Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-06-2021, 11:16 AM   #71
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Camaros used to have a back seat big enough to have fun in without someone getting injured.

Starting with the 3rd gen the back seat got smaller, and smaller, and smaller
Are the seats getting smaller or our fat arses getting bigger?
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #72
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
That is what the Cadillac ATS is for - BMW, Audi, M-B are all luxury makers - Chevy is more like Dodge, Ford, or toyota.
That excuse doesn't fly or make sense anymore. $20K cars have nicer interiors.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #73
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Are the seats getting smaller or our fat arses getting bigger?
Yeah that too lol...... I remember putting the stereo in my 1990 Beretta GT in 1998 when I was 21. I could crawl around under the dash and in the back seat to run all the wiring through the trim panels, under the back seat cushion, and through the trunk lying upside down and backwards to wire the speakers and amps.

Just the thought of trying to do that now makes my back and knees hurt
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #74
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
That excuse doesn't fly or make sense anymore. $20K cars have nicer interiors.

...The person I responded to wanted an interior similar to a 3/4 Series BMW or a C-class Mercedes.

That response absolutely does fly given the context.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #75
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
...The person I responded to wanted an interior similar to a 3/4 Series BMW or a C-class Mercedes.

Honestly, BMW 3-series interiors have gone DOWNHILL since the late 90s as far as fit/finish/material quality.

They used to have some of the best in the business.

If you pay close attention, the interior of a 2021 3 series is not as good as that of a 2000 3 series.

Mercedes as an entire COMPANY has gone down hill since the 90s. Once they blew a billion dollars developing the W140 they obviously said never again.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #76
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Honestly, BMW 3-series interiors have gone DOWNHILL since the late 90s as far as fit/finish/material quality.

They used to have some of the best in the business.

If you pay close attention, the interior of a 2021 3 series is not as good as that of a 2000 3 series.

Mercedes as an entire COMPANY has gone down hill since the 90s. Once they blew a billion dollars developing the W140 they obviously said never again.

Absolutely, along with both BMW and M-B bringing over their cheaper models to the US (1,2 and M-B equivalentS). The interiors to be as nice as the older ones you have to up-trim, they're expanding their market share.

I looked at their coupes and the Audi S5/TT as well when purchasing my Camaro. They were all much nicer and easier to see out of, but felt more mechanical, appliance-like. Plus, the American V8 and stickshift.

You still won't touch their price ranges or niceness in a Chevy. Cadillac is the competitor.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #77
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
No way the Camaro is going to remain a gasoline vehicle into the next generation with current GM leadership (except maybe a race version to remain in stock car races). If it remains around, its going to be an electric vehicle, which could be really cool depending on how the new Hummer tech plays out in the long term. BUT, it should not be called a camaro
Camero.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:36 PM   #78
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:

That was me. A 3/4 Series and C-Class are mid rangers that can be had from the 40K range. Pretty much any Mazda, Toyota and Honda about 20K has a much nicer interior than the Camaro and that's very sad.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #79
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Camaros used to have a back seat big enough to have fun in without someone getting injured.

Starting with the 3rd gen the back seat got smaller, and smaller, and smaller
And now we're in the gutter.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #80
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Thank you all of your answers! I'm trying not to sound like a GM executive here lol. I think that unfortunately with the way GM is going, the next Camaro will probably as less as a Camaro as the C8 Corvette is a Corvette. But, it would be nice to have the features that some of you guys have mentioned.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:48 PM   #81
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
That was me. A 3/4 Series and C-Class are mid rangers that can be had from the 40K range. Pretty much any Mazda, Toyota and Honda about 20K has a much nicer interior than the Camaro and that's very sad.
If you're referring to the 6 Gen Camaros, I would have to disagree. Many of those models are made from cheap of the cheap. I've been in and/or driven MANY. I'm not saying that they don't make any nicer vehicles, but there is a difference between appearing "nice" at first glance, and actually having a quality build. I don't find a 2SS (or higher) interior to be too bad at all, considering the segment that is in..at that price point. Honda has dang good products, whether it is vehicles, ATV's, or motorycles..and I am a big supporter of Toyota.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #82
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
Thank you all of your answers! I'm trying not to sound like a GM executive here lol. I think that unfortunately with the way GM is going, the next Camaro will probably as less as a Camaro as the C8 Corvette is a Corvette. But, it would be nice to have the features that some of you guys have mentioned.
Unless things change, I would agree.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #83
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
Camero.
Clever, but what a mess that would be. People can't keep the naming of things straight as it is...and lets not talk about spelling lol.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #84
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
What constitutes "sold"? I'd be willing to bet that most of the Corvettes that qualify as sold during Q4 were 2020 models that were FINALLY being delivered after a ridiculous wait.

And comparing it to a car that had no inventory AND sells in low quantities?

Might as well just call that bundled up misuse of 'facts' NEWS.
Just going off of whats reported in the GM press release and from GoodCarBadCar.

I don't care what way you want to try and spin it Camaro volume getting close Corvette volume isn't a good thing.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote