Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2019, 11:01 PM   #15
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I like the ECS's air induction. I thought the cog system still uses a belt lower down?
My D1X has had no belt slip issue and I'm working to max out all my new Lingenfelter stuff, so it has to be working...
The Vortech / ECS kit uses a cogged belt but its just from the jackshaft to the head unit. That belt is not very long.

The other side of the jackshaft has a serpentine pulley on it. They give you a longer belt that is the same width as stock to run all the accessories and the new pulley on the jackshaft.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:51 AM   #16
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
DorkMissile, something is wrong with your oil drain line on the supercharger. On the Paxton that I had for the 6th gen, the oil drain was at the bottom (like it should be) when the head unit is installed into the bracket. My opinion is that you will need to remove the supercharger and hold it so that hose is oriented at the bottom to drain it.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKEL1810 View Post
I have a 2017 2SS Camaro completely bone stock with A8 automatic. I am going to be purchasing some type of supercharger or procharger here soon. I am not wanting to race this car every weekend. Just want to add more power and have good drivability. I wanted to get feedback on what type is the easiest on the motor, has good drivability, and FAIRLY EASY TO INSTALL (since I will be installing it myself). Also, anything that would come with a tune as well to where I wouldn't have to get a dyno tune, since my car is stock. I appreciate any feedback.
Hello Nickel1810 and welcome to the forum.

I am always available to discuss your goals and how you will use your car and make a recommendation based on what is best for you we are dealer for all major supercharger companies so we will never make a bias recommendation.

I offer anything from the most basic packages to the most powerful packages for your car, and include JRE custom tuning as part of the package so you have 1 stop shopping, tuning and technical advice with 1 phone number 203-753-7223

I look forward to helping you with your project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
Congrats and welcome to the dark side. Soon your car will be a beast.

My two cents would be to figure out if you are going to use a canned tune or if you are going to go the custom route. If you are planning to just go with a canned tune, the Maggie is a great choice because, like Laynlo said, you can keep a full warranty. The standard tune from Maggie will be pretty darn good. For sure it will be killer on the steet until you end up going a little crazy and adding more stuff (happens to everyone once you feel the massive difference). I am biased to Maggie because of the great experience I have had...

Trying to be more unbiased:

If you are gonna add some additional items, which almost everyone does, then I would say pick a tuner, talk to him about what you want to accomplish and follow his advice. At the end, each tuner probably has their preferences and they have great experience/expertise and as a result they are probably best positioned to help you out. I am a big fan of Jannetty Racing (as I lose my impartial opinion)...

Good luck. Look forward to great results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfmoore79 View Post
I would highly recommend you talking to Ted at Jannetty Racing. He answered all my questions, even the dumb ones, and the remote tuning process was seamless. Regardless of centrifugal or PD, JRE is the place to go.
Thank you gentlemen for the recommendations and your business.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #18
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I second all recommendations for Jannetty Racing. Ted is the straightest of straight shooters, his customer service is great plus he has tons of experience with this platform
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I agree Ted has it all but of course I'd like you to order a Magnuson 2300 Heartbeat from him. He has a stellar reputation and he's one of our best dealers.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #20
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
DorkMissile, something is wrong with your oil drain line on the supercharger. On the Paxton that I had for the 6th gen, the oil drain was at the bottom (like it should be) when the head unit is installed into the bracket. My opinion is that you will need to remove the supercharger and hold it so that hose is oriented at the bottom to drain it.
I see what you are saying - The orientation on the head unit is the same as what it is on the ECS site, however their picture has a plug in the place of the oil line. I am out of town for work and not near the car, so I will have to check if there is a plug on the "bottom" of the case. There is no option to stand it up farther without hitting the hood, it is only about 3/4" away as it is, and if you indexed the unit over one position to point the line down one position, the snout will be pointing strait thru the inner fender.

After looking at more pictures of the 1500SL in other installations (C6 and C7 installs) it looks like there are three options as to where you can mount the oil drain line.

I assumed that "Pre-Clocked and ready into install" meant exactly that.

This in my opinion is the downfall of the ECS system - no instructions, left to figure everything out as you go.

From the ECS page:

Last edited by DorkMissile; 01-28-2019 at 10:56 PM.
DorkMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 03:34 AM   #21
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I see what you are saying - The orientation on the head unit is the same as what it is on the ECS site, however their picture has a plug in the place of the oil line. I am out of town for work and not near the car, so I will have to check if there is a plug on the "bottom" of the case. There is no option to stand it up farther without hitting the hood, it is only about 3/4" away as it is, and if you indexed the unit over one position to point the line down one position, the snout will be pointing strait thru the inner fender.

After looking at more pictures of the 1500SL in other installations (C6 and C7 installs) it looks like there are three options as to where you can mount the oil drain line.

I assumed that "Pre-Clocked and ready into install" meant exactly that.
You installed the head unit correctly. The problem is that head unit was not assembled correctly. Not your fault.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I agree Ted has it all but of course I'd like you to order a Magnuson 2300 Heartbeat from him. He has a stellar reputation and he's one of our best dealers.
Thank you sir
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #23
DorkMissile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
You installed the head unit correctly. The problem is that head unit was not assembled correctly. Not your fault.
Spoke to Alex at ECS - he said remove the head unit, put the solid plug back in place of the vented plug, and tip the unit bottom up and let it set for a minute. Remove both the plug and the oil line and swap the two, re-apply thread sealer and re-torque to 14 ft lbs or so.

Should take 15 minutes
Old 02-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #24
DorkMissile

Pulled the head unit off and swapped the pipe plug for the oil line and back on the car.

Looks better too!
Old 02-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #25
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Procharger all the way. The car will feel stock until you get on pedal. The instructions are very detailed with pictures. They do sell the kit with or without the "can" tune, but I would advise to go with a dyno tune, or at least a mail tune from a reputable shop. Either way, you will be happy with the gains the car will make, over factory. Feel free to reach out, if you decide to go with the procharger and need any help or advice. Ive had mine for 20k miles and no issues. A lot of fun!

Best of luck!
Old 08-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #26
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
Procharger all the way. The car will feel stock until you get on pedal. The instructions are very detailed with pictures. They do sell the kit with or without the "can" tune, but I would advise to go with a dyno tune, or at least a mail tune from a reputable shop. Either way, you will be happy with the gains the car will make, over factory. Feel free to reach out, if you decide to go with the procharger and need any help or advice. Ive had mine for 20k miles and no issues. A lot of fun!

Best of luck!
I assume you had to change your Pistons & Rods to Forged since you have that much HP/TQ in your signature. Just curious since I am currently learning about Forced Induction in general and leaning toward PC due to easy install/east to go back to stock. How much boost too?

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote