Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #15
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Glad to hear lots of you are safe and sound. This was a big hurricane and I think one for the record books. FPL hoping to have all power on by Sunday, Due to all the stuff I had to put in my garage from around the yard my camaro had to ride it out in the weather. We were lucky in port saint lucie and did not get hit as hard as others. Typical wooden fences down etc... We lost 2 newer trees and cars made it out ok. I worry for those without homes in the keys and areas like bonita springs that got hit with the brunt of it. Make sure you guys donate to reputable places like red cross in these times as there are always those people out there trying to scam.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 AM   #16
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Yea, FPL, please get our power back on soon. My employees are desperate to start working again! Also build your electric poles out of concrete like you guys said in a statement the other day. That would have saved some outages for sure. And F**k you IRMA you bitch! I wish i could have blew her off to North Korea and let them feel the wrath LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #17
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
I'm getting too old for this shit. That and two years in a row of some of the worst I've ever seen along this part of the coast. Not fun.
Thankfully we had no damage to speak of. Outside of the tree limbs, branches and about half a million pine cones, only one old dead pine fell on a fence section. Still have to wait for the rain soaked ground to dry up some before I can properly replace it though...I got my truck stuck for a while when I got about 30' from it.
Never lost water but had no power for about 2-1/2 days and I could not begin to thank all the power companies and linemen that are down here working their asses of to restore power for all of us!
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
... Due to all the stuff I had to put in my garage from around the yard my camaro had to ride it out in the weather.
So, evidently I wasn't the only one who had to leave the car outside! I definitely wasn't liking the thought of it but I really had no other choice. I was able to get mine up close to the garage doors (same thing I did with my S2000 last year) but this time I parked 'Big Ugly' near it hoping it would help. Luckily the garage doors are on the West side of the house, considering the way it came through, that was fortuitous.
Both the car and the cover have been washed since, before the storm;

[IMG][/IMG]
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #18
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
23 hours hard labor to prep the house, then at 5am on Saturday we bugged out. I braced the garage doors with 2x8's to make a safe room for the mistress while we stayed with friends in Atlanta... Got home Tuesday evening after 11 hours of stop-n-go on the road all safe and sound.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote