Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
thinkingcamaro

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro 2SS
What's included with purchase?

Picked up my 2017 Camaro SS today and I'm supposed to go back on Monday for them to give me some "things" that we didn't have time for today. My question is, what are those things?

The Maroney sticker shows the 6 piston front brake kit ($3,175) and the LPO wheels ($1,995). Looks like I'm supposed to get the original wheels? Somehow I have a feeling that's going to be a pain if so. Anything else? Nothing came with it other than the manuals.
thinkingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2020 Convertible 2SS Red Hot
You should get the original wheels and any other partsthat were replaced at the dealer. I added black bow ties, red knee pads, and redline black wheels which were all installed by the dealer. I received gold bow ties, black knee pads and silver stock rims (original parts) from the dealer.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Good times!!
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
You get your OEM wheels and Brembos back. Do not leave without them. You paid foe 2 sets of rims and 2 sets of Brembos.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:20 AM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
thats great my dealer says no you dont get the original wheels
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:36 AM   #6
Yummyutoo

Drives: 2017 2SS camaro convertible
Depends on if the dealer placed the order as an LPO item or just an upgrade for $200 on the rims. If u paid $2000 then they arr legally obligated to give u the second set. I just picked mine up today & they tried to pull the same shady shit by saying that they ordered the upgrade not the LPO and still charged me $2000 over the agreed price. Luckily the service manager intervened and remedied the situation. On all of other items u should get them back and if the dealer says otherwise threathen to sue them. Just my 2 cents. Goodluck.
Yummyutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:56 AM   #7
JCunningham

no its lpo i paid $1995 for them
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 04-30-2017, 01:40 AM   #8
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
thats great my dealer says no you dont get the original wheels
The dealer is wrong if the customer did the optional LPO wheels or any other optional LPO items that require an item to be removed from the car and replaced with an item the customer had to buy.

As said, if you are talking about going from silver wheels and paying $200 for the nicer split spoke wheels, then no you don't get the extra wheels as that change was made at the plant and not the dealer.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:43 AM   #9
TJay74

Quote:
no its lpo i paid $1995 for them

And just for ammo to help you out, it even says on the GM website that the wheels you bought are an extra set in addition to the ones that come on the vehicle.

I would tell your dealer in person in front of the general manager and or the service manager, they either need to give you your wheels or else you will open a case with GM customer care or the executive offices that they are not giving you what is owed to you by GM.

I can promise you, once GM gets involved they will change their tune/decision. Remind them that you will also be getting a new car survey from GM and the wrong decision they make will result in a failing new car survey being sent back to GM.

Those surveys hit the dealers hard.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:53 AM   #10
JCunningham

i havent got the 1st survey yet i dont think. is it sent to you in the mail or email. I did get a emailed survey the day after I bought the car but I thought it was one of those online 5 star type surveys. Not from GM. I did not custom order the car they did for stock. They have had it sense July 2016. I bet the wheels are long gone.
The wheels are LPO 56H(red stripe) and 56S(standered)and I had to pay $1995+ tax for them. They are the red line wheels. They were dealer installed and they never set the TPMS. I did it.
They just sold my 12 Camaro for $5k over what they paid for it. + they did $1500 damage to the paint letting it sit out side and a kid who had no idea what he was doing when he installed the black bow ties and detailed it. They are repainting my hood and trunk lid.
Attached Images

Last edited by JCunningham; 04-30-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:17 AM   #11
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
And just for ammo to help you out, it even says on the GM website that the wheels you bought are an extra set in addition to the ones that come on the vehicle.
were do you see that. i did see that adding the red stripe wheels does not uncheck the stranded wheels.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:36 AM   #12
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
Quote:
were do you see that. i did see that adding the red stripe wheels does not uncheck the stranded wheels.
You paid $2K for an entirely new set of wheels, Those red line stripe wheels were shipped separately from the car and installed by the dealer as the car was shipped to them with the base silver 5 spoke 20s. So if they didn't give away or sell the original wheels they are sitting somewhere and if they did, then they owe you a new set of wheels.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ght=lpo+wheels

As for trunk stuff, you get some brake cooling metal thingies that are supposed to be installed if you decide to track your car to keep it from getting brake fade, a front license plate bracket if it's not installed already and a funnel for the gas tank.
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:47 AM   #13
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Just ask Becky she will tell you you get your factory wheels. Plus the LPO wheels you paid for.

If you have to open a case with GM.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #14
TJay74

Exactly, look at it this way. When the car is built $xxx amount of the vehicles price is for the included base 20" SS wheels. When you add the LPO Redline wheels you paid $2k for those wheels extra.

If you go off of the dealer mindset then you are paying the $xxx base price along with and on top of the $2k for the Redline wheels.

That is not the way GM has the LPO wheel program setup to work.