Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #29
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSloper View Post
One other note... if you disable COTS with the disable switch it will also prevent DoD from working. This is by design. So if you want DoD just change the factors to 1.00 and leave it enabled.
That's good info, it makes sense that they are tied together. I will just change the factors. The other cars I have done it on the people didn't care about DOD or were M7's. I happen to, I actually like it. I will adjust the tune I have ready to go in accordingly tonight.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #30
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
That's good info, it makes sense that they are tied together. I will just change the factors. The other cars I have done it on the people didn't care about DOD or were M7's. I happen to, I actually like it. I will adjust the tune I have ready to go in accordingly tonight.
Send me your tune if you want me to take a look at it.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #31
PRAY

Quote:
Send me your tune if you want me to take a look at it.
Cool. You want me to send it in EFI Live or try to pull it with HPT? I was thinking you could pull it on Saturday if you had time. I will try to do both tonight and email them over to you. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #32
PRAY

Michael.
I am not sure if my buddy ordered the wet or dry filter for me. Is there an expected power difference between the two and will I have to replace the dry filter eventually? I have only used wet filters for the last 20 years.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #33
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Cool. You want me to send it in EFI Live or try to pull it with HPT? I was thinking you could pull it on Saturday if you had time. I will try to do both tonight and email them over to you. Thanks.
HPT would be preferred. Much easier to do comparisons. One thing you might want to do before getting on the dyno is knocking out any KR in the high octane table. Make sure to log the knock learn factor so you don't mistakenly think things are clean when it has in fact already shifted towards the low octane table.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #34
PRAY

Quote:
HPT would be preferred. Much easier to do comparisons. One thing you might want to do before getting on the dyno is knocking out any KR in the high octane table. Make sure to log the knock learn factor so you don't mistakenly think things are clean when it has in fact already shifted towards the low octane table.
Tracking. I was going to address the knock on the dyno from the stock tune to mine to see what the tune is worth on the stock car. Then start the mods and subsequent tunes are worth.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #35
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
I've read TSloper's write up on the Roto-Fab CAI, and I thank you.

Has there not been any true independent testing done of it yet. By independent, I mean someone who is also not selling them...

'16 1SS 6M, black with jet black interior, split spoke gray machined faced wheels, and black front/rear bowtie emblems.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #36
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I've read TSloper's write up on the Roto-Fab CAI, and I thank you.

Has there not been any true independent testing done of it yet. By independent, I mean someone who is also not selling them...
Your concern is valid, but remember the lack of tuners' stock vs. CAI dynos for competing systems. They didn't fabricate numbers for our competitors, and they wouldn't for us. With that said, everyone is looking forward to more testing of the Roto-fab CAI.

Thanks for your interest!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 AM   #37
PRAY

Not that I vend Roto-fab or will, I had actually never heard of them before I bought this car, but they seem to have the best product out there so far. I have made all of my own CAI's over the last 10 years or so and have done the same for friends. I had the same plan for this car when I got it. But after looking at the stock system and researching the site it appeared I would cause more harm then good doing one of my own. So I waited like everyone else until a credible product came out with some testing behind it.

I don't think you are going to see much independent testing because I think we can all agree that this is probably a 10rwhp gain average part. In addition to that it has been proven that a tune is not really needed by respected company's and forum members that were critical of any CAI to begin with. Dyno time is also expensive and most are unwilling to void their warrantee with a tune so the likelihood of someone spending the money on just seeing if they got 10rw probably won't happen much. Most of the time people will add a few mods before they head to the dyno to make the time and money spent worth it.

I would also put more credence into vendor testing than individual testing since they usually do it more and have more to lose. If a vendor says a product works and it proves to not then they not only run the risk of losing the business of that one product but their credibility and the credibility of all the products they sell. It is a lose-lose situation for them.

With all that being said, I will be testing mine since I am in a unique situation and have good access to dyno's and my own agenda as to why I test every part if at all possible. I will post up when I get my numbers.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #38
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
I know Sledge just posted a video yesterday on his YouTube channel and said the CAI dyno test and comparison is coming soon. He said he used a couple different dyno's to back up the tests for each. Also found one that would allow him to test in 6th gear. Can't wait to see the results!!

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #39
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Michael.
I am not sure if my buddy ordered the wet or dry filter for me. Is there an expected power difference between the two and will I have to replace the dry filter eventually? I have only used wet filters for the last 20 years.
PRAY,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Both the oiled and dry filters, with proper maintenance, are made to last the live of the car. In terms of horsepower, the performance of the two options is very comparable.

My personal opinion: I like the looks, ease of maintenance, and performance of the dry filter. But everyone has their own preference, which is why we offer both options!

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns, I'd be glad to help!

Michael
Old 10-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #40
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
PRAY,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. Both the oiled and dry filters, with proper maintenance, are made to last the live of the car. In terms of horsepower, the performance of the two options is very comparable.

My personal opinion: I like the looks, ease of maintenance, and performance of the dry filter. But everyone has their own preference, which is why we offer both options!

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns, I'd be glad to help!

Michael
Thanks. I just sent my guy a link and told him I needed what was in the pic. There wasn't a drop down to specify which so not sure which one is actually on the way. NBD either way. Doesn't really matter to me. Just wanted to make sure I got the maintenance part correct.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #41
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Thanks. I just sent my guy a link and told him I needed what was in the pic. There wasn't a drop down to specify which so not sure which one is actually on the way. NBD either way. Doesn't really matter to me. Just wanted to make sure I got the maintenance part correct.
PRAY,

I look forward to some pictures of the installed system! Will you be going with the etched or red Roto-fab logo?

Thanks again for working with us, Let me know if you have any questions during the install.

Michael
Old 10-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #42
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
PRAY,

I look forward to some pictures of the installed system! Will you be going with the etched or red Roto-fab logo?

Thanks again for working with us, Let me know if you have any questions during the install.

Michael
I have no idea which one was ordered. lol. I will let you know when I get it along with the dyno gains and track times.