Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-15-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
Tpeeler31

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
P069E + P018B with ZL1 Pump and MSD BAP

Hey guys, I’m doing some research as I’m having issues with my MSD BAP and ZL1 fuel pump playing nice. These were installed by a local shop on my 2011 L99 during a procharger install. The car runs and drives perfectly fine and logged high fuel psi with HP tuners. I couldn’t tell you the exact numbers as I can’t remember exactly what my tuner logged. My AFR gauge is not lean at WOT so I do believe fueling is adequate. I have an ADM FPCM on the way and my MAF fuse is good as previous threads have pointed to that as a culprit.

In short, has anyone had a similar situation with the MSD BAP and ZL1 fuel pump setting these codes? If so how did you fix it? Any practical advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Tpeeler31; 05-15-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Tpeeler31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
You probably wont find much help on this topic. I have been here before and searched and found squat.

I will give you my personal opinion and a suggestion, you can take it or leave it.

First question: Is your FPCM tuned? The stock tune in the FPCM commands only 48psi at redline. If tuned, you can command 58psi, like the ZL1 camaro.

Second question: Is your fuel pressure "high" all the time, or just at WOT?

Third question: What is your actual fuel pressure?

Assuming your BAP was installed correctly, and is programmed correctly (JRE BAP) here is what I think happened. The Fuel pressure sensor saw too much of a difference between the commanded and actual fuel pressures, and your FPCM threw a code.

This could have happened because your FPCM isnt tuned, or because your BAP isnt setup correctly and possibly sent too much voltage.

I can tell you that I have both of those codes tuned out permanently... but before I did that, I logged my fuel pressure and checked that everything was good. My codes popped up when my MAF fuse blew, but I think that was a coincidence.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:19 PM   #3
Tpeeler31

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
You probably wont find much help on this topic. I have been here before and searched and found squat.

I will give you my personal opinion and a suggestion, you can take it or leave it.

First question: Is your FPCM tuned? The stock tune in the FPCM commands only 48psi at redline. If tuned, you can command 58psi, like the ZL1 camaro.

Second question: Is your fuel pressure "high" all the time, or just at WOT?

Third question: What is your actual fuel pressure?

Assuming your BAP was installed correctly, and is programmed correctly (JRE BAP) here is what I think happened. The Fuel pressure sensor saw too much of a difference between the commanded and actual fuel pressures, and your FPCM threw a code.

This could have happened because your FPCM isnt tuned, or because your BAP isnt setup correctly and possibly sent too much voltage.

I can tell you that I have both of those codes tuned out permanently... but before I did that, I logged my fuel pressure and checked that everything was good. My codes popped up when my MAF fuse blew, but I think that was a coincidence.
Hey man thanks for the reply. Those are great questions.

My tuner has said that he copied zl1 FPCM data into the FPCM so it is tuned although he told me he cannot get the codes to go away.

I do question if the BAP was installed correctly because I simply don’t know. I have a schematic/wiring photo from Jannetty that I’ll show the guys at the shop. He did play with the voltage by raising it, testing, lowering, and testing yet the codes remained.

I believe fuel psi started off high all the time, but they were able to bring it down and then make it raise incrementally with RPM and boost as it should perhaps it is too high at WOT which is causing the discrepancy between commanded and actual fuel psi. I do not have an exact number for actual fuel psi off the top of my head.

I have an ADM FPCM waiting to go in and then I’ll re-assess. I personally think it’s the discrepancy like you mentioned between commanded and actual fuel psi. Thank you for your input!
Tpeeler31 is offline   Reply With Quote