 View Post
Old thread, I know. But you guys bumped it back in January, so I figured I'd air my $.02 in case any else comes across this in search:

CEL at 15k miles. Bone stock, so straight to dealer. Had same codes and they replaced an injector under warranty. At 19k miles now with no issue.
Glad it worked out for you.

Just to update my old thread, I'm at 102k miles now (yes, one hundred and two thousand), and haven't had any injector-related issues since 10k, or any other major problems actually.
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 PM   #22
EMTNLSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K16SummitSS View Post
Glad it worked out for you.

Just to update my old thread, I'm at 102k miles now (yes, one hundred and two thousand), and haven't had any injector-related issues since 10k, or any other major problems actually.
Wow that has to be one of the highest mileage 6th gen camaros around haha.

I never updated this thread but I replaced my injectors also and it fixed the misfire issue also. Runs a lot smoother on cold start.

Upcoming Mods: