Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2023, 06:23 PM   #1
2023ZL1RapidBlue

Drives: ZL1, S2000
Carbon fiber full mirror cups? Any other store?

Hello,

I ordered a set of Carbon Fiber mirror cups for my ZL1 from Autoaddictusa back on June 30th and still haven't received them.

According to them, they seem to have a container issue. They keep telling me this Friday for sure as of weeks ago but i get nothing. They finally said the port hasn't released the container. I've been waiting for close to 2 months and not happy about it.

Does anyone know another store where these are readily available?
2023ZL1RapidBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:58 PM   #2
5280ZL1Matt

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I think the autoaddicts replacements are the only ones for the dimming mirrors. APR makes some for the non-dimming mirrors, not quite sure what would make them not compatible, maybe some of the internal clips/retaining parts. I have the autoaddicts on my zl1 and they look great, installing wasnt a terrible pain. Getting the factory off was difficult. I did have to sand the carbon replacements around the inside edges to thin them out a little but I think it came out good.
5280ZL1Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 10:53 PM   #3
2023ZL1RapidBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt View Post
I think the autoaddicts replacements are the only ones for the dimming mirrors. APR makes some for the non-dimming mirrors, not quite sure what would make them not compatible, maybe some of the internal clips/retaining parts. I have the autoaddicts on my zl1 and they look great, installing wasnt a terrible pain. Getting the factory off was difficult. I did have to sand the carbon replacements around the inside edges to thin them out a little but I think it came out good.
Thank you for your input! If you're saying autoaddicts came out good maybe I'll just have to be patient and wait for them to arrive. Good to know on the sanding!
Old 08-28-2023, 06:55 PM   #4
5280ZL1Matt

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2023ZL1RapidBlue View Post
Thank you for your input! If you're saying autoaddicts came out good maybe I'll just have to be patient and wait for them to arrive. Good to know on the sanding!

Here a couple pics. The little lip circled in red is what I had to thin out on the autoaddicts.
Attached Images

5280ZL1Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 07:23 PM   #5
2023ZL1RapidBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280ZL1Matt View Post
Here a couple pics. The little lip circled in red is what I had to thin out on the autoaddicts.
I appreciate you posting those pics, that will help!

I also thought that the full cups came all the way up to the front meaning that there wouldn't be the color black showing in the front towards the mirror.
If you didn't tell me you bought full cups I would've assumed that these were just caps. I should've just bought the caps if they looked the same

But, yes, I was told caps look cheesy somehow, even though they look almost the same from the front of the car.