#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-04-2021, 06:58 AM   #1
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
NY/NJ GM Performance Shops

Wanted to get a thread going about reputable local shops that you all use and trust. It's been a while since I had any work done by a performance shop. With my 4th gen f-bodies and my 5th gen, I've gone to shops that include Vette Doctors, Cartek and East Coast Supercharging. Not sure if these guys are all still around. I've gone up to CT before to visit Jannetty as well. Have had good experience with all these places, but this is going back ~10 years now.

Who are the go to shops in the area?
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #2
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
for a gen v based vehicle, I wouldn't take it to anyone EFX, in NJ.

They do a lot of impressive builds..... one of which is Jim Duffy's car (snowblind on here), which held the bolt on record for the longest time and has one of the fastest n/a stock bottom end cars currently.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
LiqTenExp

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Tune Time Performance in Lakewood, NJ has worked out well for my car. They have a lot of bays/lifts (arm and drive on), mustang dyno, 5 axis cnc, additive manufacturing, etc. They definitely special in GM, Mopar, and Ford but pretty much work on anything. https://tunetimeperformance.com/
Old 06-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #4
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
Tune Time Performance in Lakewood, NJ has worked out well for my car. They have a lot of bays/lifts (arm and drive on), mustang dyno, 5 axis cnc, additive manufacturing, etc. They definitely special in GM, Mopar, and Ford but pretty much work on anything. https://tunetimeperformance.com/

I wouldn't bring grandmas toyota corolla to this place after the disaster they did to my car.

CSP in west chester PA, and my buddy Ron from here with the white ZL1 gets his work done at JTM in long island and has a 9s ZL1 and says they also do very good work.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90

Last edited by Camaro1973; 06-04-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #5
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I know Ted Janetty is not technically in the NJ area but I have NEVER heard anything bad about them. If I decide to do anything to my car, it will most likely be his shop.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #6
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
I spoke to CSP, RPM, and EFX when choosing a shop. Ultimately went with CSP and have a long wait in line, but based on the convos I had with EFX and RPM I doubt you could go wrong with either.

RPM does killer work but they were a bit too deep for my pockets. They come across rough around the edges through email when you first contact them, but when you actually talk to them on the phone they’re all nice guys.

EFX couldn’t do a cam with the stock converter so I didn’t go with them, they said the ones they offered were too aggressive. Converter and install would’ve ate up all my money for heads. Forgot the guy’s name but the shop manager was super helpful. He spent 30+ minutes on the phone answering all my stupid questions and we BS’d about random things for a couple minutes.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
Wanted to get a thread going about reputable local shops that you all use and trust. It's been a while since I had any work done by a performance shop. With my 4th gen f-bodies and my 5th gen, I've gone to shops that include Vette Doctors, Cartek and East Coast Supercharging. Not sure if these guys are all still around. I've gone up to CT before to visit Jannetty as well. Have had good experience with all these places, but this is going back ~10 years now.

Who are the go to shops in the area?
Congrats on the New ZLE I have an 18.

You are welcome back any time.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #8
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Congrats on the New ZLE I have an 18.

You are welcome back any time.

Ted.
Thanks, Ted. We actually chatted last week I was inquiring about motor swap for a GM B-body wagon. Very insightful conversation and I'll be going a different direction for my daily driver.

Would love to sync up for an HPDE event with our ZLEs soon
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #9
RDBill
902HP 858TQ

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Race Proven Motorsports! Hands down!

https://raceprovenmotorsports.net/
RDBill is offline   Reply With Quote