Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-16-2018, 12:17 AM   #15
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
How well do the arrows work i wonder? Does the laser go through the rear window and stuff?
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
if it's ringing on the laser then it's to late lol .. cannot beat a laser..

arrows work pretty well .. points to the direction cop is instead of looking around trying to spot him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
How well do the arrows work i wonder? Does the laser go through the rear window and stuff?
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #17
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
What are your impressions of the R3 so far OP? Considering one
Old 01-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #18
PackersFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
if it's ringing on the laser then it's to late lol .. cannot beat a laser..

arrows work pretty well .. points to the direction cop is instead of looking around trying to spot him..
Yeah laser is the real killer. ALP’s jammer System is the perfect defense against laser, epecially against the new Truspeed S guns the CHP use out here..very hard to pick up. Considering this system also
Old 01-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #19
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
What are your impressions of the R3 so far OP? Considering one
I think I need more time to decide. I'm still figuring out what modes I should have on and off. It seems like it goes off A LOT and theres no cops around.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #20
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I've got both a Max360 and Max360C in two vehicles, can't live without them!
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #21
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
i don't mess with jammers lol .. they are illegal and can get you in a lot of trouble lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
Yeah laser is the real killer. ALP’s jammer System is the perfect defense against laser, epecially against the new Truspeed S guns the CHP use out here..very hard to pick up. Considering this system also
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #22
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
There is literally no radar in the south bay... Bought a V1 and found out that the only thing it ever alerts to is blindspot monitors that every ****ing car has here. Also had to turn off the laser due to the crazy amount of alerts. 5 months, no real alerts. Just going to get laser jammers, run waze and call it a day.
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #23
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
i don't mess with jammers lol .. they are illegal and can get you in a lot of trouble lol..
Only if the cop knows what you have, many double as parking sensors. Just say that due to the shit visibility of the camaro you need them
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:36 PM   #24
PackersFan26

Quote:
if you get caught with one, its a fix it ticket and thats it. at least here in CA. but if you do it properly, no reason to ever get caught
Old 01-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #25
PackersFan26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
There is literally no radar in the south bay... Bought a V1 and found out that the only thing it ever alerts to is blindspot monitors that every ****ing car has here. Also had to turn off the laser due to the crazy amount of alerts. 5 months, no real alerts. Just going to get laser jammers, run waze and call it a day.
this. dont really give a shit about a cop having radar on in his car, out here for me at least in the east bay they dont mess around with the speed traps. especially on the I5 to and from sac which is a trip i make on alot of weekends....theres just some streches where i cant resist lol
Old 01-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #26
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I've got a Max360 and an ALP laser jammer system. Here's my 2 cents - go to the radar detector forum where they test this stuff and provide professional reviews.

The Max360 and Valentin both provide more than enough distance for you to pick up radar and slow down. The biggest difference is how well the detectors filter out false positives. With the Valentin you really benefit if you have an Android phone that can run their app. I forgot the name of it - yavvy or something like that. The Max360 learns and filters really well. Uniden was a bargain bin brand when I bought my new detector so I'm not sure how good this new model is at all.

To answer your question, yes, they pick up rear signals through your rear window, so you stick the detectors up high. You don't buy these things for laser even though they pick up laser. By the time they pick up laser, it's too late, so there's no point in mounting near your hood down low. If you want laser protection I can gush enough about ALP. There's only one real competitor that's even in the same league and it's going to cost you A LOT more. The ALP even can disguise itself as a parking sensor system if you run into trouble. Free firmware updates to keep up with the updates to laser gun technology and it picked up 50% more laser hits from 11 different current production laser guns when I had my system professionally tested...ALP = Winning.

Good luck with everything. Also check out Vortex Radar on youtube for good reviews.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #27
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTEMUNK View Post
Get the V1Driver app. It adds GPS marking (through your phone). Works great!

For the most part, trying to use any radar detector in a city environment isn't going to work very well.. but comes in handy when you hit the mountain and desert roads.
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #28
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyusaid View Post
UNIDENNNNNNN R3 its the best hands down. Great filtering and the best performance but one thing is you have to manually mute when it triggers a false alarm (barely happens) and its 300 dollars cheaper. Check out vortex radar videos on youtube
Agreed. R3 is amazing.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote