Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 11-30-2023, 04:04 PM   #1
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
LT1head/hot cam kit.

Has anyone installed the #19333525 hot head/ cam kit on there Lt1? boosts hp from 455 to 525.
thanks, Greg
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:20 PM   #2
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Search using "19333525"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgear View Post
Has anyone installed the #19333525 hot head/ cam kit on there Lt1? boosts hp from 455 to 525.
thanks, Greg
You may want to use the search function on this forum with the GM part number. I was super interested in this package a long time ago. There are a couple of threads. Pay particular attention to the post by Katech. It seems like I recall the results were underwhelming. If memory serves, Katech may have even put one in a customers car. Reach out to them.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:52 PM   #3
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:26 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
waste of time effort and money.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:32 PM   #5
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
You may want to use the search function on this forum with the GM part number. I was super interested in this package a long time ago. There are a couple of threads. Pay particular attention to the post by Katech. It seems like I recall the results were underwhelming. If memory serves, Katech may have even put one in a customers car. Reach out to them.
Correct. There are waaaaaayy better options than the GM hot cam/heads. Guy wanted to use the GM hot cam and maybe even the heads I believe and it ended up making substantially less power than anticipated. Youd be better off calling a good shop, like Katech, and having them spec parts for you. Few head/cam builds on here from Katech with fantastic results.
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:31 PM   #6
GAOLDGUY

Possible Best N/A Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy1le View Post
Correct. There are waaaaaayy better options than the GM hot cam/heads. Guy wanted to use the GM hot cam and maybe even the heads I believe and it ended up making substantially less power than anticipated. Youd be better off calling a good shop, like Katech, and having them spec parts for you. Few head/cam builds on here from Katech with fantastic results.
Judy, you may have the best N/A build available. I go and look at the "Katech 427" from time to time and wonder if I could get $38,122.99 for a kindney (non-drinker, type o-neg if you know anybody). I would be interested in this motor as you continue to live with it, specifically, if you ever need to do valvetrain maintenance, etc. Please continue to report on your build and let us know your mileage as you report and any maintenance required to that engine.
Old 12-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #7
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilgear View Post
thanks, Greg
Did it on my 2016 2SS with a high ram. It was a dog. Cam & heads got an extra 40 RWHP. It sounded mean but was a total flop and waste of money.
Base line 380 ended up 440 with ram. The tuner was shit because back in 2016 not much info out here for tuning. Will give him that in regards to tuning but the guy actually turned off my knock sensors. WTF

My Katech heads and TSP cam got an extra 127 RWHP with an LT2 manifold/95 TB. 527 to the wheels before I went supercharger.

Don’t do it.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:32 PM   #8
Judy1le

Quote:
Judy, you may have the best N/A build available. I go and look at the "Katech 427" from time to time and wonder if I could get $38,122.99 for a kindney (non-drinker, type o-neg if you know anybody). I would be interested in this motor as you continue to live with it, specifically, if you ever need to do valvetrain maintenance, etc. Please continue to report on your build and let us know your mileage as you report and any maintenance required to that engine.
I appreciate the words sir. I will say it was quite a hefty bill lol but it was well worth it and I would happily do it again. Maybe I should go more into specific details of living with the car in my original thread, but to give you the short story, I have not had any issues with the car, only learning curves on my end as I learn and drive more. I borderline daily the car since I have gotten it back and it has been a blast. Zach and the team at Katech have exceeded all expectations and produced a wonderful product.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:40 PM   #9
GAOLDGUY

Keep the Details Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy1le View Post
I appreciate the words sir. I will say it was quite a hefty bill lol but it was well worth it and I would happily do it again. Maybe I should go more into specific details of living with the car in my original thread, but to give you the short story, I have not had any issues with the car, only learning curves on my end as I learn and drive more. I borderline daily the car since I have gotten it back and it has been a blast. Zach and the team at Katech have exceeded all expectations and produced a wonderful product.
I appreciate your thread and I have visited it multiple times. Between that motor and the lightweight flywheel, I am interested in every single bit of information that you can share. Thanks again for documenting the build.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:47 PM   #10
Judy1le

Quote:
I appreciate your thread and I have visited it multiple times. Between that motor and the lightweight flywheel, I am interested in every single bit of information that you can share. Thanks again for documenting the build.
I will update the original thread in the next few days. Ive been thinking about it, so thanks for the push to do so.