Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #15
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
Thanks man!! I thought SW had one. If Magnaflow doesn't have any affordable options then it's gonna be Kooks.. And why is it so hard to get just a plain ol rear shot of the exhaust from these companies??? I thank Borla for the clean shots!!!

I think the lack of photos is due to the systems being so new.

I looked at Magnaflow re-sellers and couldn't find quad-tip axle-back systems without valves. Couldn't find any re-sellers with photos. Checked the Magnaflow website for 2016 Camaro SS and got one hit...a cat-back system that has a photo.

I had to email Kooks directly to get the photos. None of the re-sellers have any posted. I think the muffler on the axle-back is too small. Put the muffler from the cat-back on the axle-back and I'll buy it.

It appears that Borla and Kooks are the only manufacturers that have a quad-tip system without the valves. Kooks prices are lower but one system has a really small muffler and the other system deletes the muffler completely.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #16
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Thanks Hyper16 for making this thread. Magnaflow got back to me and you were right, they don't make what I need. So I went with the Kooks with polished tips and the muffler delete!! Thanks to Jared from JDP Motorsports!! I'm going to have my rear fascia/ diffuser painted gloss black too!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
Hyper16

Quote:
Thanks Hyper16 for making this thread. Magnaflow got back to me and you were right, they don't make what I need. So I went with the Kooks with polished tips and the muffler delete!! Thanks to Jared from JDP Motorsports!! I'm going to have my rear fascia/ diffuser painted gloss black too!
Excellent. It is going to be LOUD. Post some before and after photos

My facia is at the paint shop and the Borla S-type mufflers are ordered.
I'll post photos when it is finished.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:24 PM   #18
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
Excellent. It is going to be LOUD. Post some before and after photos

My facia is at the paint shop and the Borla S-type mufflers are ordered.
I'll post photos when it is finished.
Yes sir!! I will post some pics and you do the same!! I wonder how loud it will be?? I guess I will find out!! Modding is always exciting!!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
If you look around you can find somebody usually locally that can fabricate all the stuff for you. I was lucky enough to find a guy several years ago that has done a lot of work for me, adding quad tips to my 13, straightening out a lousy job by somebody else on a Honda accord that added a magnaflow system, the new GM axle back recently they did for me, deleting my second cats,and he can cut and weld anything in place and get it right . It's worth interviewing a few shops finding out where all the other Camaro guys are going.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #20
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
If you look around you can find somebody usually locally that can fabricate all the stuff for you. I was lucky enough to find a guy several years ago that has done a lot of work for me, adding quad tips to my 13, straightening out a lousy job by somebody else on a Honda accord that added a magnaflow system, the new GM axle back recently they did for me, deleting my second cats,and he can cut and weld anything in place and get it right . It's worth interviewing a few shops finding out where all the other Camaro guys are going.
Yep. I know a guy that owns a Meineke franchise. He has been working on my vehicles for years. I trust him to install the exhaust.
The dealership is in charge of the facia. I'm using a $250 credit I have to offset the costs.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #21
sonnydurden

Hey I just dug up an old pic of my Magnaflow exhaust for 12' SS.. Looking at it.. I believe it was a muffler delete as well. I just knew I liked the sound and the 5" tips!!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #22
metwaru

Drives: 2016 I-4 2.0
I looked up some pics and videos on muffler deletes, sounds awesome! I'm curious does this void warranty?
Old 05-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
Hyper16

Ya'll are not going to believe this. I just got a call from Flowmaster. I won this month's contest for an Outlaw axle-back system.

Now I have to give this some more thought. How to put on quad tips.........

Old 05-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #24
sonnydurden

Quote:
Ya'll are not going to believe this. I just got a call from Flowmaster. I won this month's contest for an Outlaw axle-back system.

Now I have to give this some more thought. How to put on quad tips.........
Congrats!!! You lucky SOB!!!..LMAO!!! I'm pretty sure you can find some quad tips!! Nothing like a free exhaust to help out the pockets!!! Let us know what you decide!!!
Old 05-14-2016, 11:22 PM   #25
Hyper16

Quote:
Congrats!!! You lucky SOB!!!..LMAO!!! I'm pretty sure you can find some quad tips!! Nothing like a free exhaust to help out the pockets!!! Let us know what you decide!!!
Yep. Talked to my friend who owns a Meineke franchise. He said can modify the tips to quad. So I get the quad-tip look for the cost of the facia and installation. Awesome !

THANKS FLOWMASTER

Old 05-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #26
sonnydurden

Quote:
Yep. Talked to my friend who owns a Meineke franchise. He said can modify the tips to quad. So I get the quad-tip look for the cost of the facia and installation. Awesome !

THANKS FLOWMASTER
That totally could not of worked out better!!! Flowmaster is awesome!!
Old 05-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #27
metwaru

Drives: 2016 I-4 2.0
Quote:
That totally could not of worked out better!!! Flowmaster is awesome!!

Wow that's awesome!! Congratulations!! I'm at a muffler shop now running straight pipes back. These guys can pretty much do anything with the pipes. You shouldn't have an issue
Old 05-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #28
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by metwaru View Post
Wow that's awesome!! Congratulations!! I'm at a muffler shop now running straight pipes back. These guys can pretty much do anything with the pipes. You shouldn't have an issue
Let's us see when you finish!!