Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #29
NerdChop

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Yes wookwook it sounds like a jake brake that's a much better way to describe it lol

What about the chart on the link Cooper posted it shows the target RPM during the shift to be 3400 RPM and mine is revving at like 6000
NerdChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #30
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdChop View Post
Thanks Cooper. We just talk yesterday on IG. I'm panda32

So the chart says for the LTG that NLS is active if u shift over 4400 rpm. And the target rpm is 3400 rpm!

I am not experiencing this! I NLS around 5500 rpm and when i clutch in it revs even higher like 6000+ rpm and sounds like my car is farting until i put it in the next gear. I have the accelerator pedal floored the entire time. The chart says rpm should drop to 3400 rpm during the shift unless i am missing something.

Can anyone else add to what the behavior of their rpm is during a NLS in the LTG?

For now i won't do it until i figure this out.

Hey again, haha! So, the only thing I can add is when I was doing some work on a buddies M6, I didn't get it to function either when I went out for testing his car... My friend looks over and say's "You have to do it very fast" So I gave that a try, and two attempts later, boom.. NLS .. So maybe give that a try? Other than that, it should be working..

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #31
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
try practicing from 1 to 2. just find a quiet street and run it up to 4400 slowly, yeah it will start revvving. you don't have to be too fast, just shift like normal. don't flinch with the gas peddle. once the jake brake starts, just slide it down to 2 like usual. let off the clutch, but DONT let off the gas first keep it floored. it works like a full WOT strategy as you row the gears. it takes a few tries. THEN slow down!

*to clarify you rev up to 4400 slowly then floor it and push the clutch in at the same instant. keep the gas floored the whole time. its very counter intuitive! do some dry runs in the driveway!? LOL.

* also as a thought this would not apply to a stock car, but i could see a tuned car with throttle pulling back, then it may disable nls on those cars if tps isn't 84.9 or what ever sensor/derive it wanted to see.? just a thought....

Last edited by wookwook; 10-22-2019 at 05:59 AM.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #32
NerdChop

I think I've been doing the NLS properly. I definitely hear that jake brake sound during the shift, and my foot stays planted on the accelerator (that is no problem for me).

I couldnt copy and past the chart from Cooper's link, but i interpreted it to mean the engine should hover around 3400 rpm during the actual NLS. On the contrary my engine revs upwards of 6000 rpm and i hear the jake brake noise until i clutch in.

In conclusion, i get how to do the NLS. I would like to know if the rpm behaving like i described is normal for everyone, or is there someone that has their rpm drop yo 3400 rpm during the NLS.

I think maybe the guy who wrote the chart made a typo lol
Old 10-22-2019, 04:29 PM   #33
NerdChop

Nevermind. Everything is working fine. I did a couple pulls staring at the rpms. I shift around 5500, the rpm dropped slowly during NLS as intended and i heard the jake brake sound.

My bad, i guess earlier i felt as if the rpms were spiking due to noise and adrenaline lol
Old 10-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #34
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I did a quicky look as I remembered, and in 1-2 mine shot up for a test. but the others slide on down like you said. It could be a way the engine deals with the blow off, keeps the throttle plate open a bit to lose the over pressure... just a hunch. all seems normal.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote