Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-31-2018, 10:19 PM   #6021
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
The Avalanche was based off the Suburban so it was the best riding truck in GM's arsenal because it was suv based and had the coil springs instead of the leaf springs. The max tow is probably the rougher riding suspension of the lot on the new '19's with the adaptive ride on the Denali being the best.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #6022
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
The last few posts are not encouraging. Add to the not so good looks, the ride quality (according to some) is behind the Silverado's competition.

I can't figure out how Chevy and GM dropped the ball on these. How can you go from a handsome and well balanced truck to a truck with questionable ride quality and polarizing looks? If I were Chevy I would be working on a totally new pickup for '22, to stave off the bloodbath that they could be in store for.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #6023
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I did not like the Silverado drive quality at all. Way to much body roll and it tended to motorboat over undulations in the pavement. The Sierra Denali was far better behaved.
That's another thing I was happy to go from my 15 1.2 ton into a 17 3/4 ton. The body roll with my half ton was on par with my 05 Tahoe with 90k on it.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #6024
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
The last few posts are not encouraging. Add to the not so good looks, the ride quality (according to some) is behind the Silverado's competition.

I can't figure out how Chevy and GM dropped the ball on these. How can you go from a handsome and well balanced truck to a truck with questionable ride quality and polarizing looks? If I were Chevy I would be working on a totally new pickup for '22, to stave off the bloodbath that they could be in store for.
Tons of people didn't like the look of the previous generation too. It didn't push the envelope enough. It was too tame. It looked the same as the last truck. Et cetera.

Well, they made the new one look very different & people still complain.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:00 PM   #6025
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Interesting reads.. My friend who also owns an F150 with the 2.7 drove a Silverado with 5.3 and he thinks the Silverado is a better driving truck.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:03 AM   #6026
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
.. I did not like the Silverado drive quality at all. Way to much body roll and it tended to motorboat over undulations in the pavement. The Sierra Denali was far better behaved....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Interesting reads.. My friend who also owns an F150 with the 2.7 drove a Silverado with 5.3 and he thinks the Silverado is a better driving truck.
Not surprising. There are a number of trim / suspension offerings in GM Truck World. My experience in driving two different trim levels with different suspension options found one lacking and one pretty darn good. The suspension that was in the Denali is available in the Silverado High Country and there are other options available between what was in the Trail Boss and the Denali / High Country setup.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #6027
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Do those still have magride?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #6028
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Do those still have magride?
It uses "Adaptive Ride Control". It is not another name for Mag ride...and does not have the magnetic dampers, but is supposed to be for a premium ride...

More Information:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/...ces-magneride/
Old 01-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #6029
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Tons of people didn't like the look of the previous generation too. It didn't push the envelope enough. It was too tame. It looked the same as the last truck. Et cetera.

They've just proven that different does not equate to better.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #6030
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

That may (or may not) be the case, but one cannot deny the good looks of the 14-18 Silverado/denali trucks. They were competitive, and many viewed the gmc trucks as among the best looking in the market. There was a bit of a difference with the single cab pick-ups though. The crew cabs were among the best looking GM trucks seen in a long while.

I will say, after looking at the new Sierra, that GM did work with the body. If you don't look at the grille and look closely at the body envelope, the new trucks do have very good symmetry in the body shape. It is just the length of the front clip and grille design that is a bone of contention. Chevy used an odd body contour for the front fender that didn't agree with the design, and a really busy, confusing front fascia. GMC tried hard not to fall into that hole, and their front end is less offending. Still, the previous trucks had better overall symmetry in the body shape and pleasing features.

I can forgive ride quality, as one can work on it with better tire selection, revising the suspension specs, etc. It is harder to recover from design mishaps without a generational change. I just feel that the new truck design is struggling harder than the previous design. Now if they sell better than that's great, but if they stall then this will end up being an expensive lesson for Chevy.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #6031
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Sorta GM related but...

Ford is moving to quarterly sales reporting as well.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #6032
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
After riding in my buddy’s new rebel they’re gonna have a tough time. That truck is sweet with The etorque and huge sunroof
Old 01-08-2019, 06:35 AM   #6033
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Question Looking for a deal on a new CTS...when is the CT5 coming?

The new CT5 is coming but I cannot find reliable info as to exactly when it will hit the streets. I am in the market for a new CTS soon and wondering when would be the best time to purchase and get a good deal. I am sure once the CT5 hits the lots the CTS will drop in price. Looking for that sweet spot to get a good price but still have a decent selection from dealer stock. Anyone have actual knowledge and not speculation on the CT5 timeline? Thanks!
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #6034
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy View Post
The new CT5 is coming but I cannot find reliable info as to exactly when it will hit the streets. I am in the market for a new CTS soon and wondering when would be the best time to purchase and get a good deal. I am sure once the CT5 hits the lots the CTS will drop in price. Looking for that sweet spot to get a good price but still have a decent selection from dealer stock. Anyone have actual knowledge and not speculation on the CT5 timeline? Thanks!
CTS sales are slow enough now that you are probably already seeing the best deals.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions