Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-26-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
PSC2 ZP / PSC2 R vs GY SC3R

Do any camaro owners here have any experience with PSC2 ZP / PSC2R tires and how they compare to the SC3R?

The obvious increase on the skid pad that the corvettes and now the Porsche GT3 show after switching to the PSC2 ZP and PSC2 R is incredible and I’m wondering if Camaro owners would see the same improvement switching from the SC3R to one of those tires.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:47 AM   #2
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
I believe I heard that the Corvette specific Michelin rubber was 1 of the steps in the evolution towards the Cup 2R; if you look at the tread pattern, it is almost identical and much different than the Pilot Cup 2. The performance results are very similar as well as mentioned above.

Motortrend called the Corvette the king of the skidpad since they started using these tires and the GT3's time went substantially down after getting these tires. Granted I'm not sure what tires the GT3 had on before, however it certainly was not getting 1.2 on the skidpad before these tires were put on and neither was the Corvette. Any time there is that much of an improvement mid-model, you have to take notice.

That's why I'm wondering how much of an improvement either of those tires will provide over the SC3R.
The Cup 2R costs a fortune but the Corvette tires do not, however sizes available would have to be in a 19" front wheel and 20" rear wheel since they only come in 285/30/19 and 335/25/20.

Tags
goodyear, michelin, psc2, sc3r