Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 08-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #1
CamaroGen6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Can anyone provide insight for new tires options for the RS?

This will be my first time replacing tires on my 2LT RS. I've had a pretty long run with the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 runflats. My only complaint about them would be that they were not the greatest during the rain.

I'm looking for a decent all season tires that's better in rain than stock yet still has the performance factor. I don't usually do any races and I've never been to nor plan on going to a track, but I do have a heavy foot especially on the highway since I drive mostly at night when there's no traffic. I'm against buying summer and winter tires at this time because I'll be trading in my car next year. I have no preference over run flats or not.

I've seen some post mention good results from the Michelin Pilot sport a/s plus. Would those be better than the slightly cheaper Continental Extreme contact dws 06? Are the Goodyear Eagle Touring any better than stock? Also, has anyone tried any of the Pirelli's?

Any suggestions or insight will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
Deesiel678

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
The Michelins are the class leader but the others aren't far behind (The comparable Goodyear would be the EAGLE EXHILARATE).

General G-MAX AS-05 are another good option to consider. I'd bet the Generals are a fair bit less expensive per tire than the other brands mentioned. Don't be put off by this though; they are good tires. They are a subsidiary of Continental, manufactured in the same facilities as ExtremeContact DWS06. They likely use the same compound with a different tread pattern, but don't quote me on that. I have these on my wife's Flex and like them quite a bit for everyday commuting. They are good in the rain and always feel sure footed, even when driving with a heavy foot on the highway. If I drove my Camaro in the same manner, I wouldn't hesitate to use these.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I recommend the Comp2 A/S, I've run that tire on my Mustang GT and now the Camaro. Just about anything in the Ultra High Performance All Season category is going to be gtg, the Mich AS3 seems to the champ though.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
If you're looking for equal summer performance then I would look at the Michelins. Most other UHP tires have a slightly lower performance than stock summers.

I personally have the AS-05. Awesome in rain and colder weathers. WOT conditions (at lower speeds) there's a hesitation, followed by a slight wiggle, then it takes off.On the highway it's fine and doesn't lose traction in my current experiences so far.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2lt, continental, michelin, rs 2lt, tires