#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #113
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Check out our new promo video for the 6th Gen Camaro!

Pretty sweet clip!!
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #114
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Check out our new promo video for the 6th Gen Camaro!

Nice looking Camaro SS.

Not trying to be a punk -- just honest feedback:

I'm not sure what that video had to do with Soler. I saw the TB for a moment but most of that video was about the Camaro. From the video I'd assume all those parts were sold by Soler but when I go to the website I only see TB. Kind of confusing.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #115
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Nice looking Camaro SS.

Not trying to be a punk -- just honest feedback:

I'm not sure what that video had to do with Soler. I saw the TB for a moment but most of that video was about the Camaro. From the video I'd assume all those parts were sold by Soler but when I go to the website I only see TB. Kind of confusing.
I couldn't agree more, this is not final. We'll add some more content and make sure it is clear it is about the TB and not car or other aftermarket parts.

Thank you,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #116
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Got mine in early this week and installed. Still haven’t gotten through the 100 miles of re-learn, I’m at about 70 miles of driving after swapping.

Lag from a stop is gone, throttle and car is responsive every time you step on the gas. No issues with active rev match at all.

The more I’ve driven the car the better the response gets !!! Looking forward to stomping on it once the re-learn is complete.

I got my $120 refund two days after shipping the stock unit back. This is definitely worth the $270 !!
Hi would you mind giving an update on you longer term impressions. I have a manual and I just did the latest rear end updated calibration and that actually seems to help some but curious if this is something I should try or not.

Thanks
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #117
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2018_ZL1 View Post
Hi would you mind giving an update on you longer term impressions. I have a manual and I just did the latest rear end updated calibration and that actually seems to help some but curious if this is something I should try or not.

Thanks
I just took the car out tonight for the first time since I finished the learning procedure, which was almost a month ago.

So unfortunately I don’t really have much of a long term review to give man since I’ve barely driven the car.

I will say that the throttle is still noticeably sharper than stock. It responds a lot more than stock but I can still detect a bit of a lag.

You did a differential update for your manual car?? I thought those updates were only for the automatic transmission cars.

Care to elaborate on your update?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #118
JD2018_ZL1

Quote:
I just took the car out tonight for the first time since I finished the learning procedure, which was almost a month ago.

So unfortunately I don’t really have much of a long term review to give man since I’ve barely driven the car.

I will say that the throttle is still noticeably sharper than stock. It responds a lot more than stock but I can still detect a bit of a lag.

You did a differential update for your manual car?? I thought those updates were only for the automatic transmission cars.

Care to elaborate on your update?
It was the differential clutch control module. So the electronic differential control from my understanding.

I have an MDI 2 and can update my cars any time I want. I checked when I bought it in February and there were no updates. I checked the other day there was one for this.

I included a list of calibration history for this module.

Calibration update.pdf
Old 08-19-2019, 08:43 PM   #119
Alain

Quote:
It was the differential clutch control module. So the electronic differential control from my understanding.

I have an MDI 2 and can update my cars any time I want. I checked when I bought it in February and there were no updates. I checked the other day there was one for this.

I included a list of calibration history for this module.

Attachment 1000760
Dang!! Thank you for posting this. I wonder if the dealer will update my if I bring it in. I’m wondering if they’d charge me for the update. If they do, I might as well buy the scanner tool so I can do my own updates in the future.

As far as the throttle body. I just got back home from my drive. There’s a slight delay from time to time when you blip the throttle. it’s very rare but it’s there.

I would say the throttle no longer lags, it just suffers from a slight delay from time to time. Maybe that’ll go away the more I drive it, I don’t know.

I know you’re looking to make up your mind about investing in the Soler do I’ll give you my opinion.

I would do it man, it’s not an expensive mod and it’s not hard to do the swap yourself. I think it was just over $200 if you do the core exchange.

The difference is definitely noticeable. I used to get annoyed at the throttle lag so it was worth it to me.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 08-19-2019, 08:55 PM   #120
JD2018_ZL1

Quote:
Dang!! Thank you for posting this. I wonder if the dealer will update my if I bring it in. I’m wondering if they’d charge me for the update. If they do, I might as well buy the scanner tool so I can do my own updates in the future.

As far as the throttle body. I just got back home from my drive. There’s a slight delay from time to time when you blip the throttle. it’s very rare but it’s there.

I would say the throttle no longer lags, it just suffers from a slight delay from time to time. Maybe that’ll go away the more I drive it, I don’t know.

I know you’re looking to make up your mind about investing in the Soler do I’ll give you my opinion.

I would do it man, it’s not an expensive mod and it’s not hard to do the swap yourself. I think it was just over $200 if you do the core exchange.

The difference is definitely noticeable. I used to get annoyed at the throttle lag so it was worth it to me.
Yeah no problem. I bought the tool because its handy to have. It requires you to buy a programming subscription for your vin. $40 for two years of access to your vin. I have three Chevys though so worth it. Especially for things like module updates. I have the Ford VCM 2 and IDS for my Fords and MicroPod 2 for Chrysler. I have an 18 ZL1 like you not 1LE I also have a 16 Hellcat like you . That was funny to see.

I dont know if it is placebo or not but I feel there is less of a stutter from a dead stop. I need to drive it more to really see. Seems like it so far. Maybe they adjusted the slip fro acceleration. When On the eLSD screen you can see the meter peg to 30% for some reason sometimes. Guess they slip the differential to prevent clutch damage and slippage in the transmission.

If you were in Dallas I would help you out. The MDI2 can be had for anywhere from $600 to $1000 new. Then you have to set it all up on a windows PC. I use My surface pro for all of this in my garage.

There is a webpage you can go to and enter your vin and get that calibration list for your car. Its very handy and you can see what calibrations are there. Only thing is you have to know what you currently have. There is no way to know without the tool.

Last edited by JD2018_ZL1; 08-19-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:02 PM   #121
Alain

Quote:
Yeah no problem. I bought the tool because its handy to have. It requires you to buy a programming subscription for your vin. $40 for two years of access to your vin. I have three Chevys though so worth it. Especially for things like module updates. I have the Ford VCM 2 and IDS for my Fords and MicroPod 2 for Chrysler. I have an 18 ZL1 like you not 1LE I also have a 16 Hellcat like you . That was funny to see.

I dont know if it is placebo or not but I feel there is less of a stutter from a dead stop. I need to drive it more to really see. Seems like it so far. Maybe they adjusted the slip fro acceleration. When On the eLSD screen you can see the meter peg to 30% for some reason sometimes. Guess they slip the differential to prevent clutch damage and slippage in the transmission.

If you were in Dallas I would help you out. The MDI2 can be had for anywhere from $600 to $1000 new. Then you have to set it all up on a windows PC. I use My surface pro for all of this in my garage.

There is a webpage you can go to and enter your vin and get that calibration list for your car. Its very handy and you can see what calibrations are there. Only thing is you have to know what you currently have. There is no way to know without the tool.

http://https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/
Thank you for all the extra info man !! I’m gonna see what my dealer says.

Since you have a Hellcat I’ll share this thought with you. The Soler TB will NOT feel like the throttle response of our hellcats. Guys like you and I have it bad in when it comes to this because we are spoiled the the instant throttle response in the Hellcat.

With that being said, I still think the Soler is worth the investment. Wish I was near you too, I’d let you drive my ZLE.

Thanks again for the website and info. Gonna look into that update for mine.

EDIT. just clicked on the link you provided and it’s no good.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 08-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #122
JD2018_ZL1

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/
Old 08-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #123
JD2018_ZL1

That one works. I think it had to do with Me using insert link or something. This one I just copied and pasted.

Yes .. the hellcat is so incredible with the Tip in. Ive never driven anything like it. Dont know why they cant get it right.. Between the whine and exhaust its amazing how they get it right and the guy at chevy n/f Ford work to hide things like the whine.

Anyways sorry won't talk over the thread with Hellcat love. I would love to drive ZL1 1LE. I almost got one but the 18 I got was such a deal I couldn't pass it up. I still kick myself at times. Just wasn't sure about not having the mag ride and I love the wheels on the regular ZL1.

Who knows.. Maybe I won't be able to resist. They still have the 1LE up there.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #124
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Thank you for all the extra info man !! I’m gonna see what my dealer says.

Since you have a Hellcat I’ll share this thought with you. The Soler TB will NOT feel like the throttle response of our hellcats. Guys like you and I have it bad in when it comes to this because we are spoiled the the instant throttle response in the Hellcat.

With that being said, I still think the Soler is worth the investment. Wish I was near you too, I’d let you drive my ZLE.

Thanks again for the website and info. Gonna look into that update for mine.

EDIT. just clicked on the link you provided and it’s no good.
I have a hellcat and I feel my Zl1 with soler TB is just as good as the throttle response on my 2015 Cat 6M. I'd call them an even comparison here.
Also I notice you say you have a slight lag when you blip the throttle. I also do not have any lag anywhere. I do have close to a 1000 miles on my soler now though - so maybe you just need more time/miles.

And guys the Hellcat is awesome obviously but it does absolutely nothing better then are Zl1's.
Well except seat more people comfortably.
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #125
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z650HP View Post
I have a hellcat and I feel my Zl1 with soler TB is just as good as the throttle response on my 2015 Cat 6M. I'd call them an even comparison here.
Also I notice you say you have a slight lag when you blip the throttle. I also do not have any lag anywhere. I do have close to a 1000 miles on my soler now though - so maybe you just need more time/miles.

And guys the Hellcat is awesome obviously but it does absolutely nothing better then are Zl1's.
Well except seat more people comfortably.
Those extra 800 miles you have on your Soler TB are making one hell of a difference.
No way in hell I would say my ZLE with the Soler TB is close to the throttle response of my 2016 manual Hellcat.

My Hellcat responds as soon as your foot gets anywhere near the gas pedal. Obviously I’m exaggerating, but you get my point.

I also think the Hellcat does some things better than the ZL1 and vice-versa. No way i can compare what the Hellcat does from a stand still or from a roll to what the Zl1 does and say they are even. My cat will snap my neck off if I’m not bracing myself when I punch the go pedal. I will say that there are rumors out there that the 2016 hellcats got a more aggressive tune than the 2015s did. So maybe that plays a role here.

This is of course a subjective topic and talk for a different thread.

Hopefully my Soler TB will get to your level with more miles.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #126
dbb143

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
I'm still following this closely as I have been on the fence about this since it appeared
dbb143 is offline   Reply With Quote