Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-15-2022, 06:42 AM   #1
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
Corsa vs. Borla OR a better mod?

Stock 2SS with NPP. Question: Which exhaust to choose? Corsa for the iconic muscle car sound or Borla for a deeper tone? Do I need the 'Y' pipe add on? Seems like a lot of $$$ to put down on this mod for little HP gain and I am not even sure a huge noticeable difference in tone? I normally run in Sport mode.
Is/are there a better mod(s) out there for about the same $$$. Looking for a good bang for the buck. Any suggestions welcome!
I am already running Cold Air Inductions CAI as well as a Soler Performance Throttle body and Controller.
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:19 AM   #2
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
Stock 2SS with NPP. Question: Which exhaust to choose? Corsa for the iconic muscle car sound or Borla for a deeper tone? Do I need the 'Y' pipe add on? Seems like a lot of $$$ to put down on this mod for little HP gain and I am not even sure a huge noticeable difference in tone? I normally run in Sport mode.
Is/are there a better mod(s) out there for about the same $$$. Looking for a good bang for the buck. Any suggestions welcome!
I am already running Cold Air Inductions CAI as well as a Soler Performance Throttle body and Controller.
I've been perfectly happy with the NPP. I like the fact that you can leave it open or close it when you like it to be quieter. This is the first performance car I've ever had that I was satisfied with the stock set up. I know some don't like it, but I like the pops and crackles from the NPP in Sport/Track mode.

I had a Borla on my C6 Corvette and loved the deep tone. It also had Kooks long tube headers and cats along with a tune.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:41 AM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Im also interested in seeing which is the more popular option.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:09 AM   #4
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I went with Corsa's NPP for the classic muscle car rumble. Love it, not too loud, but not quiet at all. With the NPP you can put it to Touring and still get the muscle car rumble, toned down a bit.

There is a very noticeable difference in sound between sport/track and touring/snow/ice/stealth with Corsa's NPP.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:19 AM   #5
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Flex fuel and a tune is the best bang for buck mod on this platform.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:23 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Bang vs buck does not exist for cat/axle back exhaust on these cars. you spend a lot of money for increased sound level and no performance gain.

Bang for the buck would be buying a set of TSP catless headers, resonated X piped, tied into your factory NPP muffler. Would require a tune, but even after the headers, install, and tune you be about the same cost as a Borla or Corsa NPP axleback. And the headers will give you a bump in sound and 25-30whp more power. Then you can sell your throttle controller and put that money into a flex fuel sensor that will allow you to run pump gas, E85 or a blend of both... There is another 20-25whp gain.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 09:35 AM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Bang vs buck does not exist for cat/axle back exhaust on these cars. you spend a lot of money for increased sound level and no performance gain.

Bang for the buck would be buying a set of TSP catless headers, resonated X piped, tied into your factory NPP muffler. Would require a tune, but even after the headers, install, and tune you be about the same cost as a Borla or Corsa NPP axleback. And the headers will give you a bump in sound and 25-30whp more power. Then you can sell your throttle controller and put that money into a flex fuel sensor that will allow you to run pump gas, E85 or a blend of both... There is another 20-25whp gain.
This is great advice. Headers with cats sounds great through the factory NPP too.

If you're on a budget a catback or axleback at these prices is not a good choice on these cars that see no gains from new mufflers(sub-900 hp).
Old 08-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #8
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
This is great advice. Headers with cats sounds great through the factory NPP too.

If you're on a budget a catback or axleback at these prices is not a good choice on these cars that see no gains from new mufflers(sub-900 hp).
Absolutely correct gentlemen, solid guidance.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #9
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
"Bang for the buck would be buying a set of TSP catless headers, resonated X piped, tied into your factory NPP muffler." Any suggestions where to buy? I searched TPS Catless headers and it shows a different brand headers? I honestly know nothing about headers... 1 7/8 vs 2"? Assume you can buy the X/Y pipe from Corsa or Borla? All suggestions and comments welcome!
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 10:47 AM   #10
ST1LE

Quote:
"Bang for the buck would be buying a set of TSP catless headers, resonated X piped, tied into your factory NPP muffler." Any suggestions where to buy? I searched TPS Catless headers and it shows a different brand headers? I honestly know nothing about headers... 1 7/8 vs 2"? Assume you can buy the X/Y pipe from Corsa or Borla? All suggestions and comments welcome!
They sell other brands, but theirs as well. They have options with cats, with x-pipe etc. No cats makes it a little more raspy and can smell a little, but its really your choice on cats.

https://www.texas-speed.com/c-3288-h...maro-2020.aspx
Old 08-15-2022, 11:40 AM   #11
Need4Camaro

This is all good info.. ..I was thinking of adding mufflers but its sounding like its just not worth the money.

If I were to do headers and delete the secondary cats, would I need to do anything to the stock X-Pipe / intermediate pipe? Would sound increase on my Stock NPP at all?

Its sounding like the best bang for the buck for boltons are

CAI
Headers !Secondary Cats
Flex Fuel Kit
Tune for E-85

.. Then when deciding to go up in power ..

MSD Airforce Intake
Cam
Heads (or port stock heads)

Sounds as though the rest of the stock exhaust will still handle this without issue?

Also which Flex Fuel Kit should I get?
Old 08-15-2022, 12:27 PM   #12
ST1LE

I can't answer how you want to join the headers to the stock cutback, but yes, it is going to be MUCH louder in certain situations.

Cold starts will be real loud, and when you go WOT it will be also. Your car will turn in to an animal with those mods, and it will sound like it too.

The stock NPP is also the quietest muffler you will find, so it's good to leave that on when you go headers and then decide if you want to go louder. Chances are, it will be plenty loud enough for you.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:29 PM   #13
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I can't answer how you want to join the headers to the stock cutback, but yes, it is going to be MUCH louder in certain situations.

Cold starts will be real loud, and when you go WOT it will be also. Your car will turn in to an animal with those mods, and it will sound like it too.

The stock NPP is also the quietest muffler you will find, so it's good to leave that on when you go headers and then decide if you want to go louder. Chances are, it will be plenty loud enough for you.
Do you think it will be difficult to join the headers with the remainder of the stock exhaust?
Old 08-15-2022, 02:50 PM   #14
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Do you think it will be difficult to join the headers with the remainder of the stock exhaust?
I 'think' you just need high flow cats OR link pipes that are meant to connect to factory connection.

It should say when you order it if it connects to factory or not.

They're in Texas, give them a call.