Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Has anyone hardwired a Dashcam Battery Pack to the trunk?

So today I hardwired the Cellink Neo Battery pack for dash cams into my fuse box in the trunk. The point of the battery is to power the dash cam while the vehicle off for parking mode. It should ONLY draw power from the battery when the vehicle is on. Originally I wired it to what the manual describes as the amplifier fuse. I assumed it would only receive power when the vehicle is on but I was incorrect.

Ok that didn't work but in the trunk box is also a fuse for the wireless charger. The battery draws 9 amps of power when set to hi and the wireless charger fuse is a 5 amp. My stupid ass basically blew the 5 amp fuse. I replaced it with a 10 amp and the add a fuse is also a 10.
Battery properly only charges now only when the vehicle is on but when I have it set to Hi battery for faster charging the app for the battery is kicking out a low voltage warning.
I dropped the battery to low draw(which is technically meant for when the battery is connected to the DC plug inside the car.) and it's fine but just charging slower.

I'm assuming this fuse outlet is only putting out a small amount of power causing the warning, is there a better fuse in the trunk that would give me full power and only when the vehicle is on?

Car is a 2LT.

Last edited by Hitman84; 06-09-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
near as I can tell every fuse in the trunk but maybe 2 or 3 provide constant power. the 2 that provided ignition switched power don't provide enough.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
Get yourself an automotive relay (like this), use the (+) on switched fuse in the trunk at pin 86, ground pin 85, connect pin 30 directly to your battery with a large enough wire and 20a fuse, pin 87 will then feed your device all the power it can handle