Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Phastek Performance

Old 09-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Hurricane Irma

Stay Safe Everyone wishing everyone and their families the best in what could be a potentially bad situation!!! Hollar out if any help is needed.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It will change the face of Florida......all of it. People down here, who have ridden out all the storms of 2003-2006, are even shit-scared of this one.(incl me). Roads are packed and I-75N may make the highway of death in Basra look like a picnic, if it stays clogged. About 24 hours and counting, before things like cows and cars start flying like in the movies, from the 30 mile across eye wall.

Watch brian norcross on TWC, solid info.

And I promise.....no gofund me if my Camaro starts to fly…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Like Glen said, this one will be a game changer for the state, possibly along the lines of Andrew. I truly hope not but I've lived here since the 50's and Matthew last year scared the crap out of me. This one seems to be looking a LOT worse! Thankfully it 'looks' like it won't be running right over top of us here on the Space Coast like it appeared it was going to two days ago.

Be safe everyone!
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
That's what insurance is for, right?

Should be interesting. Hurricane party! That's the beauty of not being sober...no matter what happens you're good
Old 09-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
MostlyHarmless

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Hope all our Florida friends stay safe and act sensible over the next few days. You will be in our thoughts.

And Glen, you are one of the few I actually would support a GoFundMe account as a thank you for the many hundreds of selfless hours you put into giving members constructive and helpful advice and feedback. Both on here and previously on the C7 forums. You are one of life's good guys.

Stay safe everyone

Mark
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
Glen e

Thank you.....we are now worried about our Naples friends which is about the go nuclear.
Pray a lot we get a shift west again. Less than 18 hours before nature "unleashes hell"......
Old 09-08-2017, 11:41 PM   #7
Risky Justice

I would rather it not go further west...as that is my direction. No matter where it goes, shit will be bad. This is one of those symptoms of global warming, so this is just a sign of things to come I'm afraid. The weather models are not handling the situation very well. This has a lot to do with not being able to rely on historical data anymore, due to climate change. Our storms will become stronger as the temperature of the earth increases, as the two ingredients needed for a storm system to develop are heat and moisture.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:07 AM   #8
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I'm in Plant City (just East of Tampa), and it looks like it will be going right on top of us now!!! This will be my first Hurricane, so I'm concerned to say the least, especially with 3 kids in the house! No mandatory evacuation orders for our area, and don't expect any since we are not in a flood zone. But they're saying 100+ mph winds on Sunday night!!! Luckily, my Camaro is at the dealership (supposedly inside) getting the exhaust rattle fixed. So if anything happens, I'm sure their insurance will take care of it nicely. They gave me a pretty nice 2017 Silverado as a "loaner", not a bad trade for the weekend.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #9
Risky Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I'm in Plant City (just East of Tampa), and it looks like it will be going right on top of us now!!! This will be my first Hurricane, so I'm concerned to say the least, especially with 3 kids in the house! No mandatory evacuation orders for our area, and don't expect any since we are not in a flood zone. But they're saying 100+ mph winds on Sunday night!!! Luckily, my Camaro is at the dealership (supposedly inside) getting the exhaust rattle fixed. So if anything happens, I'm sure their insurance will take care of it nicely. They gave me a pretty nice 2017 Silverado as a "loaner", not a bad trade for the weekend.
wtf, you get a Silverado as a loaner? I got a base model Cruze when they had my car for some paint touch up.

Make sure you board up your windows and put some sandbags down--just in case. Stay as far from the windows as possible as well...those wind speeds are no joke. If you have somewhere to evacuate to though, then you should really consider that. You would have to leave right now though...so probably too late at this point. I hope you have some food and water stocked up--power and water are going to be out for at least a day or two...could be a week or more with this monster.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #10
Jmueller

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Gray
Everyone fair okay? I evacuated from Fort Lauderdale over to Tampa, right into the path of the storm! Turns out it was a good move as my father needed help putting up storm shutters and getting prepared. All was well in Tampa and power only flickered a few times. Nevertheless, I have been without power in Fort Lauderdale for four, going on five days. I have not returned Home as a result. My office also has no juice so work is at a standstill. I consider myself and my family very lucky.
Jmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #11
Glen e

Fort Lauderdale looks a lot like this. There are trees down everywhere. Other than that damage is fairly light. For some reason Deerfield Beach got hit hard.....I lost power for 72 hours....and it's 90+ degrees with dead calm...very uncomfortable.....

Last edited by Glen e; 09-14-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:44 AM   #12
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Trees down, some roads were flooded and power can be null till 2 weeks at my store in Tamarac is what i was told. Just a big F'n mess that mother nature felt was over due.... God bless all of Florida who was affected.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #13
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Family safe, need a new roof, and fence...

Many are really impacted and will be for years, please donate to Red cross if you can.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #14
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Trees down, some roads were flooded and power can be null till 2 weeks at my store in Tamarac is what i was told. Just a big F'n mess that mother nature felt was over due.... God bless all of Florida who was affected.
We are still over due. We didn't take a direct hit. Hopefully you will get power back on at your store soon. Unfortunately there are tens of thousands still without power in Dade and Broward.