Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #43
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeze9878 View Post
Hey guys, my buddy looked into and still same thing needed the problem is finding a dealer that will do it. Essentially all your doing is telling your cluster that your car is a ZL1. I haven't found a dealer that will do and I haven't had a tuner look into it yet since I haven't completely decided what I'm doing with mine yet so nothing has even been bought and I'm really not worried about it yet.

Side note my buddy bought the P3 gauge for in the drivers vent with the analog set up and it works great so far. Its an actual reading with a vac tube and shows up as a digital read out. Looks good and you can read codes and I think like 20 - 30 other things on it( not 100% sure but its a good number things)
Will the P3 measure boost through the OBDII on an SS Camaro? Anything that needs to be turned on through the tune? Also, any benefit to using the analog sensor over the OBDII reading? Been searching on this gauge and this is the best thread I have found with information on it.
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #44
Jhunsberger

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6 (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17txcamaross View Post
Will the P3 measure boost through the OBDII on an SS Camaro? Anything that needs to be turned on through the tune? Also, any benefit to using the analog sensor over the OBDII reading? Been searching on this gauge and this is the best thread I have found with information on it.
So I just installed a Whipple and support mods and a P3 gauge. From what P3 told me, you need the analog boost kit to measure boost on an SS. My car is at the tuners to get a start up tune done right now. I put a brass nipple fitting in the back of the Whipple to pull the boost from, for the analog on the P3. The P3 seems to be a very nice product, although I haven't seen it in action yet.
Jhunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #45
17txcamaross

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhunsberger View Post
So I just installed a Whipple and support mods and a P3 gauge. From what P3 told me, you need the analog boost kit to measure boost on an SS. My car is at the tuners to get a start up tune done right now. I put a brass nipple fitting in the back of the Whipple to pull the boost from, for the analog on the P3. The P3 seems to be a very nice product, although I haven't seen it in action yet.
Thank you for the response.

One other question...kind of off topic...

Has anyone hooked up a wideband to the P3? What all is needed to do so? Do I need a wideband sensor and controller, just the sensor...etc?

Thanks!
17txcamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:23 PM   #46
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Has anyone re calibrated the CAN bus configuration for their instrument cluster once the map sensor was installed giving a vac/boost reading back to the ecm? I ask because I hooked the scanner to my 18 SS and I'm able to pull up the vac/boost gauge through the instrument cluster module but there is no signal for it to allow the gauge to stay.

I'll know once I get the Lt4 supercharger conversion completed in the next few weeks. If someone is in the Chicagoland area with a supercharger setup, I would try it on yours to verify.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:38 AM   #47
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
way back people were using a MAF signal to break-out into led that were set into the instrument cluster. I've lost the circuit diagram but it was popular with Honda, VW and Audi people. I was a simple voltage breakdown ladder with zeinner diodes.

I'm using two simple hobs switches 1 set for 4 PSI and turns on green leds that are set into my hood vent / extractor, the 2nd hobbs set for 7 PSI (overboost for me). I was thinking of LED skulls in the hood extractor, saw it at Autozone, one with green eyes and the other with red (passenger side extractor). Too bling but I really liked it.... still tossing it around. Car is to fast for a gauge anyway. Hence I just went to LED lights.

Here is an example of an Audi LED light setup:
https://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec42.shtml

The ones I've seen and done were all in the instrument cluster, this guy put his on the steering column. I have the LED on my hood extractor, but you get the idea.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 06-19-2018 at 10:53 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote