Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Florida

Phastek Performance

Old 02-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #43
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad009 View Post
Good news and a change of direction. I cancelled the 2SS I ordered with a local dealer. After 6 weeks they had still not actually ordered the car (not committed an allocation against it) and the status was stuck at 1100. Compounding that is the fact that the wheels I want are currently on constraint (not available). There is no telling how long that will last. So, I started looking around and found exactly what I was looking for at a Chevy dealer in Texas. I called and long story short, I cancelled the order with the local dealer and am buying the 2SS in Texas. I fly out Thursday to pick it up and drive home. I am getting exactly what I want. It is actually better than that. It has the wheels I want and it does not have the 6 piston brembo brake upgrade I had previously ordered. Why is that good? Well, I can drive it with the stock 4 piston set up and see how I like it. I can always add the 6 piston set up later (I probably will). So, I look at that as a positive thing. I am excited I am getting the car in a few days rather than wait ten to 12 weeks from whenever the local dealer would have got around to ordering it. Don't take this like I am slamming the local dealer. They did what they could. They did not have an allocation. I am sure this is frustrating for them but they were cool about it.
way to take charge and get things done, vs whining here...congrats...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #44
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Hi Glen,

It is american standard Legend ceramic window film tint. This tinter used to use Llumar tint but switched to this tint for better results. It only comes in 25% or 40% though. I got the 40% because I speed too much to have illegal tint. lol

I did a lot of research on different tints available and even though this was the only thing available through the tint guy I have used for the last 10 years I am satisfied with the product and price so far.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #45
Brad009

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black on Red 2SS
Picked up my 2SS. Mosaic Back, Adrenaline Red, A8, MRC, NPP, Chevy my link w/nav.
Brad009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #46
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Congrats.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #47
drivingagain

Quote:
Picked up my 2SS. Mosaic Back, Adrenaline Red, A8, MRC, NPP, Chevy my link w/nav.
Congratulations. I am sure you have been enjoying it over the weekend. It was cold this morning so if you got to start it up the NPP in the cold is beastly!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #48
Brad009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Congratulations. I am sure you have been enjoying it over the weekend. It was cold this morning so if you got to start it up the NPP in the cold is beastly!
Lol, it certainly was. My expectations were pretty high and the SS exceeded them. It's a beautiful vehicle and a pleasure to drive. I've really enjoyed it. Now I need to make an appointment with the detail guy.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 PM   #49
Brad009

Quote:
I'll add some color to picking up my SS. After not getting the car I wanted ordered by a local dealer, I found exactly what I was looking for in Texas. I called and three short calls later I put down a deposite and then made my own arrangements. Late Thursday I flew to Dallas and got a hotel near the airport. Early Friday morning the salesman from the dealership picked me up and drove from Dallas to Plano where we had breakfast. We arrived at the dealership at 7:45 AM. They opened for us and sitting on the showroom floor between two Z06 Corvettes was my new SS. They had detailed it and she literally glittered under the showroom lights. We reviewed the paperwork and I inspected my vehicle. I took my time, used a checklist and a flashlight. Then we pulled it outside and we went over everything in detail. Then the test drive. We returned to the dealership, knocked out the paperwork, set up my Onstar account and I was on my way back to Florida. The salesman and the dealership were fantastic. I got the car I wanted within days at a better price than I could here and enjoyed the drive home. No issues at all. I am so glad I did this.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #50
Brad009

Quote:
I'll add some color to picking up my SS. After not getting the car I wanted ordered by a local dealer, I found exactly what I was looking for in Texas. I called and three short calls later I put down a deposite and then made my own arrangements. Late Thursday I flew to Dallas and got a hotel near the airport. Early Friday morning the salesman from the dealership picked me up and drove from Dallas to Plano where we had breakfast. We arrived at the dealership at 7:45 AM. They opened for us and sitting on the showroom floor between two Z06 Corvettes was my new SS. They had detailed it and she literally glittered under the showroom lights. We reviewed the paperwork and I inspected my vehicle. I took my time, used a checklist and a flashlight. Then we pulled it outside and we went over everything in detail. Then the test drive. We returned to the dealership, knocked out the paperwork, set up my Onstar account and I was on my way back to Florida. The salesman and the dealership were fantastic. I got the car I wanted within days at a better price than I could here and enjoyed the drive home. No issues at all. I am so glad I did this.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #51
drivingagain

Quote:

I am glad to hear it worked out well for you. When I was a internet manager I would fly people into Daytona all the time and deliver cars. I would even drive or trailer their cars anywhere in the states. Even brought some down to Miami port every month to be shipped to the islands or overseas. Some people can do it well and some salespeople do not have the attention to detail to make this work efficiently. If I was your salesperson I would not have made you go any where. Although you would have paid for it! lol So you got off cheaper flying and driving it yourself back cheap. Although it would have costs the same to ship it. Minus the fun experience of driving it back from texas. When I was 21 I drove newly built semi from tex-arkansas back to Palm Coast and made a fun little road trip out of it.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:21 PM   #52
Brad009

Quote:
I am glad to hear it worked out well for you. When I was a internet manager I would fly people into Daytona all the time and deliver cars. I would even drive or trailer their cars anywhere in the states. Even brought some down to Miami port every month to be shipped to the islands or overseas. Some people can do it well and some salespeople do not have the attention to detail to make this work efficiently. If I was your salesperson I would not have made you go any where. Although you would have paid for it! lol So you got off cheaper flying and driving it yourself back cheap. Although it would have costs the same to ship it. Minus the fun experience of driving it back from texas. When I was 21 I drove newly built semi from tex-arkansas back to Palm Coast and made a fun little road trip out of it.
The dealer in Texas offered to ship it. I decided to go see the car first and drive it home if it was all I hoped it would be. It was, and I did. I am stoked about my SS every single time I get in it. I hope it stays that way. It's a beautiful machine. I feel like it is more than that. For gear heads, their vehicle is an extension of themself and their personality. We get it. Other people drive a Corolla.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #53
drivingagain

LOL I get it and have had to drive a sentra at one time. Although it was a b13 manual sentra.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #54
drivingagain

So Summit did the 1LE make your decision to buy it or not? I know you have been waiting for a while. Me personally I am glad I bought the SS. When I change the rims to a forged set when I need new tires it will be everything I need or want performance wise and color scheme.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #55
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
So Summit did the 1LE make your decision to buy it or not? I know you have been waiting for a while. Me personally I am glad I bought the SS. When I change the rims to a forged set when I need new tires it will be everything I need or want performance wise and color scheme.
Yes, I definitely want it. I do autocross (not just drag race), so it will fit my needs perfectly. Plus, this is not my daily driver. They gave it much more upgrades then I thought they would. Looks like deliveries will start around November, need to talk to my dealer about when I can order it. Looks like June or so...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:43 PM   #56
Brad009

Everyone has different needs and uses for their vehicles. If I auto crossed I'd get a 1LE too. My 2SS is my daily driver and will probably never see a track. For me, it's a great choice for my commute, profiling around town and the occasional spirited drive. BTW - I'd love to see your 1LE when you get it. There won't be many around.