Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 02-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #197
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
But here is the thing, IMO it's unfair to call someone's passion high consumption. If you are developing new skills in a hobby, you are getting something back from this consumption.

It only becomes a problem when you are one of those people who need that dopamine hit when you buy crap you don't need and you only buy it for the sake of buying something new.

I try to be conservative with most of my purchases that aren't related to my hobbies. It could get a little difficult at times in this pandemic but once you just sit down and think for 3 minutes on if you really need it, it's actually not that bad.

And if you expect lifestyle changes to people, IMO that should really happen naturally, not being forced as mentioned before.

Sent from toaster or something
Of course bro, totally agree with you, my post was about possible regulations in the future relating to carbon footprints per household and how I suspect people won't comply. Basically I was trying to say pure EV might lead to more regulations on driving that might lead to non-transportation regulations in the future. It was an argument against pure EV, lol, but Petrolhead misunderstood me.

Of course this is also based on available data and available means of recycling and production methods. 20-30 years from now we could get more efficient at things as tech progresses and get creative on how to limit waste and so on instead of having to introduce any regulations of some sort.

I personally wouldn't comply if we were forced to limit driving or if we were forced to use self driving vehicles instead. But things like cutting meat consumption, I don't mind doing for myself(voluntarily), because I eat too much meat, lol. I did not mean others should cut meat too.
Old 02-06-2021, 05:45 PM   #198
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
political movement...
Political movements should come with a mandatory courtesy flush.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #199
BLK95-Z

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Too funny. We’ll probably pass in opposite directions on I-94. Glad I ain’t in the middle of your and Raging Hawk’s drama.
I'm just glad it's over. I hate seeing him all riled up like that
RPM freshened Rossler billet th400 - 2.10 gearset - PTC converter
ZL1 diff & axles - Driveshaft shop aluminum DS
Injector Dynamics 2000cc - cable drive pump - e85 fuel
Weld v-series 17x4.5 front - 15x10 w/MT et street 315/60-15
Stock ecu & all factory options retained
1288 rwhp - 2016 LS Fest dyno challenge winner
8.97 @ 159
Old 02-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #200
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Well it’s been a pretty good thread, but I see where it’s likely headed
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Closed Thread