Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2023, 01:02 PM   #15
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
So got a similar thing happening i dont know if i just nvr noticed it but i have a 2022 ss 1le. I always thought that i had round 14.1 v when the car was running. But i have noticed that lately when just cruising or idle the car is sitting near the line down from 14. Still well within the grey area but didnt know if thats normal for it to do that.

If i floor the car the volts go too bout halfway over the middle 14 volt line but not quite to the next line an stays there for quite a while until in not playing hard. No codes at all car idles great i have 3 layers of the heat wrap over my wires by the headers. They dont even grt hot to the touch and their a good 2+ inches away from the headers.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 03:51 PM   #16
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZ-SS1LE View Post
So got a similar thing happening i dont know if i just nvr noticed it but i have a 2022 ss 1le. I always thought that i had round 14.1 v when the car was running. But i have noticed that lately when just cruising or idle the car is sitting near the line down from 14. Still well within the grey area but didnt know if thats normal for it to do that.

If i floor the car the volts go too bout halfway over the middle 14 volt line but not quite to the next line an stays there for quite a while until in not playing hard. No codes at all car idles great i have 3 layers of the heat wrap over my wires by the headers. They dont even grt hot to the touch and their a good 2+ inches away from the headers.
After seven years of owning and driving my car and watching the voltmeter move all around with no apparent pattern - I just don’t worry about it as long as the car starts easily. If it is starting with no issues then the battery is getting charged.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:06 PM   #17
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZ-SS1LE View Post
So got a similar thing happening...
No codes at all car idles great.
So you and the OP are not in the same situation. You have fluctuations of the voltmeter with normal driving behavior of the car and no codes. This is normal.
OP has low volts, poor idle behavior, and about a dozen codes.

Keep an eye on your wires near the headers. Sounds like you did a good job with insulation. I would use wire to hold the harnesses away from the headers and not rely on plastic zip ties which might melt.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:50 PM   #18
CJZ-SS1LE

Drives: 2022 camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
So you and the OP are not in the same situation. You have fluctuations of the voltmeter with normal driving behavior of the car and no codes. This is normal.
OP has low volts, poor idle behavior, and about a dozen codes.

Keep an eye on your wires near the headers. Sounds like you did a good job with insulation. I would use wire to hold the harnesses away from the headers and not rely on plastic zip ties which might melt.
Yeah i have plastic on just the first layer i put on 3 more layers over them and secured with the metal straps that come with header wrap plus the wrap velco strapped as well. An their pulled away from the headers and strapped to the side wall via small drilled hole. An yes car starts perfect within one turn over zero codes. Just wondered if it was the start of something to watch for. Drive the car for a long hr and half drive today in 75 degree weather got hm and the wrap coverin the wires was barely even warm.
CJZ-SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #19
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
If you want to keep an eye on how hot things get around the headers, pick up one of these next time you are at harbor freight. I swear I got mine for about $10 on sale at one point. Super useful for many things.
https://www.harborfreight.com/infrar...ter-93984.html
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote