Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-01-2023, 07:32 PM   #1
Chris Durant

Drives: 2023 Vivid Orange Camaro 1LT
Grill Inserts Turns out they are different ?

I have a 2023 1LT no RS pkg and I wanted to add the silver grill inserts. When you build the car it is an option, but when you try to find the part # to order after the fact they only seem to have the RS Version which has a different lower grill which I did not realize until today, see the pics below there is quite a bit different how the insert matches / and size of insert, anyone know anyway to find the correct part # for my non RS, I talked to my local dealer and they said there only available for the RS, but that makes no sense, in the pic below is the base model non RS with the inserts option, the car below it is the RS, you can see there a good bit different, thanks for any ideas.
Name:  std inserts.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  119.2 KB

Name:  rs inserts.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  112.7 KB
Chris Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:35 AM   #2
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Go look at your car... I believe you already have the inserts but they are painted black to match the grille. The option you are referring to isn't "just" a set of inserts, it's a different lower grille with the inserts painted a specific color.

Your car should be able to have that grilled modified... Maybe consider PlastiDip?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:36 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

And if you want to buy a whole new grille piece with the silver inserts, the part number is 84033927.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:44 AM   #4
Chris Durant

I think there are inserts as well as whole new lower grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Go look at your car... I believe you already have the inserts but they are painted black to match the grille. The option you are referring to isn't "just" a set of inserts, it's a different lower grille with the inserts painted a specific color.

Your car should be able to have that grilled modified... Maybe consider PlastiDip?
I think there are inserts, but how do they fit. I looked at my lower grill and I do not see how they work, see more pics below and also thanks for the input as well.
Name:  std inserts 2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  85.1 KB
Old 09-02-2023, 11:45 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

I don't know the in's and out's of that... If it were my car, I would probably already have the front end up on ramps and would be working to take that insert piece out to see how it goes together.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:23 PM   #6
Chris Durant

Quote:
I don't know the in's and out's of that... If it were my car, I would probably already have the front end up on ramps and would be working to take that insert piece out to see how it goes together.
If I had the space and ramps and maybe was a little younger I agree :-)

I think I need to forget about the idea, as I may get stuck with some parts that wont work. Thanks for chiming in on this one.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:32 PM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Durant View Post
If I had the space and ramps and maybe was a little younger I agree :-)

I think I need to forget about the idea, as I may get stuck with some parts that wont work. Thanks for chiming in on this one.
You can buy the replacement lower grille with the insert painted for like $300. Or maybe find a local car club or something with some guys that like tinkering... You might luck out and be able to get that one out to trim it up how you'd like.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:37 PM   #8
Chris Durant

Grill idea could be a winner for me

Quote:
You can buy the replacement lower grille with the insert painted for like $300. Or maybe find a local car club or something with some guys that like tinkering... You might luck out and be able to get that one out to trim it up how you'd like.
I just looked at that grill part , the whole lower grill and it says it will work as well as only 1 hour install time, wish I could see the installation instructions to see just how hard it is to get off the old and put on the new, this could be the answer for sure. Again thanks for taking and interest in me making my Camaro look like I want it to.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:53 PM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Not assmebly instructions, but might give you an idea...

Lower splash shield under the bumper: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2023...splash-shields

Grille insert: https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2023...and-components