Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #15
OUGrad05

Drives: BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
People waiting to see if/when the Camaro refresh comes out?
No, let's be honest the Camaro isn't the greatest daily driver, especially when people make decisions based on 30 minute test drives.

If I were in pursuit of a DD I'd probably go Mustang in this class of car. Chevy needs to rework the Camaro so that visibility is better and interior quality isn't so bad if they expect to win over customers searching other brands for sporty DDs. Right now I suspect primary customers are Camaro enthusiasts/GM loyalists and folks who simply think the Camaro looks better.

Those buying it for its track prowess are probably a few percent of total sales.
OUGrad05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Charts attached. Updated the chart and manipulated everything and then closed without saving. It's one of those days.
Attached Images

1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #17

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
Charts attached. Updated the chart and manipulated everything and then closed without saving. It's one of those days.
Looks great...Well, you can take a break for a while...Sales numbers won't be out again until July....quarterly from now on instead of monthly....lol..
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #18
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The Camaro has been on a downward trend since it came back. At this rate, I don’t expect it to be around much longer.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #19
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Camaro has been on a downward trend since it came back. At this rate, I don’t expect it to be around much longer.
The last 5 months of sales have been the worst since before it was cancelled.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #20
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i think chrysler should bring back the lebaron and put a hemi in it. their fans would love it.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #21
OUGrad05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Correct, I'm telling you GM has a niche for repeating past mistakes. While this car is significantly better AND an all-star on the track, all cars are significantly better and GM is repeating some of the classic mistakes of prior generations.

I suspect they'll do one more redesign (hopefully a throw back to the third gen) and if sales still stink on ice it'll be cancelled after 7th generation...maybe for good.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #22
m666etal

Drives: Civic
The Gen 6 is a great Camaro. I owned a 2SS for less than a year. What made me sell it was me having a baby on the way and although I could get the car seat in, I just couldn't get the stroller in and I just decided this will be too much of a pain to do on a regular basis. I am a car enthusiast and i like to experience the fun with my family and not alone. So it was important that I can still use the Car without any headaches even with a baby in it.

Mustang
Fast forward last December I test drove a used mustang gt and the first test i did was getting the stroller in and due to the wide opening my son's things fit in perfectly. Also during the test drive it felt more roomy inside the mustang and better visibility. As for power the 435 hp felt good enough and the custom roush exhaust on it sounded better than the Camaro NPP exhaust (my opinion)

Challenger
The challenger is definitely the best in terms of a DD and having to haul people and storage. But I am just not a fan of the challenger.

Last edited by m666etal; 04-03-2018 at 10:54 AM.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #23
OUGrad05

Quote:
Originally Posted by m666etal View Post
The Gen 6 is a great Camaro. I owned a 2SS for less than a month. What made me sell it was me having a baby on the way and although I could get the car seat in, I just couldn't get the stroller in and I just decided this will be too much of a pain to do on a regular basis. I am a car enthusiast and i like to experience the fun with my family and not alone. So it was important that I can still use the Car without any headaches even with a baby in it.

Mustang
Fast forward last December I test drove a used mustang gt and the first test i did was getting the stroller in and due to the wide opening my son's things fit in perfectly. Also during the test drive it felt more roomy inside the mustang and better visibility. As for power the 435 hp felt good enough and the custom roush exhaust on it sounded better than the Camaro NPP exhaust (my opinion)

Challenger
The challenger is definitely the best in terms of a DD and having to haul people and storage. But I am just not a fan of the challenger.
The Challenger has Chrysler build quality and long-term "reliability" or lack thereof. You made the right choice for a DD sir.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:23 AM   #24
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by m666etal View Post
The Gen 6 is a great Camaro. I owned a 2SS for less than a month. What made me sell it was me having a baby on the way and although I could get the car seat in, I just couldn't get the stroller in and I just decided this will be too much of a pain to do on a regular basis. I am a car enthusiast and i like to experience the fun with my family and not alone. So it was important that I can still use the Car without any headaches even with a baby in it.

Mustang

Challenger
People seem to fail to realize this. Most buyers, yes even those looking at Pony cars, care about more than just performance. The amount of people who buy these only for track days is a fraction of a percentile.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #25
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
anyone else that registered last month and has a crystal ball?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #26
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Gen 7 Camaro, 70% of not happening?????
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
7th gen is happening.. The sales are not that bad.

7th gen sales will be higher than 6th gen. More people who still have 5th gen will be ready for an upgrade.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #28
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
7th gen is happening.. The sales are not that bad.
This the numbers are not great but they are not panic inducing
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote