Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #15
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
My Summit White w/ Black top sat outside on the dealer lot for about 9 months, through an entire New England winter, and there were no ill effects to the top. Sitting outside at the plant is 0% different than sitting outside in your driveway, and many people that own convertibles do not garage them.
If your car has summer tires, I'd be worried about their condition too. Temperatures under 40 degrees aren't good for these tires, and temperatures under 20 can cause cracks in the rubber. (Look especially in between the tread blocks.) After 9 months, I might be pushing the dealer for a lower price, especially since you're nearing one model year old - and the resulting depreciation hit based on time, not mileage.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:20 AM   #16
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
The 2021's will get delivered before the 2022's will. That means you will wait even longer for a 2022, AND you will lose the option for the blue top.

My Summit White w/ Black top sat outside on the dealer lot for about 9 months, through an entire New England winter, and there were no ill effects to the top. Sitting outside at the plant is 0% different than sitting outside in your driveway, and many people that own convertibles do not garage them.

I think the main issue here is the old saying of "what you don't know, won't hurt you". I would agree that I would not be fond of my ordered car sitting outside for months on end. I think it is more of thought of it that does the harm, more than any actual harm to the car. How many things have "happened" to our previously owned vehicles that we are unaware of?
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:25 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I think the main issue here is the old saying of "what you don't know, won't hurt you". I would agree that I would not be fond of my ordered car sitting outside for months on end. I think it is more of thought of it that does the harm, more than any actual harm to the car. How many things have "happened" to our previously owned vehicles that we are unaware of?
I can understand the lack of info on "what happened", but this isn't a previously owned car. It will be delivered with 100% factory warranty in tact and no miles. In some cases, it might actually be an -advantage- to have sat around as any time/weather-based issues that crop up on our cars would have an extra few months to go through without being driven for those items to start to become an issue. And you have a higher likelihood of being able to get them addressed while within warranty.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #18
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Sitting outside for long periods of time is never good for a car, unless your regular parking spot is in an underground garage that just flooded.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:52 AM   #19
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I'd wait, unless you take a gamble on the used car market. Slim pickings and high prices out there right now, so you might be better off waiting. Think your wait is long- I placed a reservation for a 2021 Bronco last July 13. (in 2020). With a reservation that early (I placed it the morning after the debut of them) I thought I'd have one this summer- WRONG. With all of the delays and shortages of parts I now have to wait until 2022 most likely. That's a long wait and I might actually abort..
Old 05-18-2021, 06:40 AM   #20
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would say cancel the order and order a 2022 or wait until the 2022s hit the dealership lots to see what’s available. You do what’s best for you!
Old 05-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #21
zaimer

Quote:
I can understand the lack of info on "what happened", but this isn't a previously owned car. It will be delivered with 100% factory warranty in tact and no miles. In some cases, it might actually be an -advantage- to have sat around as any time/weather-based issues that crop up on our cars would have an extra few months to go through without being driven for those items to start to become an issue. And you have a higher likelihood of being able to get them addressed while within warranty.
If you think that non-titled (new) vehicles don't see some sh*t, then I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. They are subject to bumps, bruises, and beatings just like the rest of them. Yes, you eliminate the possibility that the vehicle was neglected for thousands of miles (as there are little to no miles on the vehicle).
Old 05-18-2021, 08:28 AM   #22
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
If you think that non-titled (new) vehicles don't see some sh*t, then I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken. They are subject to bumps, bruises, and beatings just like the rest of them. Yes, you eliminate the possibility that the vehicle was neglected for thousands of miles (as there are little to no miles on the vehicle).
I'm well aware that there are a lot of things that can and do happen before the car is put on the dealer's lot, and before it's actually purchased. My point was that sitting in that parking lot without being driven doesn't change any of the "things" that could happen to it, but it does add TIME into the mix. Things that deteriorate with time would be impacted, but getting these corrected before the end of the warranty actually gets a little more likely.

ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #23
zaimer

Quote:
I'm well aware that there are a lot of things that can and do happen before the car is put on the dealer's lot, and before it's actually purchased. My point was that sitting in that parking lot without being driven doesn't change any of the "things" that could happen to it, but it does add TIME into the mix. Things that deteriorate with time would be impacted, but getting these corrected before the end of the warranty actually gets a little more likely.

It sure would be nice if our cars just showed up in our garage, safe & sound... immediately after signing the paperwork!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:33 AM   #24
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
https://www.thedrive.com/news/40570/...or-just-a-week
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote