Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
CatchMyZ

Drives: Blue Velvet SS
ARH full system or kooks to borla?

First off, sorry for another exhaust thread.

I spoke with DynoSteve the other day to discuss options for a full exhaust on a 2016 SS. I told him I had borla on previous camaros and loved it (had headers also on 2010 SS). He suggested to me to consider the full ARH system based on ease of installation and the fact that he said the borla system is LOUD (and a tougher install).

I listened to as many sound clips as I could, and I am hesitant to pull the trigger on the ARH system based on sound.

Has anyone done a full ARH exhaust and not like the sound?

Does anyone have a sound clip of headers to borla S type? Is this too loud for anyone?

I appreciate any constructive feedback, stay safe Camaro family!
CatchMyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I have a ZLE which does have a slightly different sound than a non FI Camaro. But fwiw I have 2 inch ARH LTs, catless, with the full ARH system. I love it. Has a slightly lower/deeper sound at idle than a Borla or a Corsa system. A bit more like a traditional muscle car growl and a bit less of an “exotic” pitch like those two systems. Not unusually loud at idle, a nice deep rumble, but it will roar at part throttle and up. Zero metallic rasp despite being catless, which is great and very unusual. It does have a low drone at highway speed, which is not an issue to me, but it is not drone free.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote