Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 11-13-2022, 01:34 PM   #15
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
I had to do this when I bought my car in TX but live in AZ.

The dealership you buy the car at collects thne sales tax when you buy the vehicles. Most dealers use a 3rd party company for their out of state buyers. What the 3rd party company SHOULD do is take all your paperwork and sales tax money and send that to your states DMV. they are SUPPOSE to do it within 30 days and the dealership you buy the car at should give you a 30 day temporary plate. Then when your state MVD gets everything, they will send you your actual hard plate.

Now, if you have my kinda luck, this 3rd party company will drag their ass and lose the paperwork. I had to have the dealer I bought the car from print me out a 2nd temporary plate while they checked why the 3rd party company wasn't sending my paperwork over. (I even called my local mvd but they kept saying they never received anything). After 45ish days they finally sent it over. I got my hard plate and I even got a few $ back from paying to much in sales tax.

Edit: looking at your first pic of the paperwork vs the 2nd pic...then yes, they kept the difference and made it "fees" . I'd give them a call, explain what ur mvd said and ask how it went from 6k in tax to 3k in tax and 3k in fees.

Last edited by AZIROC; 11-13-2022 at 01:57 PM.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 11:51 PM   #16
ZL1CK_Guy

Drives: 2021 A10 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
I had to do this when I bought my car in TX but live in AZ.

The dealership you buy the car at collects thne sales tax when you buy the vehicles. Most dealers use a 3rd party company for their out of state buyers. What the 3rd party company SHOULD do is take all your paperwork and sales tax money and send that to your states DMV. they are SUPPOSE to do it within 30 days and the dealership you buy the car at should give you a 30 day temporary plate. Then when your state MVD gets everything, they will send you your actual hard plate.

Now, if you have my kinda luck, this 3rd party company will drag their ass and lose the paperwork. I had to have the dealer I bought the car from print me out a 2nd temporary plate while they checked why the 3rd party company wasn't sending my paperwork over. (I even called my local mvd but they kept saying they never received anything). After 45ish days they finally sent it over. I got my hard plate and I even got a few $ back from paying to much in sales tax.

Edit: looking at your first pic of the paperwork vs the 2nd pic...then yes, they kept the difference and made it "fees" . I'd give them a call, explain what ur mvd said and ask how it went from 6k in tax to 3k in tax and 3k in fees.
At the moment it seems like we just overpaid taxes to the dmv and have applied for a refund

2023 GKK A10 ZLE 1st order placed 09/2021 - status 1100 (cancelled) 2nd order placed 05/2022 - status 1100 (cancelled)

2021 GKK A10 ZLE purchased 09/2022
ZL1CK_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote