Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #57
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korosion View Post
lol this is fun. Look at the end of the day the car made great power given the stock IM, once I get a ported MSD IM it will open it up. The base dyno pull with just headers, intake and E85 was 430/380
Great numbers man and congrats. Once I stepped up to H/C and it was all lined out, I took it for a rip down a back road with the traction control off....holy cow was it an eye opener. These cars make stupid power and thank god for nannies, if I had this car in my 20's I would no doubt be dead lol.
I would ask your tuner if he datalogged that pass and ask about your KPA in the upper rpm's. That would also give you an indicator of how much vacuum your engine was pulling with the stock IM. I see you are in Florida so I would assume you are relatively close to sea level. A KPA reading of say 98ish would be what I wanted to see, something tells me you probably were in the mid to low 90's. That would clearly tell you if their was power left on the table.

Enjoy that beast homie.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:24 AM   #58
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Then maybe some basic reading and math skills are on order, along with some basic automotive physics. I USED 6500 RPM in the calculations and the car will be down almost 100 HP in the next gear. Dude please....

That is all I was saying before you got into your normal naysayer mode.
I wasn't naysaying you, I agreed with you initially and you took it the wrong way in classic form.

You stated that your were confused why the dyno operator didn't pull to at least 6800rpm. I replied stating why the dyno operator likely didn't pull the car any higher on the dyno and that triggered you for some reason. Go back and read the posts again. Most dyno operators won't pull a car more then 3-400rpm past peak for whatever reason. The Dyno operator seen the 6100rpm peak and the power start to slightly taper off by 6400rpm and let out. Likely because it's not their car and if the OP was there and requested it, then perhaps he would of run it out.

Then you started throwing out insults and bring racing dynos into the conversation.

My intial post had nothing to due with what RPM the engine should be shifted at the track. Again I was explaining why the Dyno operator didn't pull any higher. The best way to figure out what rpm the engine wants to be shifted at is by trying different RPM at the track or street and see what yields the best results. General rule of thumb is 4-500rpm past peak power but again that is just rule of thumb.

Again I don't race dynos...when I make changes I go out to a local spot and log some pulls and verify gains or losses with my performance page. I am pulling 6.8 0-100 on the street. What do you have on that since I apparently have no clue?

For some reason you can not maintain composure in any form of debate and you start moving the goal post when somebody makes a valid point. Then you feel the need to keep piling on more useless rants. I see you edited your last post again. Perhaps you need to let it go.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #59
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Quote:
lol this is fun. Look at the end of the day the car made great power given the stock IM, once I get a ported MSD IM it will open it up. The base dyno pull with just headers, intake and E85 was 430/380
Those are very good numbers sir. Honestly, I would have thought they were a bit optimistic. Look forward to your review of the driveability.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #60
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I wasn't naysaying you, I agreed with you initially and you took it the wrong way in classic form.
Most dyno operators won't pull a car more then 3-400rpm past peak for whatever reason. The Dyno operator seen the 6100rpm peak and the power start to slightly taper off by 6400rpm and let out. Likely because it's not their car and if the OP was there and requested it, then perhaps he would of run it out.
You think a dyno guy can pull and determine when the engine makes peak and shut off with-in fractions of a second? LOL that is funny. The guy had just shut off too soon period, he monitored NOTHING other than RPM. He did not "see 6100 rpm peak". I personally have run many cars on a dyno.. how many have you run? Right... thought so.

Quote:
Then you started throwing out insults and bring racing dynos into the conversation.
As you were insistent the the runs were OK and already showed peak HP... yawn.. the run was not OK and left a good bit of the powercurve off the table. But I do agree for dyno racers it was fine.

Quote:
My intial post had nothing to due with what RPM the engine should be shifted at the track.
Agree, it was your typical off the cuff naysayer... but please continue.

Quote:
Again I was explaining why the Dyno operator didn't pull any higher.
Cause he messed up... nuff said.

Quote:
The best way to figure out what rpm the engine wants to be shifted at is by trying different RPM at the track or street and see what yields the best results. General rule of thumb is 4-500rpm past peak power but again that is just rule of thumb.
Depended on how flat the peak is, this car is pretty flat (1%) with a few HP from 6100 to 6450 RPM, and who knows how flat it would be till 7000 RPM? I posted another near identical Vette setup that shows power near flat from 6000 to 7000 rpm. Your making like this is a VTEC Integra that really does have a "peak" HP. I'm 100% sure the car should be shifted at the max RPM the OP is comfortable with on the stock short block. There is 90 HP difference in the next gear 6700 rpm shift vs 7200 shift. So you can toss around your fictional 6100 rpm peak and general run of thumb, all you want. Clearly the engine makes WAY more HP in the next gear when it is shifted at the highest RPM the OP is comfortable with on the stock short block.

Quote:
Again I don't race dynos...when I make changes I go out to a local spot and log some pulls and verify gains or losses with my performance page. I am pulling 6.8 0-100 on the street. What do you have on that since I apparently have no clue?
Me? I just mused that a large cam dyno where the operator could have lifted as early as 6350, should have been run longer.

Yawn, sorry I passed the bolt-on a supercharger stage years ago.

Quote:

For some reason you can not maintain composure in any form of debate and you start moving the goal post when somebody makes a valid point. Then you feel the need to keep piling on more useless rants. I see you edited your last post again. Perhaps you need to let it go.
No "goal post" were moved. You basically are wrong once again... nothing new.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 03-25-2020 at 01:11 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #61
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Lol I am assuming you are on some form of meds that cause these types of responses. Nowhere in my post references peak power only. I said the engine was pulled far enough past peak to see the power curve. It is already down on power by 6400rpm. With this setup it's likely not going to be any faster on any track spinning it higher then 67-6800rpm with this particular setup due to the stock IM.
Agreed. If it's already trending downwards at 6400 RPM then not even Jesus will be resurrecting that power curve, Easter or not.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #62
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
The lift was done like 6350 RPM, the "trend" down is 1% from 6100 to 6300, there are more than a few dynos done on the cam and it shows it holds power to 7000+ RPM. The dyno is used to show the power curve not peak power and even if the power fell off like a LEAD balloon, the engine is still making far more power at 7200 RPM vs 4100 RPM which is where it would be on a short shift to the next gear. Nowhere did I say or indicate that peak power would be had further up on the curve, the engine is still making good power when lifted. Now future blot ons to this 7200 RPM combination can't be measured because the dyno run was cut short.

So back to you, where did I say the curve would be resurrected? Right I did not.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #63
joe111599

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Currently have long tubes, E85, Intake and tune. adding the below. Let me know what you guys think!

-Circle D 8L90 Pro Series 2600 stall converter (1A)
-Trans Fluid
-PRC CNC LT1 Heads
-TSP Cam (vvt2)
-Chromoly Pushrod Set
-LS7 Lifters and trays
-Gaskets and Seals
-VVT 0* Phaser Limiter
-Timing chain guide
-DOD block off plugs
-PRC dual spring kit with titanium retainers
-CHE trunnion Kit
-Delco head gasket set
-ARP Head stud kit (bolts are back ordered)
-GM crank bolt
-C5R Timing chain
-Synthetic Oil with Filter
-Coolant
So you stayed with the LS7 lifters or did you go a different route? I went with the same cam (vvt-3 - should deliver Monday) and want to get some beefier lifters. But then I've never had any issues running the LS7's personally in the past. Stuck on which road to take.
joe111599 is offline   Reply With Quote