Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Bwramos

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Passenger Floorboard Leaking

I have a 2016 SS that, as of the last two car washes, has the passenger floor board ending up wet following the car wash. Most of the entire floor board ends up soaked. Any idea where this could be coming from?
Bwramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I believe I have read reports of windshield seals leaking.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Do you have a sunroof? If so, it's possible that one of the drains is clogged up.

If not, it could be a bad windshield seal. Has the windshield ever been replaced?
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:14 PM   #4
Bwramos

No sunroof. The windshield has never been replaced.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Could be just the ventilation system drain getting overwhelmed by the volume of water at the carwash, or it could be that the drain hole or holes are clogged.

Anyway, the location suggests that the water may be coming in through the HVAC fan air intake. The fan is on the passenger side and water from that source ends up on the floor.

This was a recurring problem for me in another GM car (not Camaro). The air box in front of the HVAC fan had to be cleaned out repeatedly. The solution was to stop parking under trees that dropped debris small enough to get through the HVA intake screens.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #6
Bwramos

Thanks for the quick responses. I feel like a blocked vent could be the culprit. Any references come to mind to begin assessing whether that is the issue? Is the easiest way to access the HVAC vent through the passenger interior?
Old 03-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #7
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwramos View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. I feel like a blocked vent could be the culprit. Any references come to mind to begin assessing whether that is the issue? Is the easiest way to access the HVAC vent through the passenger interior?
In most cars the vent can be seen by getting the car up on a lift and looking for a small rubber hose just in front of the passenger side footwell.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:16 PM   #8
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Is the cabin air filter soaking wet?
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:46 PM   #9
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Could be just the ventilation system drain getting overwhelmed by the volume of water at the carwash, or it could be that the drain hole or holes are clogged.

Anyway, the location suggests that the water may be coming in through the HVAC fan air intake. The fan is on the passenger side and water from that source ends up on the floor.

This was a recurring problem for me in another GM car (not Camaro). The air box in front of the HVAC fan had to be cleaned out repeatedly. The solution was to stop parking under trees that dropped debris small enough to get through the HVA intake screens.
^^^^^
My thoughts exactly...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:42 PM   #10
RCF

Drives: '17 2SS, NGM, MRC, DPP; '19 F150
Any update? Mine gets water in the passenger floorboard when I park by backing into my driveway (facing downhill) and get a hard rain. Never noticed it when parked facing uphill.