Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #155
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Back to the EV topic. gm doesn't need four score EV models. I hope the low hip point EV is just a Taycan Vette. The price will fit better, called Corvette something.

There's probably more on-board interest in Europe. gm shouldn't let the German makes have access to more market size, including the US. They should go back into Europe with very premium dealerships.

Behind the Corvette and Escalade needing just a few BEV3 Cadillacs. And a few improved BEV2, small Buicks, even if the Buicks get assembled in Mexico. Mexico and Canada have EU free-trade, so I don't get the hoopla over the Lyric being put in the US over a Canada plant.

...And also in the US, a free half range Spark EV with every 6.2 purchase, until CAFE can be killed. This insanity has to crash, or be crashed.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #156
CodeCody

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Not a good enough reason. There's always been somebody faster than you, and this won't change that.

But it is a particularly tasty flavor of kool-aid for those who can't see past 0-60 times and such.

Norm
I said the, "common passenger vehicle". The whole someone somewhere being faster than you wasn't supposed to apply to a neighbors super EV camry.... I already think it's a given that if you still have 2016-2022 camaro in 2050, you kept it because you like it, not to keep up with the standard of fast. And sure, let's pretend acceleration performance is in no way a factor on why people enjoy sports cars on the street.
CodeCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #157

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I get my EV 0-whatever performance thrill every time I hit the pedal on my rented golf-cart. 0-60 will be the common denominator in performance for every EV made...street sports car to Amazon delivery vans....And that is where it will end....If that one feature is all the modern performance crowd needs to be won over to the EV performance market, then they are in for a big shock.

Ask your EV salesman if you can drive your EV to a track, go five or six sessions at peak performance, then drive home that same day....It won't happen. But hurry to be first in line on a red light close to home after a full charge and get your performance 0-60 once or twice before it drops to mediocre, and your performance creds will be etched in the record books...

The overall performance of Camaros and others like it cannot be matched for the longevity, reliability and price it takes to track your car and gauge the real repetitive performance.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:34 PM   #158
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
people crack me up. Sure who wouldn't love to have a 69 396 M21 sitting in their garage to take out occasionally and assault every nerve in your body. Once you are passed on the track by an electric car that has the feeling of being glued to the pavement pulling 1.2gs in the corners and the car can handle anything you throw at it you people will be lining up to buy electric cars. Sure people are still gonna love the feeling of tracking and dragging the old combustion engines of the past but electric is the future. And by the way i am 60 and can't wait to see what's on the market in several years.
Can't wait to put a cam and headers on my new electric car....
Old 04-28-2021, 05:45 PM   #159
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Can't wait to put a cam and headers on my new electric car....

If you don’t mind I’m going to make that my signature
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:47 PM   #160
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I get my EV 0-whatever performance thrill every time I hit the pedal on my rented golf-cart. 0-60 will be the common denominator in performance for every EV made...street sports car to Amazon delivery vans....And that is where it will end....If that one feature is all the modern performance crowd needs to be won over to the EV performance market, then they are in for a big shock.

Ask your EV salesman if you can drive your EV to a track, go five or six sessions at peak performance, then drive home that same day....It won't happen. But hurry to be first in line on a red light close to home after a full charge and get your performance 0-60 once or twice before it drops to mediocre, and your performance creds will be etched in the record books...

The overall performance of Camaros and others like it cannot be matched for the longevity, reliability and price it takes to track your car and gauge the real repetitive performance.
Not to mention you can bring extra tanks of gas with you to the track.

I’d like to see someone bring extra volts with them
Old 04-28-2021, 06:52 PM   #161
COKen

Drives: '21 Camao SS, BMW 435i, M Roadster
I was talking with a Tesla owner at an autocross and he told me that on our course, which was just short of half a mile, his car was telling him that his miles to empty was dropping by over 6 miles on each run. I can't even guess how much it would drop on a longer race track on each lap.
COKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #162
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
We've established a long time ago he's not quite in the right place for him here.

It's like going to a Rolling Stones concert and saying "man, Keith Richards isn't quite the best guitar player for this band"
Haha..got it.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:40 PM   #163
Modernmusclecar

This is what drag racing will loik like when we go full electric lol.
https://youtu.be/mzDVNzc788o
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:05 AM   #164
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
This is what drag racing will loik like when we go full electric lol.
https://youtu.be/mzDVNzc788o
I already knew you were going to pull this up, lol.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:12 AM   #165
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
I already knew you were going to pull this up, lol.
I was just pricing them online haha. Looks like roughly $450 will get you a race ready car right out of the box.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:02 AM   #166
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Not to mention you can bring extra tanks of gas with you to the track.

I’d like to see someone bring extra volts with them
Also, if the city runs out of power or you lose all of your battery on the road, there is no easy way out.

Great drawback for future horror movies though.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:03 AM   #167
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
I was just pricing them online haha. Looks like roughly $450 will get you a race ready car right out of the box.
I remember looking at the Traxxas xo-1 some years back.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #168
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

This really reminds me of Back To The Future III which took place in 1885. Where the indians arrow hits the DeLorean's fuel line and Marty pulls the arrow out and rips the fuel line thinking "no problem, the car runs on Mr. Fusion".

But Doc explains that Mr. Fusion only powers the time circuits, that you still have to get it up to 88 mph and that is still done with the good old Puegeot/Renault/Volvo 2.8L V6 that runs on gasoline and it always has. There wouldn't be a gas station in the area until sometime in the next century.

Without gas, there's no way to get the car up to 88 mph!