Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #8191
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
haha! I saw the light, remember? BTW my ZL1 is scheduled to be delivered this Friday...I'm stoked, and nervous it's going to be a) damaged from transport and some dealer staff is going to have to drive it to take it to a repair shop, b) delayed for some unknown reason.
Stay cool. It’ll be fine. You are in for a treat. There is an app you can follow on your phone. Wish I could remember it. Anyhow, mine was on the truck and ended up being delivered in pretty much a monsoon. It was dirty but fine. The app said it was on the truck on the Friday, it was delivered on the Monday.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #8192
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Stay cool. It’ll be fine. You are in for a treat. There is an app you can follow on your phone. Wish I could remember it. Anyhow, mine was on the truck and ended up being delivered in pretty much a monsoon. It was dirty but fine. The app said it was on the truck on the Friday, it was delivered on the Monday.
The app is called myChevrolet. Indeed, if the salesman at the dealership activated OnStar and linked it to the customer's account already, one can track their car's location as it's being transported Same app is used for remote control features and a few other perks.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #8193
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Yes like already mentioned you can follow the vehicle thru the app. If it is activated then you can even play with the car...start the engine, unlock the doors, etc from your cellphone. And if the dealer says they can't activate it then tell them they are lying.

I would not worry about it being damaged or abused. That is, if you have a good relationship with them. You get monthly status reports which inform you of hard acceleration/late braking incidents too. So if they take it for a joyride and beat on it then you will be notified. If anything, with a car this expensive, what they should do is call you when it arrives and allow you to come there and wait as they prep and inspect it. And it should not hit the road for the first time without you present and in the driver seat. I would recommend mentioning all this to them and telling them that is what you prefer. Straight up tell them that you do not trust anyone with such an expensive purchase that you'll have to be stuck with for years if it is damaged. They should understand completely.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #8194
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Actually no it’s Jack Cooper. Palsapp I believe. You punch in your VIN and it tracks it on the truck. That’s what I used anyhow. Jack Cooper is the trucking company that transports the cars.
Sorry, that response was meant for Arpad
Old 03-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #8195
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
haha! I saw the light, remember? BTW my ZL1 is scheduled to be delivered this Friday...I'm stoked, and nervous it's going to be a) damaged from transport and some dealer staff is going to have to drive it to take it to a repair shop, b) delayed for some unknown reason.
I honestly think that so many people have issues with brand new cars for the sole reason they are worried about them. I feel like the first few months of car ownership have 20x the risk of accidental damage or getting in a crash for that reason, lol...

Congrats on the car, it's one amazing vehicle!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #8196
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
I truly look forward to Idaho's impressions on the ZL1 ownership. The comparison of an enthusiast for the S550 getting into an Alpha-ZL1 will be very interesting and valuable for us all.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #8197
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thanks for all the tips guys. I've checked in with my salesman to look into tracking it via OnStar. At this point he's also giving me daily updates which is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes like already mentioned you can follow the vehicle thru the app. If it is activated then you can even play with the car...start the engine, unlock the doors, etc from your cellphone. And if the dealer says they can't activate it then tell them they are lying.

I would not worry about it being damaged or abused. That is, if you have a good relationship with them. You get monthly status reports which inform you of hard acceleration/late braking incidents too. So if they take it for a joyride and beat on it then you will be notified. If anything, with a car this expensive, what they should do is call you when it arrives and allow you to come there and wait as they prep and inspect it. And it should not hit the road for the first time without you present and in the driver seat. I would recommend mentioning all this to them and telling them that is what you prefer. Straight up tell them that you do not trust anyone with such an expensive purchase that you'll have to be stuck with for years if it is damaged. They should understand completely.
Good pointers. I had talked to my salesman about my concerns regarding someone else driving it previously but didn't explicitly tell him not to let anyone if they need to, but I will do that now; I don't want anyone but me driving it off the lot.

I asked my guy about tracking it via OnStar and he's looking into it. He said he doesn't typically track the cars that way, which I'm not surprised since they can check it in-house and they aren't exactly waiting on pins and needles like the buyer...I'm waiting to hear back. He did tell me this morning the car was at Omaha, almost halfway to Salt Lake City from Toledo (by train from Toledo to SLC, then by truck from SLC to Boise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
I truly look forward to Idaho's impressions on the ZL1 ownership. The comparison of an enthusiast for the S550 getting into an Alpha-ZL1 will be very interesting and valuable for us all.
Thanks! I will probably start a "vs" thread with my initial impressions of ownership vs the Mustang (with pics of course) since most of my history on this forum is in the vs. section.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #8198
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks for all the tips guys. I've checked in with my salesman to look into tracking it via OnStar. At this point he's also giving me daily updates which is nice.

Good pointers. I had talked to my salesman about my concerns regarding someone else driving it previously but didn't explicitly tell him not to let anyone if they need to, but I will do that now; I don't want anyone but me driving it off the lot.

I asked my guy about tracking it via OnStar and he's looking into it. He said he doesn't typically track the cars that way, which I'm not surprised since they can check it in-house and they aren't exactly waiting on pins and needles like the buyer...I'm waiting to hear back. He did tell me this morning the car was at Omaha, almost halfway to Salt Lake City from Toledo (by train from Toledo to SLC, then by truck from SLC to Boise).

