Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #29
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I'm in Naples Fl and can be at the beach in 15 Min. any day that I want. Its GREAT!!! Lots of REALLY nice cars down here as well.
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #30
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
If you think pollen is bad, try mesquite needles/leaves...

They get stuck in every crack and crevice.
Then come the seed pods! These vile rejects of nature can't be blown, swept, or dealt with in your gravel any other way than picking them up by hand.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to vacuum the acacia leaves out of the drainage channels on my Ford....
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:31 PM   #31
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
If you do this, be sure to use an inline filter. The inside of an air compressor will rust due to the water in the air. If you use an air compressor on your car paint, you will be effectively sandblasting it.

Detailers don't use air compressors to blow water out of recessed areas, they use electric blow dryers/leaf blowers.

EDIT: I will use an air compressor to blow water out of a just washed engine.
Let's not throw this big of a blanket on things, Kirk. Tons of detailers use shop air for multiple purposes. It's the very thing that powers the Tornador, which is used widely by many detailers in many different countries.

Just filter the air, and they all have a drain on the bottom for when you're done.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #32
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Let's not throw this big of a blanket on things, Kirk. Tons of detailers use shop air for multiple purposes. It's the very thing that powers the Tornador, which is used widely by many detailers in many different countries.

Just filter the air, and they all have a drain on the bottom for when you're done.
@KirkH is right with this... When you compress the air into the tank, and then allow it back out, it creates moisture inside of the tank. Over time, the steel of the tank WILL corrode/rust and that debris can actually get picked up by the outgoing air and end up acting like a sandblasting rig. The use of an inline filter on the air hose allows that debris to get trapped BEFORE it hits the paint.

It doesn't matter if you fully decompress the air tank and open the drain valve after every single use - the corrosion will still happen, it just takes longer.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:55 PM   #33
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
It’s 24 Below out right now with a decent amount of snow.

I’d take pollen over that, hands down.
You can keep that.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #34
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Where i work the Pollen is so bad. Car turns green everyday. Most of you guys got months to go, but since we don't have winters anymore it starts sooner and sooner here.
I am going top guess the pollen is a lot better today Especially near raymond james stadium
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #35
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
@KirkH is right with this... When you compress the air into the tank, and then allow it back out, it creates moisture inside of the tank. Over time, the steel of the tank WILL corrode/rust and that debris can actually get picked up by the outgoing air and end up acting like a sandblasting rig. The use of an inline filter on the air hose allows that debris to get trapped BEFORE it hits the paint.

It doesn't matter if you fully decompress the air tank and open the drain valve after every single use - the corrosion will still happen, it just takes longer.
So to summarize, what you're saying is that compressing air does have a byproduct of moisture. This is absolutely correct and I agree. Science n all that.

Then you're saying it will corrode the metal inside of the tank, I also completely agree with this. I mentioned using a filter to keep this from impacting you where it matters, you suggested the same thing will also work. We agree here as well.

I suggested draining the compressor after use, at no point did I suggest that this will combat simple science. This along with an inline filter will resolve the issues mentioned.

So... we agree.

My point was that we can't blanket this... top detailers globally use shop air to blow out interiors, exteriors, use tornadors etc. That is also actually true.

There is literally nothing for us to disagree upon here, it seems.