Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 AM   #15
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Well no BOOM yet so i guess the valves are ok. I miss the small trucks. My dream would be a factory made S10 reg cab Xtreme with the LT1. I would pay big money for such a truck if it was made today. I really miss having a truck, but hate full size trucks. I would take the S10 over a Vette or any car if i had a choice.
I'm with you on the small trucks. The S10's, Rangers and Tacomas of yesteryear. Even those trucks today are "mid" size. The full size trucks are HUGE today. I have a Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 and got it for a steal but it's a behemoth. My GF has a beautiful 2013 Silverado- REGULAR CAB SHORT BED- with a 4.8 V8. Man that truck is fast. Try and find a regular cab short bed truck- and with a V8- they are gone from production too.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #16
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I'm with you on the small trucks. The S10's, Rangers and Tacomas of yesteryear. Even those trucks today are "mid" size. The full size trucks are HUGE today. I have a Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 and got it for a steal but it's a behemoth. My GF has a beautiful 2013 Silverado- REGULAR CAB SHORT BED- with a 4.8 V8. Man that truck is fast. Try and find a regular cab short bed truck- and with a V8- they are gone from production too.
I am done with trucks until they make a small truck again. Not sure why Chevy never did offer up a S10 SS version with at least a 5.3 back in the day.

I had two Lightnings a 99 and 03 but could never get used to the size. And they are small compared to the tanks made today.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:32 AM   #17
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Hopefully this spring I’ll be helping a buddy get his 08 Reg cab up & running (5.3L turbo). I can’t handle a reg cab, I have to be able to recline, at least a little bit.

Quote:
I am done with trucks until they make a small truck again. Not sure why Chevy never did offer up a S10 SS version with at least a 5.3 back in the day.

I had two Lightnings a 99 and 03 but could never get used to the size. And they are small compared to the tanks made today.
The best S10 sized vehicles were the Syclone & Typhoon. Always wanted a Typhoon, which led be me to do a 5.3L turbo in a Blazer. Never doing that again.

Love these things. Absolute classics.
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #18
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Hopefully this spring I’ll be helping a buddy get his 08 Reg cab up & running (5.3L turbo). I can’t handle a reg cab, I have to be able to recline, at least a little bit.

The best S10 sized vehicles were the Syclone & Typhoon. Always wanted a Typhoon, which led be me to do a 5.3L turbo in a Blazer. Never doing that again.

Love these things. Absolute classics.
I would love to see them made again now. Just new tech and the LT1 and i am good to go bro. Kinda hard to fish out of a Vette or a Camaro and go get stuff at Home Depot.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 07:01 PM   #19
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
So far so good on my 2021 LT1 A10. Not one problem yet. Been doing some WOT burst and the car feels good. No shudder and no rear end warble like on my 2019 C7. Car just feels so much better than the C7 did. So some mods may come later this year.
Got 750 miles on my 2021 LT1, have done a few WOT 2-3 shifts at redline, car feels good, engine seems to have broke in good, no oil usage, will be doing 1st oil change at 1000 miles, 10 speed auto feels good, will be tuning in a few months to shut down afm, and do a AFM valve delete. do not like AFM or the converter lock up. Been driving in manual mode off and on, noticed that you need to down shift once while in Manual mode and no more afm or converter lock up. Did not order NPP, already did borla type s mufflers.... wow they sound good. Have a Hooker black heart mid pipe package that eliminates secondary cats, afm valves and crushed area under the axle, will be doing that soon. Have a solar TB on it already, opening up the front of OE air filter box under the air intake opening so it will draw air from the front along the wheel house under the rad support and removing all the ribs inside , doing that now. Looked at my engine production date, looks like day 260 which is sept 17th, my car was built 11/02, hope my valve spring worries are behind me. Have my LT2 intake, but am waiting on that, have a E85 sensor kit also, waiting on that also. Hopefully I will get everything installed over the next 3 months and set myself up with a dyno tune session with Ted at Jannetty Racing. Have a set of 2011 rear SS wheels to put my yet to be purchased drag radials to hook the car. Not going to worry about the warrantee, life is too short and I will be 72 in April. I still have a 2019 C7 GS manual, love that car and still do, no way this LT1 camaro will ever beat it. Had a 2015 base stingray manual car also, that car was great. Managed to squeak a 11.78 out of that car on the OE michelin pilot super sports and shifting my ass off LOL
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote