Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Phastek Performance

Old 07-22-2017, 06:32 AM   #1
ddanj

Drives: 2018 1LS 1LE
Which dealer to order from?

I'm thinking about ordering a v6 1LE 1LS Camaro. Any suggestions who to order from?

I'm in Franklin Massachusetts, but willing to travel for the best deal/dealer.

Thanks!
ddanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Absolutely 100% if your ordering your car stay away from Macmulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH. With that said do not leave any dealership without your build number. Any dealership that claims they cannot give it to you right then and there is lying and you should walk away before signing anything make this very clear to them.

secondly use the build number tracking thread provided by Becky@RodgersChevrolet on the main forum page she is a godsend to the Camaro community. Better yet buy from Becky she will ship you your car most times or arrange for it to be picked up at a dealership in your area.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Absolutely 100% if your ordering your car stay away from Macmulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH. With that said do not leave any dealership without your build number. Any dealership that claims they cannot give it to you right then and there is lying and you should walk away before signing anything make this very clear to them.

secondly use the build number tracking thread provided by Becky@RodgersChevrolet on the main forum page she is a godsend to the Camaro community. Better yet buy from Becky she will ship you your car most times or arrange for it to be picked up at a dealership in your area.
Don't look in northeast ohio...Stay away from PAT O' BRIEN............

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Don't look in northeast ohio...Stay away from PAT O' BRIEN............
Think that's way out of his driving range.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 07-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Personally, I had a great experience ordering my car from Steve Ricker at Betley Chevrolet in Derry, NH (I live in Beverly, MA). Decided on him/Betley after a personal recommendation and after a lot of shopping around and e-mailing.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #6
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
If purchasing and looking for the best out the door price, Quirk in Braintree or Copeland in Brockton. Be prepared to spend some time going back and forth about numbers (stay sharp). I'm only recommending them because if you hold firm, they will offer the largest discount. I personally don't like either.

My choice for purchasing AND service is Best Chevy in Hingham. You may not get as big of a discount in sales, but the service department is excellent. Very nice waiting area with food or take a walk across the street to Derby Shoppes. Best gets my vote!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
ddanj

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try the dealers closest to me first, then go from there.
Copeland in Brockton
Boch in Norwood
Tasca in Woonsocket

Should I expect to get a build number from the dealer right away if I put a deposit down? Are deposits refundable?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanj View Post
Thanks everyone. I'm going to try the dealers closest to me first, then go from there.
Copeland in Brockton
Boch in Norwood
Tasca in Woonsocket

Should I expect to get a build number from the dealer right away if I put a deposit down? Are deposits refundable?

Thanks!
They can and need to give you the build number right away them saying anything else is a lie and you should immediately walk to the next dealership.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Absolutely 100% if your ordering your car stay away from Macmulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH.
What soured you on MacMulkin?

I bought my C7 there, and it was a fantastic experience. I realize the 'vette group is a separate business unit, but I've talked with some of the guys downstairs and they seemed pretty cool.

The service guys, especially James are a pretty great group, too. One of the cashier girls is pretty damn hot, too.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
ddanj

Ended up ordering from Copeland. Got me the best price, and were willing to work with my requirements. They didn't seem to be the nicest to deal with, but came around once things started settling down. I got to review the Workbench Order and recieved a build number the same day.

We'll see how it goes once the car comes in and I have to go through with the finance(etc) process.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
What soured you on MacMulkin?

I bought my C7 there, and it was a fantastic experience. I realize the 'vette group is a separate business unit, but I've talked with some of the guys downstairs and they seemed pretty cool.

The service guys, especially James are a pretty great group, too. One of the cashier girls is pretty damn hot, too.
They were idiots through and through I went there out of other club member recommendations to build and order my Camaro. So first trip went in had my build already set with options and a print out also had all my finance stuff ready for them to make it super easy. I know buying a car is a miserably longer experience then it has to be so I brought snacks and what not and ate before I went. Got my salesman right away he was a good guy no issue with him personally at that point sat down explained to him what I wanted he of course tried getting me to buy one from the lot but relented when I said it needed the options I wanted. So we went though a back and forth on financing... that department there is a mess downstairs from the corvette guys. Finally after 3 hours my car was ordered. I asked for my build number... "We can't give it to you the lady that does it isn't in til Monday." I should've walked right there and I know that but I didn't stupid me. So I waited called back Monday for my build order. "Well sir we don't have it yet let me check. Yes we'll call you by the end of the day with it." So that never happened I called the next afternoon they said there was an issue with the ordering system and to please bare with them. I waited a week called back overly irritated and anxious at this point they said my order was cancelled that Monday when they came in when I finally demanded to talk to a sales manager. Turns out none of those idiots knew the 2016 cutoff had happened a month before on the 2016's... So I relented wanting my Camaro at that point. Had them order the 2017 it was a miniscule price bump for me. Again they didn't give me my build number same terrible excuse so I went down in person and they gave me my build number I told them I will call them when it arrives and not to bother me. Thankfully Becky tracks our orders for us so I used her every step of the way she is such an awesome lady. So car arrived on a truck at their lot on a Thursday was told I had to wait til Tuesday morning... Politely said they need to have everything ready for me when I arrive Tuesday afternoon if they're making me wait that long for no reason period. Out of curiosity I went on their website to look at cars found my VIN on the page and called to buy it the salesperson I talked to said I could pick it up today that was on Friday the day after it arrived told him i'd be right there I got down there and they were actually going to sell me an ordered spoken for car... I used my father in laws name when I arrived the sales manager recognized me from my previous visits and asked me what was up when I told him I was here to pick up my car he about shit his pants that lead to him saying it's not ready and me saying well apparently for this guy it is ready gave him the information he went all silent. So I left with the it better still be here and better be ready on Tuesday you've screwed with me enough and wasted way to much time. So they called Tuesday morning like he said they would I said I have an hour drive to get there and work soon after they said it'd be ready when I arrived. It wasn't big surprise they claim they had a busy morning even though the car was their the previous Thursday. So I waited I had a few hours 2 hours later i'm pacing around irritated notice my car is finally on the line and I see the tech go towards my car with a rivet gun. "Now I politely said no front plate install. I had bought a sto-n-go plate after I ordered the car had it with me. I yelled at him from the door that if he touches that car with that rivet gun he bought it. Sales manager came out from all the yelling asked why I was still here he thought i'd left with my car at that point the manager upstairs came down and asked what was going on I didn't give asswipe sales manager in my mind at this point the time to talk the manager upstairs had my car in my hands within 5 minutes with an apology for what happened. So no I will not use them and I would never recommend anyone to them after this experience.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #12
ddanj

For reference, I also found this thread:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429115
3100 - 08/19/2017 TPW 09/11/2017 | 4800 - 09/20/2017 train journey done
3400 - 08/25/2017 | 5000 - 09/22/2017 at the dealer, and picked up!
4300 - 09/12/2017 Built! VIN available
4B00 - 09/14/2017 move to rail yard
Old 10-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #13
ddanj

Just FYI for anyone who sees this thread:

I ended up ordering from Copeland. After about 2 hours of haggling, I got the best deal from them as compared to 3-4 other dealers I went to. I had a trade-in car so that was in the equation.

I worked with sales guy Rob, sales manager Tom, and signed papers with Costa.

I can elaborate more on details if anyone inquires.
3100 - 08/19/2017 TPW 09/11/2017 | 4800 - 09/20/2017 train journey done
3400 - 08/25/2017 | 5000 - 09/22/2017 at the dealer, and picked up!
4300 - 09/12/2017 Built! VIN available
4B00 - 09/14/2017 move to rail yard
Old 11-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #14
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Glad you ended up with a good deal, congrats on your new car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanj View Post
Just FYI for anyone who sees this thread:

I ended up ordering from Copeland. After about 2 hours of haggling, I got the best deal from them as compared to 3-4 other dealers I went to. I had a trade-in car so that was in the equation.

I worked with sales guy Rob, sales manager Tom, and signed papers with Costa.

I can elaborate more on details if anyone inquires.