Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-28-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
You think Camaro will be Bailing out Now?!

You think Camaro will be Bailing out Now?! With this high powered action will Chevy still punk out and discontinue the next Gen Camaro?

MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #2
HypeBlueZL1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Predictions are hard. Especially when they are about the future.
HypeBlueZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
IMO Chevy is going all out on the Corvette and putting the Camaro to sleep for the next foreseeable future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #4
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I don't see any major changes to the camaro platform until 2023 at the earliest.

you have the base corvette, soon after, the z06, then a few years later the zr-1 equivalent.

gm wouldn't let the camaro steal thunder from it's flagship, which I think we can all agree they are focusing on pretty heavily right now.

if the past is any indication, 2023 may be the soonest we'd see a lul in corvette stuff, just to get a camaro in there, and I only see that happening if they do an alpha-2 platform for something cadillac related.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeBlueZL1 View Post
Man, you a SO right. I find that my predictions about the past are much more accurate.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
All I will say on this is, we shall see!
Old 01-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeBlueZL1 View Post
Yogi Berra, if memory serves?
Old 01-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #8
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I haven't seen anything to make me think Chevy will discontinue the Camaro. You can find a rumor about anything, doesn't mean sht.

The C8 is a huge deal, and a difficult undertaking going from FE to ME so it is very understandable and expected that all resources were diverted to getting this right, as right as possible.

This also easily explains the extension on the current Camaro platform, or delay on the future platform if you want to look at it that way.

Ford and Dodge have shown there is still a ton of demand for Pony cars, and Chevy has all the tools to dominate the market with their platform sharing and big bro handing down goodies.

A next gen Camaro that offers buyers what the C8 doesn't while curing the very few issues with the current gen Camaro would sell well and I think GM knows that. The timing change just makes sense to me, not indicative of pending doom.

Long story short, no I dont think GM will bail out.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:17 PM   #9
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
What I would like to see is GM throw the ZL1 a bone and give it a LT5. Look the ZL1 with 650 is definitely fast, but this isn't 2012 anymore. Those big fat pigs or BFP for short (BTW member when Mudstain guys would pick on the GEN5's weight, calling them BFP's? Oh, I member!) the GT500 and Challenger Hellfat are both pushing close the 120-150 HP more than the ZL1. That's a big HP gap and the ZL1 would need to be in the 3,300-3,400 lb range to hang with those cars with a stock LT4. Look at how much faster they trap at than the ZL1.

Hell, maybe make it an option for the ZL1. I'm sure a LT5 would add noticeable cost over the LT4. A ZL1 with a LT5 and an A10 or DCT would be a very fast car though.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 PM   #10
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Keep it slow, better insurance rates

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:16 AM   #11
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
These cars are approaching 800 hp!! Camaro is a nice respectable car...its not some car for hooligans who have a Need for Speed. What do you think this is the 1960's? We are in the age of Prius's.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:50 AM   #12
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Dude, ZL1 1LE beats Hellcat Redeye on quarter mile and even more on the track.

Of course they could add a model with more horsepower, but for what? If you want to spend $100k like on the GT500 with Track Package Chevy will offer you an absolute beast of C8 Corvette Z06 pretty soon - And it's clear that this car will make GT500, ZL1 and Hellcat look dated in terms of performance. There is no reason for 6th Gen Camaro Z/28 if you can get the C8 Z06 for a similiar price range.

Also Camaro7 is not discontinued, we just had another survey from GM for getting a feel about pricing and engine choices. It will surely not launch before 2022/23, but it will come.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #13
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
[QUOTE=samurai;10711215]Dude, ZL1 1LE beats Hellcat Redeye on quarter mile and even more on the track.

Of course they could add a model with more horsepower, but for what? If you want to spend $100k like on the GT500 with Track Package Chevy will offer you an absolute beast of C8 Corvette Z06 pretty soon - And it's clear that this car will make GT500, ZL1 and Hellcat look dated in terms of performance. There is no reason for 6th Gen Camaro Z/28 if you can get the C8 Z06 for a similiar price range.

I watched the edmunds video too. The ZL1 1LE beat the snot out of the Hellcat except in room for track rubber. Oh, the hellcat had the furthest black stripe on a burnout....which is stupid. The Rustang BARELY won a few categories but it is like 25k more money and for 100k I think I want a mid engine C8 Z06. My Camaro SS was half that much and has plenty of the low end torque and roar without making me poor.
End of the day, everybody wins. I love my SS, and every time I see a Gen6 on the road, it’s like drop everything and stare at the pretty girl. But the Rustang and Dodge boys have some pretty sweet cars too....
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:47 AM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
I heard on the radio GM had announced there is no plans for anything past 20203. No new engines, no redesign, nothing. They are way behind in sales -https://www.motor1.com/news/391330/mustang-leads-challenger-outsells-camaro/ - the bailout & strike are still lingering on people’s minds & aside from the Vette & Camaro I find their product lines meh.

Sales are down compared to the other two & GM has its self to blame. When I bought my 18 in Aug/ ‘18 the new 19’s were on the lot with 18’s already & there was absolutely zilch rebates, interest rate deals, or anything at the time on either. I searched many dealers in the MN Twin cities area as well as in WI for the best deal I could. Hardly any dealer wanted to budge an inch on pricing. So I bought the used one (6 months old from in-service) for $10K less what a new one was.

They paid the price because I could have, & was willing to, buy a new one. I could have bought a Lebanon Ford 700HP GT for $43k + $1K delivery to my door, but I wanted a Camaro. Quite honestly I’m kind of regretting it now.

Then a friend of mine 6 months later starts looking, after Q1 19 & they start to offer some incentives & dealers start panicking to move remaining inventory so he finds a good deal on a 1LE. A deal I would have been happy to have for a 2SS.

Heck I remember hearing adds for Hellcats having $7,200 discounts around the same time after I bought.

The market is cutthroat & it is a small market subset. They have to be competitive & right now GM isn’t for some reason.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote