Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Damage to my Novistretch

So....nice weather here in NC today and I took the F1FTY out for a maiden run with the Novistretch attached. Some guy in a dually changed lanes in front of me and kicked up some crap. The bra did its work and stopped a full frontal assault it took a hit itself.

The hole is only about a 1/4 inch in diameter. My questions is, has anyone else got a hole in their bra and did you do anything to repair it somewhat like mend the hole or apply some nail polish, etc to prevent a run?
Attached Images

AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I do not have a Novistretch but I'd suggest a dab of clear nailpolish to keep the threads from fraying. You could also very carefully repair it with a few stitches, but that might make the fabric "pucker" and look odd. At least it did its job! I'm going on a 9-hour trip this summer from MI to TN and have been considering this purchase for the occasion. It seems to be a good solution to the constant highway assault.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:59 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Contact novistretch, they have replaced bras that Have been shot full of holes, for a very very reduced price. Great service… Don't try and fix it with any type of glue, it won't last......Get a new one, i've owned 3 of them.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:59 AM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
How old is it? Did you consider calling the company to see if they will replace it. It would seem to me that a product design for protection hold up better itself. If that would have hit in the right spot you would have most likely gotten damage
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
so.....I reached out to Novistretch to see what the best course of action was to keep the hole from running. They immediately responded and advised if I was not comfortable with the size of the hole they would replace the mask since it was so new. The product carries a 1 year warranty and they definitely stand behind it because the new mask showed up today with a few small gifts as well. These folks ROCK!!!!
AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:41 AM   #6
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Good to know, I rock this on club cruises along with their mirror covers
Old 04-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMike View Post
so.....I reached out to Novistretch to see what the best course of action was to keep the hole from running. They immediately responded and advised if I was not comfortable with the size of the hole they would replace the mask since it was so new. The product carries a 1 year warranty and they definitely stand behind it because the new mask showed up today with a few small gifts as well. These folks ROCK!!!!
That's great!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:23 AM   #8
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
It's good to hear about a company that still takes care of their customers, so few of them anymore these days