Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-12-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
ZL1 1LE Spec Handling Component Suspension Upgrade System

This kit includes front ride links & front handling links. For the mechanics out there, or for the DIY guy - does anyone know how many hours are required to install these guys?

The dealership seems to be quoting me ridiculous time for this. Something about having to drop the front cradle? Just doesn't seem right. I can see the rear being a little more involved as they need to re & re the knuckles.

any insight would be greatful.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:02 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I just installed a front stab' bar on the car, and nothing to me showed this would be a crazy amount of time to do. If you're having the upper strut mounts replaced, perhaps I could see an argument for that, but if you're having the rods done, I'm not positive.

I will add that I think you have to (R&I) the shear panel, which is probably less than an hour's book time, but otherwise, access shouldn't be bad any of these links. I don't know why a cradle has to be dropped. I had to drop the REAR cradle for the ZLE solid bushings. Maybe that's what they're talking about. That's probably an 8-hour job - maybe more. It took me about 15-20-hours to do that, but that time also included replacing all the arms with BMR-stuff, so that was a couple hour's worth of time, I imagine. I don't see that you'd have to drop the rear cradle for the knuckles though.

I haven't done much work on the front end though. I could be completely mistaken.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:54 AM   #3
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Did most of the front suspension and rear as well. Front should be able to be done in a day. Can't remember exactly how long it took me but I was taking my time. Just the front end links and tension bars should probably take 1/2 a day, my guess anyways. Didn't drop the front cradle either
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote