Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 11-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #15
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #16
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
If you have the time to explain: What's the difference between what they did (I suppose a 'quick' relearn), and a proper relearn? They did drive my car for 14km (~10 miles) in total.
There is no "quick" learn procedure on the 8 speed. That is to say, once the trans is put in a learn mode it must be driven in a certain way to learn each clutch and clutch return spring. Highly unlikely that was done in just 10 miles.

If your issue is truly a TCC shudder there are several bulletins that give the technician instructions on how to identify and correct - which includes flushing the trans or contacting an engineer.

The technician has to be committed to spending the time with the car to identify and correct the issues.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #17
Cameron27

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:10 PM   #18
HCGxKaLiBeR

Drives: 2018 Audi S4/2016 Carmaro 2SS
Quote:
I drove the car a bit today and yesterday, still clumsy on upshifts, and still terrible on downshifts if not on the throttle. Oddly when I had the weight of a passenger (my dad), the transmission acted smoother.
same here lol. I brought my car to the dealer twice for this issue. One with the service adviser, one with the tech. As soon as either one of them sit in my car the car shifts normal.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:28 PM   #19
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
The results: The car wasn't fixed. Some improvements though.

What was done:
(1) A reprogram + they drove the car. Confirmed my software was all up to date already.
(2) First oil change
(3) Service tech checked a new V6 Camaro and confirmed my P/R/N/D shifting issue does not happen in the new model on their lot.

What is better:
(1) The car shifts better overall. Big improvement from 3-4-5 upshifts, small improvement from 1-2-3 upshifts, small improvement from 5-4-3-2 downshifts.

What is still wrong:
(1) The car still hiccups/jerks from 1-2, but not as much. Now the shake is half as bad, but quicker. Other gears seem to go smoothly. Gearing down is improved slightly, but gearing down 4-3 is still mediocre, and 3-2 is still quite poor. Gear 2 is the biggest problem in this vehicle.
(2) If I stay at 1000 rpm in gear 4, I still get V4 mode shake, but I didn't address this with the tech.

What was not done:
(1) They didn't flush the transmission fluid at all.
(2) They didn't really know what to do, and said the transmission is fixed (which it's not, it's just better -- now the issue is almost solely isolated to around gear 2). I waited over a week for my appointment, now I have to wait another 10 days for the next. Would like to just keep my car there until it's fixed.

What will be getting done:
(1) Appointment in 10 days. They say the transmission isn't the issue, and that something else is going on to make the car shake when switching between P/R/N/D. I'll be letting them know that shifting into and out of gear 2 is still presenting issues, and shifting down to gear 3 is still so-so as well. I still want the transmission fixed, shouldn't be feeling my gear 1-2 shifts, and shouldn't feel like never gearing down from 3-2 for fear of damaging the vehicle...
I've still got mine in the shop. I was contacted by the service adviser today saying that the only thing left was to have the drive line team look at it for the transmission issues. Seems the others were taken care of, so I have high hopes for this one. I will report back with the info I gather.
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #20
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_blue_2ss_camaro View Post
I've still got mine in the shop. I was contacted by the service adviser today saying that the only thing left was to have the drive line team look at it for the transmission issues. Seems the others were taken care of, so I have high hopes for this one. I will report back with the info I gather.
Well, I got in contact with my service adviser just a few minutes ago. They said they couldn't hear the noise for the suspension... Not very high hopes since he said he heard it when I dropped it off last Friday. Either he wasn't listening to it, or he forgot he said he heard it. I've asked that I be able to demonstrate when they say the car is ready with a new one on the lot beside it. I also sent a video clip I captured where you can clearly hear the noise when the wheel is turned and turned back. Like I said not very high hopes. Also, Onstar is a good little tattle tail with Smart Driver activated. I've seen 12 hard accelerations posted on my trips since theyve had it... I also activated teen driver to log any WOT the porters may do, and you better believe I'm taking it higher in the dealership. We will see what they say. Still one more day at least to get it into the driveline department they said... Will update again later.
hyper_blue_2ss_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #21
Cameron27

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #22
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Scares me hearing about that. I’ve found rubber bits in my wheel wells, but I don’t think it’s from my current service dealer (likely there from before I got the car). But I can’t pick and choose which tech drives my car, so I do worry.

They just phoned to put my appointment off by another four days. That brings the total waiting time to approx 25 days to get my car fixed. First appointment was pointless, they sent me off with my car to make a new appointment, and now second one is out off.

I’ll have to phone GM again today to get an update. A full month is UNACCEPTABLE to get important warranty service STARTED. My warranty is only 3 years and they have only fixed one issue out of many that I’ve brought it in for, in the past 2 months. If it takes 2 months per issue I’ll be going in and out of service for a full 3 years...
You are almost in lemon law territory. Maybe time to bring it up with the dealer.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #23
Cameron27

Old 11-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #24
Cameron27

Old 11-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #25
Cameron27

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #26
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
They denied there’s any problems on this visit, and told me no service will be done. Not even a transmission fluid flush, despite a TSB existing. They also didn't check for the thunking between park/neutral/drive/reverse, it wasn't put on their list of items, second appointment trying to get them to deal with that.

Last appointment they told me they confirmed the problems and attempted to fix them. Then the tech also confirmed my transmission clunks between park/etc.

I’ll be escalating, and I’ve already made an appointment with a third party technician. Two wasted appointments. 26 days since I booked my first appointment, I’m nearly a month in.
I would definitely try another dealership. I just got mine back from the dealership yesterday and they did the triple flush and installed a new filter. They told me to test it for 200 miles and come back if it starts again
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote