Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
OK I'm sitting down how much is a D1x upgade?

Boost is addicting, and I was going to wait till next year to up boost and get a D1x unit, but I have acquired a HP LT4 pump second hand, and have outgrown my P1sc. I think I want to buy the unit outright.

Also is there a way to change to the quite gearset on the P1sc (for one of my older buds).
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 06-18-2018 at 04:50 PM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #2
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Boost is addicting, and I was going to wait till next year to up boost and get a D1x unit, but I have acquired a HP LT4 side second hand, and have outgrown my P1sc. I think I want to buy the unit outright.

Also is there a way to change to the quite gearset on the P1sc (for one of my older buds).
Looks like advertised price on the d1x satin, no cut gears on the interwebz is around $2950. I'm sure you can find a vendor on here to beat that.

As far as I knew the only way to quiet the PC is have your gears helical cut, which would require rebuilding the charger and having the gears inside machine cut to reduce the noise?
Attached Images

Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
HorsePowerAddicts

Drives: LSx Powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Boost is addicting, and I was going to wait till next year to up boost and get a D1x unit, but I have acquired a HP LT4 side second hand, and have outgrown my P1sc. I think I want to buy the unit outright.

Supercharger order is processed. Thank you Again for the Order and it was Nice talking to you. Let us know how the car makes out with the new head unit !
HorsePowerAddicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
oldman

with same 4.0 pulley it will be 10 PSI. Holly Parent of Some Deity! And that is the biggest pulley / least boost made, LOL, can't call me "small" now. LOL,
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
oldman

Next on the list is a set of LT4 injectors, I'm hoping the rich Zl1 guys can sell there cast aways, got the low mile LT4 HP pump for $600 shipped.