Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2022, 06:43 PM   #29
James Montigny
That guy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
That sucks :( I am glad to hear that you were not seriously hurt.

As others have pointed out, body damage isn't the big issue here. If the structure is compromised, they may have no choice but to total it. In most cases, you can scavenge aftermarket parts before they scrap it. The details in your policy will dictate what they do about lost/damaged aftermarket parts and what the cap is.
James Montigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:23 PM   #30
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Thanks for all the kind words. Yah, shoulder is sore. I went to er for records and have a slight tear in my shoulder. Talked to injury lawyer it's not worth it he said unless I'm still in pain next week. I kept bugging my insurance lady and tow yard, and somehow, I convinced them to tow the car to my house on my dime. Paid $150 and now car is in my garage. Spent 7 hours pulling everything I could off of it that I could replace with factory parts. Can't get the headers though too much work. Tow company out of pheonix 5 hours away is gonna pick it up tomorrow in the morning. I'm having an exhaust shop make me some sleeves to slide over the stock exhaust and muffler so I can finish that up hopefully before he gets here, then away she goes. I'm not gonna lie, had tears rolling down most of the day while pulling it apart. It's my dream car in that color, and there isn't another one in the country for sale in the same color, very sad. Sorry to sound like a baby, you guys are car people though, so I'm sure you get it. /fingers crossed everything works out. I appreciate each and everyone of you all, thankyou! If it gets totaled I'll throw the parts up here, but won't know for a week or so.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:07 PM   #31
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Spent 7 hours pulling everything I could off of it that I could replace with factory parts. Can't get the headers though too much work. Tow company out of pheonix 5 hours away is gonna pick it up tomorrow in the morning. I'm having an exhaust shop make me some sleeves to slide over the stock exhaust and muffler so I can finish that up hopefully before he gets here, then away she goes. I'm not gonna lie, had tears rolling down most of the day while pulling it apart. It's my dream car in that color, and there isn't another one in the country for sale in the same color, very sad. Sorry to sound like a baby, you guys are car people though, so I'm sure you get it. /fingers crossed everything works out. I appreciate each and everyone of you all, thankyou! If it gets totaled I'll throw the parts up here, but won't know for a week or so.
No need to excuse yourself, I can totally relate as this is such a special car, your paint color is even more rare than mine.

Back when I crashed mine, I didn't even have the heart to take pictures, let alone be around and work on the car in its sorry state. Nobody has seen her wrecked but me (and the police, insurance adjuster plus body shop mechanics, of course, but that doesn't count, heh).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:39 AM   #32
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Yah, shoulder is sore. I went to er for records and have a slight tear in my shoulder. Talked to injury lawyer it's not worth it he said unless I'm still in pain next week.
Uhh... is this based on something like her being uninsured???

You have a documented physical injury which (I assume) is temporally related to the accident. I am a doctor, and while I don't care for what injury lawyers typically try to pull off (which amounts to lying to laypeople), this sounds like a home run to me. And if you get an accident report showing she received a citation...
It also surprises me that her insurance company hasn't contacted you to feel you out. It is in their interest to get you settled and out of the way.
ctrlz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #33
Mark0Maro

Drives: Camaro
That totally sucks man. Cars can be repaired and replaced.

Glad to hear you weren’t badly injured.
Mark0Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #34
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Thanks for all the kind words. Yah, shoulder is sore. I went to er for records and have a slight tear in my shoulder. Talked to injury lawyer it's not worth it he said unless I'm still in pain next week. I kept bugging my insurance lady and tow yard, and somehow, I convinced them to tow the car to my house on my dime. Paid $150 and now car is in my garage. Spent 7 hours pulling everything I could off of it that I could replace with factory parts. Can't get the headers though too much work. Tow company out of pheonix 5 hours away is gonna pick it up tomorrow in the morning. I'm having an exhaust shop make me some sleeves to slide over the stock exhaust and muffler so I can finish that up hopefully before he gets here, then away she goes. I'm not gonna lie, had tears rolling down most of the day while pulling it apart. It's my dream car in that color, and there isn't another one in the country for sale in the same color, very sad. Sorry to sound like a baby, you guys are car people though, so I'm sure you get it. /fingers crossed everything works out. I appreciate each and everyone of you all, thankyou! If it gets totaled I'll throw the parts up here, but won't know for a week or so.

I would probably have tears of anger, especially knowing what's to come because of the idiocy of one person. I hate people in general for such reasons. I figure the amount of inattentive drivers out there just keeps increasing. Be careful out there everyone.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #35
Motor Fast

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I figure the amount of inattentive drivers out there just keeps increasing.
Yep, so many people just looking at their phone.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:51 PM   #36
v8fanboy

Drives: 2018 HotWheels 2SS 6 Speed Manual
Feel sorry for your loss and I went through a far more fatal experience where I was hit head on at 60mph. My car was totaled and the guy who hit me was uninsured...PM me for next steps if you are planning on getting an injury attorney.
v8fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:03 PM   #37
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by armycop71 View Post
I really don't know how someone couldn't see a car that bright... SMH
There's idiots like this all around us on the road. You'd have to be insane to ride a motorcycle nowadays.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:23 PM   #38
Edward Paul

Drives: LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden45 View Post
There's idiots like this all around us on the road. You'd have to be insane to ride a motorcycle nowadays.
I ride, I just don't get out when traffic is heavy.
Edward Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:36 PM   #39
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I finally got an update on my claim. They're offering $40.7 after $500 deductible. On their list I don't see magnetic ride suspension, npp, nav etc so trying to see if I can get a little more.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:45 PM   #40
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Gotta get them to recognize those options. They’re not cheap.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:50 PM   #41
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
Quote:
I finally got an update on my claim. They're offering $40.7 after $500 deductible. On their list I don't see magnetic ride suspension, npp, nav etc so trying to see if I can get a little more.
Find similar cars around you. That sounds too low right? Do your research, send them listings of similar cars around you. If your insurance company is worth their salt, they should be doing their best to get you the absolute max value for your car.

I also find it weird why your deductible is triggering? Here in CA, that doesn't trigger if it's the other persons fault. Underinsured/Uninsured, I don't think I'd have to pay deductible on that either.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:35 PM   #42
JoeTX

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Quote:
don't settle for less, insurance companies are not your friends even if they feel like it. get every penny you can out of them and tell them you want your $500 back ASAP.
Glad that you are okay and nothing happened to you or anyone else.
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote