Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #29
mtdwye0

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Considered flipping the bracket over, but believe it would then be too tall for the hood.
mtdwye0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:00 PM   #30
mtdwye0

Ok, flipped bracket and BARELY clears, but no longer pushing on that tube beneath it. believe the headliner is touching the top most part of the CC now, but might be just barely (put flour on top most part and some on headliner after closing gently and opening). Better, but not sure about headliner being in contact with it while driving is a good idea. Matt
Old 09-24-2023, 10:56 AM   #31
mtdwye0

So just a heads up for folks. Not sure if my 23 2SS 1LE is different from others or what, but the bracket that was supplied to me (you can see in the pics above) is not ideal for the E2 CC fitting well. It either pushes down on that plastic tube too much imho, or results in the top of the CC contacting the hood liner. The hood still shuts without issue, but I don't believe touching the liner is good.

So if you order, you might want to talk to someone about the front mount. I ordered mine online without any communication. I'm working with Elite now about fixing this, hoping to get the front mount and hardware sent.

Matt
Old 09-24-2023, 11:50 AM   #32
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdwye0 View Post
So just a heads up for folks. Not sure if my 23 2SS 1LE is different from others or what, but the bracket that was supplied to me (you can see in the pics above) is not ideal for the E2 CC fitting well. It either pushes down on that plastic tube too much imho, or results in the top of the CC contacting the hood liner. The hood still shuts without issue, but I don't believe touching the liner is good.

So if you order, you might want to talk to someone about the front mount. I ordered mine online without any communication. I'm working with Elite now about fixing this, hoping to get the front mount and hardware sent.

Matt
Can’t you gently bend the bracket down just after where it bolts to the car and then gently bend it up just before it bolts to the can creating a slight Z shape that will split the difference between hitting your liner or hitting your fitting. or slot holes on the bracket to make the can more adjustable up-and-down
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 12:05 PM   #33
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
On the 2023, I do think our 62L bracket might be the best option for mounting.
Attached Images

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 07:00 PM   #34
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
Quote:

Matt
the bracket you have is different from the one i used
when i bought it i also ordered an extra bracket 62L
thats for mounting it in front
Bought Stainless steel bolts 1inch , 1 1/4 and . 1 1/2 with 17 mm head
the inch and a quarter worked best for me
put a thick rubber o ring (dont remember the size) between the engine and bracket on the otherside of the bracket a internal tooth lock washer then a thin washer by the bolt head.... I tried a internal tooth lock washer on both sides and also tried rubber o rings on both sides ... this seems to work best for me .

I'm a Paranoid guy and didnt like how close the bottom of the catch can was to the cooling lines so i cut a rubber heater hose or maybe alittle smaller and put it over the aluminum cooler line attached it with zip ties .. in case the can bracket sags and the bottom of the can touches it ,,, but thats me ..... hope this helps
Attached Images

Last edited by PhotoGuy; 09-25-2023 at 06:17 PM.
PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 08:00 PM   #35
mtdwye0

Wow, thanks for the feedback!! Super helpful Photoguy! Really appreciate it.

The mount is pretty think and good quality, so no way I can bend it.

Elite is working with me very nicely on this, even over the weekend and on a Sunday--so very impressed with their customer service.

I do think the 62L mount in front is the way to go for our cars. Matt
Old 09-25-2023, 07:35 AM   #36
Elite Engineering

Yes, that is very helpful. That looks like a 10mm hex bolt x 30 mm long
Old 09-25-2023, 10:45 AM   #37
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Yes, nice write up Photoguy especially with the pics.
I've always preferred the Elite CC and it's my belief that a front mounted CC catches more of the condensation (water) that is a normal byproduct of combustion. When the CC is in front of the engine, it catches more cool air and that attracts and holds the condensation. Be aware that the CC may need to be emptied more often in colder weather. Especially if running FI.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:19 PM   #38
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Yes, that is very helpful. That looks like a 10mm hex bolt x 30 mm long
LOL my mistake going on forums at night
PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:14 AM   #39
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGuy View Post
LOL my mistake going on forums at night

No worries. Luckily we stock these metric bolts for some of our other applications.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:10 AM   #40
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:

Matt
Covered this in my post below regarding the install on my 23. Simply moved the plastic line over to the side with no issues. As an extra precaution, one could wrap the plastic hose in some type of heat resistant insulation where it would contact the can however I have not done that at this time.

CLICK HERE FOR INSTALL POST
Attached Images

Current mileage: 310

Last edited by Junction65; 09-26-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Junction65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 11:55 AM   #41
mtdwye0

Junction--nice option, glad that worked for you and happy to know moving that line is doable. One of the reasons I decided to go with Elite was the feedback on here and the idea that it was a very simple bolt on and engineered to be installed without having to move anything--just put the product together and install. Having to move any line is not something I want to do--again, why I paid a few hundred versus $100 or so.

Having said that, very happy with Elite's customer service and willingness to make it right (in my eyes) in a friendly, cooperative way. Their response was VERY quick and felt like they are very interested in having happy customers. Which is refreshing. So continue to be happy. I wish I had called and spoken to someone about options prior to ordering online like others have done and/or have asked for front bracket.

Also just an fyi to anyone looking into this for their car. If you are happy moving a line, the 'normal' bracket might be fine. If you'd like to not have to deal with that, it looks like requesting the front bracket (62L) is the way to go. If I could do it over again, I would 100% chose the front bracket from the get go.

Matt
Old 09-26-2023, 12:03 PM   #42
Junction65

Drives: 2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Junction--nice option, glad that worked for you and happy to know moving that line is doable. One of the reasons I decided to go with Elite was the feedback on here and the idea that it was a very simple bolt on and engineered to be installed without having to move anything--just put the product together and install. Having to move any line is not something I want to do--again, why I paid a few hundred versus $100 or so.

Having said that, very happy with Elite's customer service and willingness to make it right (in my eyes) in a friendly, cooperative way. Their response was VERY quick and felt like they are very interested in having happy customers. Which is refreshing. So continue to be happy. I wish I had called and spoken to someone about options prior to ordering online like others have done and/or have asked for front bracket.

Also just an fyi to anyone looking into this for their car. If you are happy moving a line, the 'normal' bracket might be fine. If you'd like to not have to deal with that, it looks like requesting the front bracket (62L) is the way to go. If I could do it over again, I would 100% chose the front bracket from the get go.

Matt
"Moving" the line over with your fingers so that the line doesn't run under the catch can is not the same as "relocating" a line which involves disconnecting/relocating/reconnecting lines. What I did was simply hold the line out of the way with my fingers as I lowered the can in place. It just seemed logical not to set the can on the line since it would impede screwing the can loose and removing the can to dump it.

I simply put the Elite Engineering E2 can for the 2016+ Camaro with the Single Exit port kit together and installed, nothing more.
Current mileage: 310

Last edited by Junction65; 09-26-2023 at 12:27 PM.
Junction65 is online now   Reply With Quote