AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2021, 04:53 AM   #1
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
My best session from first ever track day - Watkins Glen

Best session: http://youtu.be/Q3HqAMPT8sQ

Best lap: http://youtu.be/EjqT3ADQt5o

This was my first time doing a track event. It was a drivers education event with the Porsche club ( PCA Potomac). I've never done a track event before, but I had an awesome instructor who really pushed me. Hard to get a clean lap in the green group given all of the traffic, but on day 3 I got a couple of clean runs during my last session.

2:12.46 was my best time. There is more in the car which will hopefully come with experience, but I had a blast. Some of the most fun I've ever had.

As I was learning through the weekend, some corners I picked up quickly while others I struggled to figure out when to brake, when to turn in, etc. But for the lap above everything kind of clicked and it was a good run that felt amazing.

Car is stock besides Motul RBF 660 and track alignment.

I'm going to get another set of Supercup 3R tires. I also will do new brake pads. Any recommendations for an upgrade from the OEM pads? The car is also driven on the street, but only about 2k miles per year. I plan to do more track events -- I'm hooked.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
dsheffer46

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice job man! Keep learning and be patient, the time will reflect it.

For brake pads, there's a lot of information on track day pads in the forums. I use Powerstop Track Day pads and I love them! LOT's of bite, little to no fade.

https://www.powerstop.com/product/po...01LE%20package

Good luck and keep having fun!
dsheffer46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Awesome