Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-04-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
cruz1996

Drives: Camaro RS
Camaro nonbose 1lt coupe speakers

Best 6x9 and 5.25 inch for nonbose without having to add an external amp. Any suggestions? Looking to upgrade but I don’t want to go through the hassle of adding amps and subs. Just want an improvement over the stock speakers
cruz1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Naptown Josh

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
I am towards the end of my project, 2017 1LT non bose 6 speaker system, replacing the two door 6x9s, the rear sides 6.5s, adding two 6x9s to the rear deck, and a 10" sub. I am putting the 6x9s and sub on a 5 channel amp and the two 6.5s on a two channel amp. I did not originally want to do all that but after doing some research on here it doesn't seem like you are going to improve the sound by just swapping out the speakers. My project has definitely taken me longer than I expected/wanted. My advice is you take out the back seat, pop open the rear side panels, take that signal run it to the trunk and run wires back to feed the 6.5s, replace those and add a sub. 3 channel amp with one sub and two 6.5s. Easiest way to improve the sound without getting too deep into it.
Naptown Josh is offline   Reply With Quote