Thanks! I will probably start a "vs" thread with my initial impressions of ownership vs the Mustang (with pics of course) since most of my history on this forum is in the vs. section.
I think the biggest problem with us buyers is that we do not want to come off as being pricks when it comes to our purchase. But then again, these are $70K cars with a very high level of performance. And we all know how much temptation that would be for people to take it out and joyride. So in a way we actually do have to be pricks and tell them that we want to be present once the car reaches the dealership.

When I got mine, I had already signed all the papers and everything before the car got to the dealership. So all that was left was for it to get to the dealership, they had to prep it and inspect it, and then I had to come pick it up. I was worried but it was also raining that day. So I figured it was a good thing because I doubt they would joyride such an expensive vehicle in the rain and risk destroying it. But by all means, be on them like a Hawk. And when you get there, check the miles before you get in. If there are more than 2 miles on it then I would be questioning them.

And just so you know, the app is different from OnStar. We're talking about the MyChevrolet mobile app. You can use it to start the car, unlock the doors, etc. It is pretty convenient.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:39 PM   #8199
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

It looks like the pricing on used ZL1s, Z06s, and Hellcats have seen a pretty decent surge. Even the standard Vettes are now pricing where the Z06s used to be about a year ago. Perhaps the market for used performance cars is in more demand now.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:00 PM   #8200
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
It looks like the pricing on used ZL1s, Z06s, and Hellcats have seen a pretty decent surge. Even the standard Vettes are now pricing where the Z06s used to be about a year ago. Perhaps the market for used performance cars is in more demand now.

Also, warmer weather is coming so there is a demand for it. Flying Wheels's channel explains this well. He's in NH. Says better deals on Vettes in the winter.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:37 AM   #8201
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Also, warmer weather is coming so there is a demand for it. Flying Wheels's channel explains this well. He's in NH. Says better deals on Vettes in the winter.
Seems about the same as it has been since the pandemic put a stranglehold on new car supply.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:19 PM   #8202
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Ok don't freak out or anything...I was shopping for a SUV because the X5 is a bit older, outdated, and needs brakes and tires. The brakes and tires would have costed me $2500 approx. So I figured why not just get something newer and updated. I shopped around...started narrowing in on a Q7 and a QX80. Then I thought..."why spend all that money on a vehicle that I only use in Winter when it snows?". I figured I'll just wait until later this year and throw the money into the brakes and tires and I'm set. So then out of boredom I started looking at Corvettes, Mustangs...went to a dealership to check out a decently priced 18 GT...and brought this thing home, lol!! I know. I know. I talked a lot of shit over the years. I mean, a LOT of shit. Haha. But this thing was listed at a really good price, the previous owner threw some MP4S tires on it, it is clean as all hell, and the test drive sold me on it.

So it is a Base with the Drag Mode I guess. 3.55 rear. A10 trans. And that is about it. I gotta say, I test drove an 18 GT a couple years ago but it didn't have the Drag Mode, or the toggles for Sport Mode, and it wasonly the 3.15 rear I think. I was not impressed. THIS thing tho, it feels like a completely different thing altogether. Not for nothing, but after the test drive and bringing her home, I can see why the GT guys think this thing is the shit. It is a really insanely fast car for what it is. And the gearing and factory tuning on it (Sport Mode) really makes a huge difference. My Mustang friend told me that the 18 I test drove those years ago felt weak because it didn't have the modes. I thought he was FOS. But now I can say I see what he was talking about. And this thing is tuned very aggressive in Sport Mode. I gotta say, if Ford put this out as the standard GT in 2015 then it would have been a completely different world back then. LOL!!

Plans are to hit it with boost and leave it alone. Of course, all things considered, I won't be going catless or anything. I'm leaving the exhaust alone. Gotta say tho, if this is the stock exhaust, it sounds as awesome as the aftermarket exhaust on my ZL1. I mean, there really is no need to even touch the exhaust as far as I'm concerned.

So there it is. I'm back in a Mustang.

And we have Idaho getting his ZL1 tomorrow. I can't wait to read his review. Man...who would have thought after all this time...
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2021, 07:39 PM   #8203
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Looks nice Blaq. Sometimes you gotta eat your words. Haha. All good brother
Old 03-12-2021, 02:07 AM   #8204
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Looks nice Blaq. Sometimes you gotta eat your words. Haha. All good brother
If I went from my 2010 SS or my 15 GT straight to this then I could see how and why the Mustang guys would think this car can beat ZL1s and HCs. It can't...but I can see why it would make them think that. It is deceptively fast. Again, this is where Ford should have been in 2015 instead of 3 years later. And even for 2015, the Base GT should have come with all the perks including Drag Mode and the toggles. That should have been standard along with the 3.55s and A10 trans (even tho it wasn't available in 2015). It just shows how badly Ford dropped the ball and became lazy while GM pushed the SS to the next level of performance. And this is what it took for them to level out with the SS while the GT500 is what it took to compete with the ZL1. Which proves just how superior the Camaros are this Gen. But still, I am glad Ford eventually got there. I'm happy with how well this thing performs and I'm looking forward to seeing how it responds to boost.