Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Texas Speed header install

Last night a friend and I installed a set of Texas Speed 1 7/8 High-Flow catted headers without the X-Pipe. Install took a goof 5 hours from start to finish. Build quality of the system is top of the line.I strongly suggest getting these instead of the high priced competitors.The sound that this system makes is out of this world.Don’t let the fact that these headers having high flow cats make you think that there quiet.My friend has Kooks cat less on his C7 vette and to be honest we both said that the Texas speed kit with high flow cats sounds better.You can barely smell fuel.Nothing like a catless car.I think it because I don’t have a tune yet.Ill be willing to answer any questions you guys have about the headers or install or removal of the factory headers.
Attached Images

Last edited by Miami_1LE; 04-30-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
Razor427

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
I’m gonna wrap mine with the DEI titanium Wrap, before I install mine. Does the car still have the stock muffler? How is it in touring mode?

Ray
Razor427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
I just installed my 1 7/8" TSP headers. Done it in my garage on jack stands and ramps in the rear. I also went with the catted setup but I have the 3" MBRP race catback exhaust and the cats will not work with it so I have to have them modified. Taking them to a muffler shop Monday to see what he can come up with. The quality of these headers are great and the fitment is excellent. I went from the bottom to install both. Ditched the factory bolts for the black ARP header bolts. Fired it up for the first time which was straight open headers and Wow these sound crazy mean. Can't wait to get the cats on and everything buttoned up to do some driving and open her up.
Attached Images

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Miami_1LE

Yes, I still have the stocl NPP exhaust. It still sounds extremely quiet when in touring mode. You'll love the headers. It is a tiny bit louder in touring and absolutly no drone what soever in any mode. It screams now like a wild banshee. I have people staring at me all the time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor427 View Post
I’m gonna wrap mine with the DEI titanium Wrap, before I install mine. Does the car still have the stock muffler? How is it in touring mode?

Ray
Old 04-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I was seriously thinking about the 2"catted longtubes from them but don't want to deal with the steering shaft interference as I've heard it can still be an issue with the button style higher grade bolts. I take mine on road courses as well, so I don't want to deal with high speed issues. Sounds like the 1 7/8th's may be the way to go unless they have fixed that 2" issue.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:57 PM   #6
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
I was seriously thinking about the 2"catted longtubes from them but don't want to deal with the steering shaft interference as I've heard it can still be an issue with the button style higher grade bolts. I take mine on road courses as well, so I don't want to deal with high speed issues. Sounds like the 1 7/8th's may be the way to go unless they have fixed that 2" issue.
I don't want deal with the issues either but want 2". That's why I'm thinking of going with Kooks 2" as they don't seem to have the steering shaft issue from what i've seen. I change my mind everyday on what I want to do lol.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
Miami_1LE

I don't think you really need 2". Cars have been making big power for years with 1 7/8. Its pretty much 2". To not worry about clearance I would just stick to what works.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:05 PM   #8
Miami_1LE

Added some pics of the install. There starting to get some nice color to them now.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:27 PM   #9
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Did you have to remove any starter stuff or mess with the engine mounts? Any steering shaft issues? Do you have wire sleeves or upgraded to MSD wires? I just got the same header ordered.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
Vsoles

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2 SS
Maybe you guys can help me out cause it's bugging the hell out of me. I recently got my TSP 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe installed this past week. I'm really impressed with the quality and the welds! Car sounds like a true muscle car now, but immediately after the install I noticed that my steering wheel was extremely tight. Apparently one of the brothers that worked on my car was sure that we could use the stock steering shaft bolt since he worked on so many Gen 6's. Although nothing is hitting that I can tell, the header is extremely close to my steering shaft. I went ahead and ordered the bolt that TSP provided. Would anyone have any knowledge of why this is happening besides the fact that my headers are too close to my steering shaft?
Vsoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #11
Miami_1LE

You need to use the provided bolt that TSP has, or go to an ACE Hardware store and pic up a bolt that has a small head on it. I had the same problem when I first used my stock steering bolts. Youll be fine just get a new bolt. It should only be the lower bolt that needs to be changed. Its the bolt closer to the front bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsoles View Post
Maybe you guys can help me out cause it's bugging the hell out of me. I recently got my TSP 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe installed this past week. I'm really impressed with the quality and the welds! Car sounds like a true muscle car now, but immediately after the install I noticed that my steering wheel was extremely tight. Apparently one of the brothers that worked on my car was sure that we could use the stock steering shaft bolt since he worked on so many Gen 6's. Although nothing is hitting that I can tell, the header is extremely close to my steering shaft. I went ahead and ordered the bolt that TSP provided. Would anyone have any knowledge of why this is happening besides the fact that my headers are too close to my steering shaft?
Old 02-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #12
Jason16ss

Drives: 2016 SS camaro
On the passenger side did you have to remove the motor mount
Jason16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #13
Robby23

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason16ss View Post
On the passenger side did you have to remove the motor mount
I have read people remove the starter/oil dipstick tube but not the motor mount for passenger side. Next monday I am installing mine on jack stands in my garage I can let you know for sure then.
Robby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:41 AM   #14
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
I went with 2". No clearance issues at all. Didn't have to dent the headers or dremmel anything.

I did not remove any motor mounts, but did remove the starter (mainly so I could heat shield it) and oil dipstick. Drivers side was pretty easy. Passenger side was kinda rough.

Agreed on sound. I went catless, and when the NPP is open, it's kind of ridiculous. Even a light blip on the throttle can startle people outside the car. WOT next to a concrete barrier or in an underpass is wicked.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote