Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #29
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Depress clutch shift with mgw shifter, loss of rpms minimal as its damn fast the usual course, or if they pissed me off cutting me off, blip throttle and who cares if it spins the tires and I engage traction control and do a little fishtail to show my displeasure downshifting as they know they have just met a land shark....LOL Now if they tried to kill me its time for a rolling burnout, maybe think about taking them out....LOL

Rev matching when really needed is for racing on tracks other than that if your that slow ditch the stock POS shifter.....IMO ; and note how much a good positive shift is engaged with a better shifter. But if your loosing so much RPMs your most likely not using a lightweight flywheel ;and don't have the momentum of a good steel heavy flywheel keeping it real and learning to shift really fast for a street driven hot rod.

And to rev match I do it by feel with the accelerator pedal when releasing the clutch no stupid bend foot over from side while covering brake that's if your in a turn on a track...…Your accelerator pedal has constant feed and can be adjusted instantly either in or out of gear to match revs. If you don't know the feel of your own accelerator pedal...well good luck to you. And the sound of the engine really helps.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #30
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
Rev-matching and you.

You’re driving and downshifting to pass a slowpoke in the fast lane:

A: Push the clutch in, rev it, and downshift,

or

B: Push the clutch in, shift to neutral, rev it, and then downshift...

C: Press the clutch in, select the lower gear, open the throttle all the way, quickly release clutch & hang on!
Old 07-13-2018, 03:08 AM   #31
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
B always B
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote