Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #1
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
Replacement options for a ZL1 spoiler

Back to spoiler options... Ok, enjoying the car (I purchased a 17 ZL1 2 months ago)! Scheduled an appointment for a vinyl wrap (black car in the AZ desert is not ideal). Now spoilers. I've done a few high speed runs and gone into deserted areas which are essentially a race track, minus the fact that they aren't actual race track (no humans, no cars. Remember, I'm in the desert). So as far as down-force and high speed stability, the aero is undeniably functional! First domestic car (please don't hate on me for this comment, but I've driven and owned numerous performance cars. The domestic sports cars tend to have a confidence shattering lack of stability at high speeds) that is really well planted at speed and grippy in corners. I'm of course not comparing to domestic track stars like a Viper ACS, Ford GT, etc...
I am open to spoiler options. I realize the functionality of the entire package, but would risk altering a bit of that for a spoiler that doesn't look like it was taken directly off of a base SS. I like the IROC-Z blade (with a center notch for increased visibility) and the ZL1 1LE style spoiler. I'm not looking to spend $1k on a spoiler, but I would buy a used or new spoiler in the $400-600 range. I like the low version of the C7 carbon ZL1 1LE style spoiler, even at the $800 Mark, but wait times are approaching 4 months. I don't keep a car long enough to wait 4 months. I'm absolutely open to suggestions for a functional spoiler at a reasonable price point. I would appreciated your thoughts and experience on the matter...
Maybe someone here even has one they no longer need or want...
Attached Images

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
krw1103

Drives: 2019 ZL1
I really like the 1LE spoiler in CF, but I am not going to drop $4600 for it and the wife does not like the way it looks with the high wing style. So, for now I will keep what has been engineered for the car. I don't spend much time above X40 mph where the tall wing provides the ~350 pounds of downforce, but I really like the look of it though. I think they are set up pretty well as they are performance wise with the original aero.
krw1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #3
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Anyone know if the factory 18-19 ZL1 1LE front spoiler is a direct fit replacement for the stock ZL1 front spoiler?
Thanks
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Gritesh

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10 Black
I just ordered the C7 carbon spoiler, but if you don't want to wait that long your options are severely limited.

They quoted me 12-15 weeks, it will be the middle of winter here with the car parked before it gets here, BUT! I'll have it on for next spring when I first pull it out of the garage.
Gritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:17 AM   #5
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
I've been checking out the Ikon Motorsports ZLE spoiler recently. I've bought several items from them in the past, and a rear diffuser just recently (I've yet to have the rear diffuser installed). Their fitment has always been spot on! Price point is aggressive, and side by side with the OEM version of the stuff they sell, it's not easy to tell the difference... I'll look into this a bit further.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #6
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecaptain View Post
Anyone know if the factory 18-19 ZL1 1LE front spoiler is a direct fit replacement for the stock ZL1 front spoiler?
Thanks
You will need the lower grill as well. There are several threads about this, try searching for it
Old 08-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #7
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Nah......this was easier......thanks for the info.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
You will need the lower grill as well. There are several threads about this, try searching for it
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote